PDA

View Full Version : Who on Pet Talk do you most admire?

swimma253
10-17-2004, 08:28 AM
Well.. I just thought that we could have a thread about the person or persons on PT that we most admire! :)

Mine would have to be... Sandra.

Sandra, you always have somthing nice to say. You always seem to be putting others ahead of yourself. I wish I was more like that. You may not know it, but your little acts of kindness bring a smile to our faces. You always wish people a Happy Birthday. You congratulate the DOTD every day. I remember my first thread that you replied to. You have no idea how happy I was all day! :) And with 10,000+ posts... how could anyone not admire you! :D

And of course... Karen!

We wouldnt even be here if it wasnt for you! You always are willing to help people out... and are always so nice! :) Its pretty cool that people from all over the world come to your website! :D

Carly

slleipnir
10-17-2004, 09:04 AM
I don't know...I have soooo many I admire.

Sandra and Catnip especially. They've always been so nice to me and helpful, like when I'm feeling down. I owe so much to both of them plus so many other pt'ers I just couldn't list everyone incase I forgot someone

joanofark
10-17-2004, 09:08 AM
Probably Kay (Kfamr):)

Because she always does such a great job on siggys, Blinkies, and avatars.:) And she know a lot about PT. And she always helps out in any way she can. I wish I could be as talented as her some day.:)

:) :) :)

popcornbird
10-17-2004, 09:23 AM
I admire a LOT of PT'ers, but especially Johanna (Cataholic). She has always been SUCH a good friend to me. I miss her so much and wish she would start coming online more often again. :(

All of my friends on PT mean a great deal to me though.

sirrahbed
10-17-2004, 10:25 AM
I admire those who do rescue work over on Cat General. There are surely some in other forums but CG is the one I know most. The folks I read about most are Queenscoopallot and Leslie - who often work together. They do rescue most every day of the week and take in cats that people literally throw in the trash and give up for dead. Both go into debt trying to help these little ones and older castaways. I get to see before and after pictures of creatures one would hardly recognize as cats!! They nurse (most) of them to health and find homes for them. These are people I admire:D And, these are only TWO of them.

binka_nugget
10-17-2004, 10:37 AM
I love all my PT friends dearly. They're all so special to me.

But I have to mention one person in particular. Liana (Primabella) has been an amazing friend and was there when I was going through some hard times.

Amber
10-17-2004, 11:31 AM
They admire me all, your all great people! :D

--amber

Mkitty
10-17-2004, 12:06 PM
I admire all of my friends on PT, and even those I barely know, but I just have to say that G.P.girl was my first buddie that was around the same age as me, so she is a great friend, as well as all my other great friends, adults and kids.:D

Here are the rest of my great friends that I know from PT:

catmandu
MariaM
Tweety_Pie
dogs_4_me
Karen
jillian
doggylovr6
flamepony12
cubby31682
Glacier
Miranda Rae
jazzytina
guster girl
rpcathouse
sammy101
christa
almamee
CatHouse
catfancier
gotalonglildoggie
senorita02
moosmom

These are all my friends, and I'm still making more, and I appreciate everyone on petoftheday, and remember these are people I know so no hard feelings toward people I don't know! I will be making alot more friends! And this list isn't in order from who I admire the most and the least!;)

flamepony12
10-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Amber
They admire me all, your all great people! :D

Me too! :D That's what PT's all about, right? :D

Karen
10-17-2004, 12:44 PM
All of you, for making Pet Talk the great place it is!

I agree with the first post, though, Sandra is worthy of extra praise for her unstintingly positive posts!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Karen and Paul for making such a wonderful site and putting up with us!

My dear friends, Sandra (tatsxxx11), and Tonya (zippy-kat). They took one lonesome lady under their wings and made her very happy!

Cinder and Smoke, and RICHARD for bringing tons of smiles and giggles! Klam Juice rules!

There are so many others I can't list them all!
:D

CamCamPup33
10-17-2004, 02:17 PM
I admire everyone here!

But I'd have to say Julie (GoldenretrLuver) and Popcornbird because their the people who i can actually talk to about things and know they would never judge me or anything. They have made my life much easier with them to talk to, and their two (Of the MANY!) PTer's here that make pet talk worth while!

puppyluvs
10-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Well for me I can not say I admire anyone in pituclar right know because I am so new to the site ! But I have known anna66 for quite some time from another site and I have to say I admire her alot ... She is so special !

carole
10-17-2004, 03:44 PM
There are so many wonderful people here it is hard to list them all, but some of the members I admire are:
Sandra- a very warm caring individual, who always has something nice to say to everyone, very special person.

kimlovescats- another caring lady with a heart of gold, her rescue work leaves me in awe of her.

Queenscoopalot- what can I say,words alone cannot express this ladies caring, positive attitude, she does so much good, I admire her greatly.

David p- a very warm, hearted sweet man , who brings alot of joy and laughter to PT, a great spirited guy.

Gini- another person who just makes me smile, and feel warm, nice thoughts about, she is a very caring lady, and special individual.

Multicatmom- although I don't know you well, you have brought a lot to PT, I always enjoy reading your posts and hearing about your life, another caring women with a loving heart.

Willie_trayi52- another lady who I admire very much, she is a lovely person, who has a great sense of humour, offers advice, and honesty and is very sensitive to people, and always trys to help when she can, love ya Willie!!

I also admire, these people for many reasons, that would take too long to write.
Donna
Noahsmommy
Logan
Leslie
Lynnestankard
Jenny PIF
Jenluckenbach
Tonya
Fox Gal
Cass-luckies4me
Amberlee
there are bound to be many I have missed out, I will add them later if they come to mind.:)

jazzcat
10-17-2004, 04:24 PM
There are so many I admire but I especially have to mention
Kimlovescats, Jenluckenbach and Aly. Of course there are several more who do rescue and their tireless, generous efforts leave me in awe like Queenscoopalot, Lesli, Mugsy, Noahsmommy, PIF, FoxGal, Laura's Babies and Catmandu.

Of course I also admire Sandra for her kindness and wonderful way with words.:)

*LabLoverKEB*
10-17-2004, 05:28 PM
GoldenRetrLuver (Julie) Because you can always talk to her if something goes wrong, and they will never say a negative thing back

Kfamr (Kay) -above reason

Primabella (Liana)- above reason

tatsxxx11 (Sandra)- Soooo sweet, kind giving, loving, someone you can always talk, and never ever will say a negative thing back!:)

Logan (Logan:D )- above reason:)

Wolf_Q- (Amy)- above reason

Ciinder and smoke- (Phred) above reason
Karen & Paul- last, but SO DEFFINEATLEY not least, for making this wonderul place on the net, where we can talk to other fellow pet lovers.:)

And EVERYONE else here on Pet Talk!!!:) ;) :)

MariaM
10-17-2004, 05:44 PM
I admire, of course, Sandra:D She always writes things that are positive and I've never seen anything 'bad' come from her yet!

Also Val [dukedogsmom] because she has been very nice when I was going through harder times.

Now, if I really wanted to stay here for a couple hours, I'd list alot more. But everyone on Pet Talk is special, because they love pets of course!

GoldenRetrLuver
10-17-2004, 05:56 PM
I admire just about everyone here, but there's one person in particular..

Amber -- CamCamPup33: She's been there for me when I was going through some hard times, and I'm really greatful and thankful for that. She's a great friend, and I can honestly talk to her about everything and anything. She's a wonderful person, and I'm soo glad I got to know her through Pet Talk.

There's also PCB, K9Soul, primabella, binka_nugget, wolfsoul, ILoveMyAbbyGirl, BCBlondie, *LabLoverKEB*, the list goes on and on!

slleipnir
10-17-2004, 06:45 PM
I also wanna add Kay and Dukedogsmom. Kay has been a good friend for a while and she's awesome to talk to. DDM is just one of the sweetest people :)

Wolf q - awesome artist -so envious :rolleyes: -

DogLover9501
10-17-2004, 08:05 PM
I admire alot of people for alot of different reasons.

There are a few I need to name though.

Like others said, Karen and Paul for bringing us all together!

Anna(anna_66): Anna is such an amazing, special person!! She is just the sweetest woman! I love reading her posts, getting replies from her, and also getting PMs from her! She is so easy to talk to and to get along with, without her, PT would never be the same to me! One of my dreams is to definatly go visit her someday. I admire her so much!

Willie(trayi52): Willie is so sweet, and caring! Her posts are always so cheerfull, she's just an all around GREAT person!!

Debbie(sirrahbed): Also very sweet! I always love her posts, she is so great, and we share a love for ORANGIES!!

I know there are tons more, but I really had to mention those :)

NoahsMommy
10-17-2004, 08:17 PM
I think everyone here has something admirable about them. PT is a wonderful, supportive and fun place.

:)

Kfamr
10-17-2004, 08:36 PM
I'll never be able to list all of my special friends, aka the people I admire..... I'm only going to name 5, and not in any order...

Anna_66 - Having put up with my pup, dad and I, and allowing us to come to her home for rest at 3am in the morning.. it only shows a little part of how giving and caring she is. She is one of the most beautiful and amazing women ever. Her friendship is something i'll definetly always treasure. Love ya Anna!

RobiLee(Robin) - Again, her allowing us to spend time at her house, cooking a wonderful dinner, and just being so much fun! I'll never forget all of the laughs and conversations we've had through PM's, IM's and in person. She is a wonderful lady and deserves all of the happiness in the world.

wolf_q(Amy) - Another great friend of mine. It is amazing what her and I have in common, and especially how our love for dogs is so much alike. You can tell by all of the wonderful photos and stories about Syd, Reggie, and Nebo how much she loves and cares for these adorable pups. She is a great artist, photographer, and all around great person to talk and laugh with.

Dukedogsmom(Valerie) - It is amazing how much her and I have in common.. our tastes, likes, dislikes etc... As she's said before, it's like i'm her sister or daughter or somehow related. Her and her Duke dog mean a lot to me. :)

slleipnir(Audrey) - She is a lot of fun to talk to, especially when her and I get in our little.. weird?.. moods and talk about stuff like green and red snot rags, etc.. and make up fun little stories. Always there to talk to when I need to vent or just someone to joke around with. :D Love ya Audrey.... so does Kiki. ;)

Okay, I know I said only 5.. but I must add:

Aly - She is a true angel to animals. With all of the things she does, and all of the sad things that she's gone through, she never gives up the chance to help another furkid. Her love and care that shines through every post of hers is the main point I have to mention her. I mentioned her in the last thread like this as well, and she needs to be mentioned a thousand more times.

Like I said, I really couldn't list everyone or else i'd be here forever. If you were left out, please don't feel bad at all. I honestly admire each person on here for what they contribure to Pet Talk, good or bad.

*edited to add*
I wanted to thank those who have taken the time to list me.. Remember I admire you guys as well. :)

slleipnir
10-17-2004, 08:38 PM
slleipnir(Audrey) - She is a lot of fun to talk to, especially when her and I get in our little.. weird?.. moods and talk about stuff like green and red snot rags, etc.. and make up fun little stories. Always there to talk to when I need to vent or just someone to joke around with. Love ya Audrey.... so does Kiki.

Awww, I ddin't think anyone would list me -cries and huggles kay...and steals kiki- :D:D:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-17-2004, 09:12 PM
I admire so many people... just to name a few:

Trayi52 (Willie)-- Willie, I can't imagine my life without you. You always are there to cheer me up or give me a hug when I am sad. You are such a wonderful person. You always have a smile in your posts, you can tell. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there when I needed your care most. Thank you, thank you so much. You are my best friend.

GoldenRetrLuver (Julie)-- Julie... gosh! I feel like I have known you forever. You are one of my greatest friends, just because you can listen to me and (I hope) not get sick of my venting. You know lots about me... (sometimes too much :eek: ). And you know I love your pooches... *steals*

Carole-- You always have such a kind, caring response each time you post. I love seeing that you have posted in one of my threads because you always have something positive to say. I truly look up to you, and you should always know that. Thank you for your positive impact.

Gosh... there's so many more... I need to do my homework now... I'll be back. :)

primabella
10-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Aww Ash, we have known eachother for way too long. ;) *flings poop*

I admire so many great people on PT but I need to mention Ashley (binka_nugget) for always being there to endure my total dorkiness and odd sense of humour. You're such a creative and talented person and just need to say thanks for being there for me. :)

And of course Julie (GRL), Di (BCBlondie), Micki, Aly, Sandra, Amber (CamCam).. just so many of you that I really admire. Either you were there for me when I needed some support or to just listen to me talk, or you are just an overall great, caring, loving person.

I'm actually trying to get some sort of list out but I can't.. I know I'd miss someone. I'm just gonna end this here and say thanks to all.

popcornbird
10-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by primabella

I'm actually trying to get some sort of list out but I can't.. I know I'd miss someone. I'm just gonna end this here and say thanks to all.

That's actually why I didn't make a list. :o If I even mentioned two people, I would've felt guilty about leaving everyone else out. With only mentioning one.......I basically left everyone out, so I'm hoping no one would feel bad about it. My many dear friends here ALL know who they are. ;):D

Tonya
10-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
That's actually why I didn't make a list. :o If I even mentioned two people, I would've felt guilty about leaving everyone else out. With only mentioning one.......I basically left everyone out, so I'm hoping no one would feel bad about it. My many dear friends here ALL know who they are. ;):D

Ditto! There are quite a few people on PT that I admire.

pitc9
10-18-2004, 08:26 AM
ALY For all you have done for animals... and all you will do in the future to help animals.

You are an inspiration to us all! The work you do, all you give, that's why I admire you the most!

Laura's Babies
10-18-2004, 08:37 AM
I too, admire so many of the PT'ers in Cat General. Especially the rescuers who's devotion is so inspiring. The work, love, effort, and care that they put into what they do sometimes boggles the mind. There are just a whole bunch of great people here, the best in the world!!

BCBlondie
10-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Ditto!

I'm going to list just a few people because there are MANY people here that I really admire and I'll be here all day if I was to name them all.
Shelteez
Aly
primabella
binka_nugget
GoldenRetrLuver
UABassoon
^ These people are a few of those who have helped me out a lot and given me advice and support through hard (or good :) ) times.

But there are many more people and you know who you are!! :)

EssTer
10-18-2004, 10:49 AM
I love all you guys :)
But there are several people that I admire specially...

And they are

Jordan (Wolfsoul)
Kay(Kfamr)
Amy(Wolf_q)
Willie_trayi52

:)

CamCamPup33
10-18-2004, 04:35 PM
I had to come back because i forgot many people, and i was running short on time that day.

Something's wrong with the editting, it wont let me.. (It doesnt load) Anyways.....

I admire many people here on pet talk. But the following people have been their for me through everything, and i appreciate that.

Julie (Goldenretrluver)- She's one of my best friends here AND one of my best friends in RL. She and I are like sisters, i swear i could tell you everything about her. Me and her actually PLAN on meeting when we're 18, although julie is SOOO shy, so im not sure how that will go. Julie has been their with me for everything, and i knew from the second i first talked to her, we would get along great. Love ya julie!

Audrey (Sllepnir)- Hashy is another one of my best friends here on pet talk. I talk to hash about EVERYTHING. We constantly are joking around, and i always find myself cracking up at our weird conversations. We once had a whole conversation of "Do you have ______ where you live?" It was much fun. :p She is a really great person to talk to, and an even more amazing drawer -Pulls out tissue- Lova ya, Audrey!

Liana (Primabella)- Liana!! Liana and I used to PM eachother everyday, we both have gotten busy (:() and haven't had much time anymore. But she still is one of my best friends here, even though we may not talk as much. I told liana just about everything, about my friends, family, boyfriends, just everything and never regretted saying a word. She is a really great friend, lova ya liana!

NAME UNKNOWN; :p (Popcornbird)- Popcornbird is another really close friend of mine. I find it very easy to talk to her about whatever is on my mind, and she listens.. PCB is one of the nicest people i know on the board, and one of the few that i confide in. Love ya pcb!

Of course there's; BCBlondie; Johanna; Ash (Binka_nugget) and others....

popcornbird
10-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33

NAME UNKNOWN; :p (Popcornbird)- Popcornbird is another really close friend of mine. I find it very easy to talk to her about whatever is on my mind, and she listens.. PCB is one of the nicest people i know on the board, and one of the few that i confide in. Love ya pcb!

Of course there's; BCBlondie; Johanna; Ash (Binka_nugget) and others....

Name unknown.......LOL! Awwww. :D I love you too Amber. ;)

guster girl
10-18-2004, 05:55 PM
I'd have to say Aly. :)

caseysmom
10-18-2004, 06:22 PM
I haven't been here very long but there are a lot of nice people here. I really admire dukedogsmom for how much she loves duke I think its awesome and look forward to her pictures.

Miranda_Rae
10-18-2004, 06:47 PM
There are alot of people I admire even though I have only been here for such a short time...but I lurked for 2 years so thats how I started to admire the people that I am going to list.

k9soul: shes very sweet, and i like to read her posts, and she was so friendly and welcoming when I first joined. :)

Robilee: shes nice and I can't think of it all, but I admire her! :D

popcornbird: shes always so nice and considerate of other peoples feeling, and she very firm in what she believes.

binka_nugget: I admire her because shes always so informative and helpful, and shes nice too! :p

Dogz: she pays attention to peoples feels, and is considerate of them.

tatsxxx11: shes also very informative and helpful, and very nice. She was very sweet when I added her to my buddy list.

Logan: I have always loved to read her posts because shes so sweet and nice, and I can't think of it all, but I admire her. :)

GoldenRetrLuver: she was very nice when I joined, and I loved to read her posts, and shes very firm in what she believes also.

Primabella: because she is also very nice and considerate of peoples feelings.

Kfamr: because she does an AWESOME job on photos, sigs, avators, etc.

Cinder and Smoke: he has great advice on things.

anna_66: shes ever so sweet, and i just love reading her posts! :)

trayi52: i love reading her posts and shes so kind.

Aly: she does so much awesome work with animals, and shes also very kind.

micki56: Shes kind and she sticks by what she believes, and she is also very informative also.

pitc9: shes kind and considerate, and i love reading her posts.

Doglover9501: shes kind and i love reading her posts also...she is also considerate and cares about other people's feelings.

NoahsMommy: for all the work she does with her kitties. :)

I am sure there are A LOT more, but I can't exactly think of them all. If I think of some more I will come back and list them. I'm sorry if I have missed someone. :( I didn't purposely.

EDIT: I just thought of some more people. :)

KYS: I love reading her post, shes nice, and she is also very helpful.

Carole: shes sweet and nice :)

Pam: I like to read her posts, and shes kind.

And above all, they love their pets and other peoples pets! :D

slleipnir
10-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Ahh, lmao Mik that was funny ne? Mik is fun to talk to and like she said, have stupidly weird convos ;D haha.
bcblondie - for all the awesome stuff she does..sigs and stuff...
esster- she just seems so nice to everyone lol
julie - my wifey (only one i haven't divorced??)

GoldenRetrLuver
10-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
julie - my wifey (only one i haven't divorced??)

Lmao! Yes... we're still happily *ahem* married. :D

Miranda_Rae
10-20-2004, 06:18 PM
I thought of some more! :o

Cookiebaker: i like to read her posts and shes very sweet.

YellowLabLover: love to read her posts! and shes kind! :D

dappledoxie
10-20-2004, 06:23 PM
I admire so many people here, it'd be too hard to make a list, for fear I'd get in a hurry and miss someone. Just know that I admire many many people here at PT. :)
Thank you Orangutango :D

carole
10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Thank you Miranda Rae, I have never made it on the most admired list before, I am really chuffed.:) ;) :D

Miranda_Rae
10-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by carole
Thank you Miranda Rae, I have never made it on the most admired list before, I am really chuffed.:) ;) :D

Really? I would think you would have. :)

carole
10-20-2004, 07:55 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-20-2004, 07:57 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :)

You were on mine too! :D *hugs*

carole
10-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Oh my gosh I am so embarrassed, I missed your thread, but I looked back, Thank you so much., you are a sweetie pie, and too kind, but I am really doubley chuffed now!! :) :o :)

teenster3
10-20-2004, 08:10 PM
What does it take to get "admired" on Pet Talk?

I always see those threads where people talk about who they really care for, who they admire, who they like, etc, etc.......
talk about feeling left out!:(
I guess maybe I don't talk as much as others or maybe I would have some friends on here too. (Maybe I'm trying TOO HARD)
I've tried to write posts to get people to talk to me & write to others as much as I can!
I feel that I've been here long enough to know if I would find friends on here or not & so far I don't feel successful at it.
I rarely get pm'd, only if necessary.
I feel that a lot of my words go unnoticed & it hurts.
I think maybe I will need to find a different outlet.:(
Thank you to those who have helped me through hard times......Jazzcat, Slick, Carole, & others.
I just feel sad tonight, too much to deal with.:(

Miranda_Rae
10-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by teenster3

I always see those threads where people talk about who they really care for, who they admire, who they like, etc, etc.......
I guess maybe I don't talk as much as others or maybe I would have some friends on here too. (Maybe I'm trying TOO HARD)
I've tried to write posts to get people to talk to me & write to others as much as I can!
I feel that I've been here long enough to know if I would find friends on here or not & so far I don't feel successful at it.
Thank you to those who have helped me through hard times......Jazzcat, Slick, Carole, & others.

Oh don't feel bad, please! :( The only reason I had people to list was because I have been lurking for 2 YEARS, and no one added me to their admired list. Why don't you pm me? I don't get a lot of pms either. :) {{{{HUGS}}}}}

carole
10-20-2004, 08:26 PM
This is the only thing I have against these type of threads, because people do get left out and feel hurt, because we are all only human.

Teenster 3 please don't feel bad, I have been here nearly two years, its taken a while for me to find my niche as the saying goes.

I always try and respond to your threads, as I find them very interesting,and I know you have been through some tough times lately, and if even one kind word helps, then that is all that matters.

Hey I was never the most popular girl in school and I am sure I am not here either, but I have met some genuine , caring and lovely people and that is what PT is really all about, whether I feature on this thread or not is not important, but yes of course it feels nice to be appreciated.

So I want to tell you Teenster 3 you are very much APPRECIATED, I love your posts, admire your courage and what you have been through, you are a special person, who has a lot to offer PT, so consider yourself on my most admired list, I still have lots more people to add ya know.

Now cheer up and HUGS ok sweetie.

cali
10-20-2004, 08:40 PM
I garee with teenster, I have been her for nearly 2 years and I have never been mentioned on these types of threads, even on showdog.com when they have these thank kennel that helped threads, I have helped many kennels get where they are today, I gave a lot of the top kennels in my breeds their start, and mentorship, but never have any of these kennels made any mention of me, I believe I have only ever been mentioned on one board and that is a greyhound board and I dont even have a greyhound, nor do I even intend to get one lol

anyway I admire:
Twister
Binka nugget
orangatango
wolfsoul
T_M
BCblondie
CloverFDX
lkpk(? that how you spell it? lol)

and most other people lol

GraciesMommy
10-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Don't feel so bad, teenster. I didn't get "picked" either and I post daily many times (infact I keep PT up at home and at work) and feel like I have helped a few people and have never been pm'd...but thats ok...I am here because I love PT and its so much fun..I hope its not a popularity contest.

swimma253
10-20-2004, 08:47 PM

Aww...:( Please dont feel that way! You are greatly admired by everyone! I admire everyone on PT just because we all love our pets! :) I have never made it on an admired list either... and I started the thread! ;) Im sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. Please dont feel bad. :)

Carly

jazzcat
10-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm sorry your feeling got hurt Tina. I really like you and care about you and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings not mentioning you but I was just naming those who do animal rescue. I'd love to help animals like they do.

I don't ever get picked either but I don't really feel like I deserve it since I don't do rescue or anything.

Chin up sweetie and stay with us. You know that many of us here care about you and consider you a friend.

guster girl
10-20-2004, 11:54 PM

I was surprised to see myself even mentioned once! :) But, really, though, you can't allow things like this on a chat room to affect you. It's not worth it. I care about what people think about me to an extent in real life. I don't care two cents what people think about me in a chat room. But, yeah, someone's feelings are always hurt with threads like these. I don't understand why, but, it always happens. But, I know if you don't post a lot or do a lot of rescue or foster or post a lot of pictures, you tend to get overlooked. but, it's ok! Don't let it bother you. I know for me, I swear if I post on a thread, it's like an instant death stamp on that thread. Ha ha, it's like pulling teeth to get anyone to reply to me, but, it's like water off a duck's back. It means absolutely nothing if someone doesn't respond or have anything to say, it's not a reflection on the poster in any way, don't forget that! :) Anyway, I hope you don't really let this bother you for too long. Smiles are too few and far between these days! :) There's one for you!

and, check this out...you've only posted just over 450 times (not that's a small number, but, you're still pretty new!). i've posted over 2000 times and never get picked! ;) You just gotta try not to let irrelavant, unimportant things like that get to you....I can't claim to know you or say that I consider you a friend. But, I will say that I'm a good listener, if you just wanna vent via pm or whatever. And, I don't like to think of anyone being sad, so, again...SMILE!

BCBlondie
10-21-2004, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I'm surprised I was even mentioned too... Usually I don't get mentioned either. :( I know how it feels. I've been here for about a year now and still feel like I'm not really accepted sometimes... but I guess everyone, or most people, go through feelings like that here on PT... I guess it's because there are so many people here, and it can sometimes be hard to keep track of everyone, since there's always new people coming in! I don't know...

pitc9
10-21-2004, 10:00 AM
teenster3... I admire you for speaking your mind!!:D

This thread has been started a few times since I've been here on PT (a little over a year) and I've never posted anything in it before. But this time I had to let Aly know that I admire her because of her selflessness and her commitment to saving the lives of so many animals. Reason's like that are real reasons to admire people for. Not because someone PM's you 100 times a day, or other things like that.

guster girl
10-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
Yeah, I'm surprised I was even mentioned too... Usually I don't get mentioned either. :( I know how it feels. I've been here for about a year now and still feel like I'm not really accepted sometimes... but I guess everyone, or most people, go through feelings like that here on PT... I guess it's because there are so many people here, and it can sometimes be hard to keep track of everyone, since there's always new people coming in! I don't know...

I don't think you should consider it not being accepted! I don't think it's that at all.

Logan
10-21-2004, 11:23 AM
A reaction like Tina's is exactly why I don't usually respond to threads like this. Someone is bound to be hurt, though I truly don't think that anyone means to leave anyone out. I truly believe that the ones that are mentioned are the ones that people correspond with the most, not that they don't value the contributions of the other members!

I don't know how many members we have on Pet Talk right now, and I do know that only a small percentage truly participate, but I admire every single one of you who loves animals like I do! Yes, I'm closer with some than others, but they already know who they are, and don't need any special recognition in a thread like this to know that! If I made a list of every person who is special to me, it would take pages and pages and would include every single one of you whose posts I have read, supporting, laughing, crying, and celebrating each other's pets!!! :) That's what it's all about, folks! And if I need to name anyone, it would be Karen and Paul for making all of this possible to start with!!!! :D

Chins up, everyone!!! You are ALL very special to me!!!! :) Just insert your own name instead of "you are all".

Logan

PJ's Mom
10-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Logan
A reaction like Tina's is exactly why I don't usually respond to threads like this.

Me too. :)

Everyone here is special and admirable in their own way. :) It tends to be the young pups who start threads like this and with age, they'll see why they aren't always such a great idea. :D

micki76
10-21-2004, 11:57 AM
These threads always end up being a "who do you like the most" thread, instead of a "who do you admire thread". I hate these for that reason.

I have a lot of friends here on PT, and while they all have admirable qualities, there a few that I and stand in awe of.

They are the rescuers. You all know who you are, you fight for the rights of the silent ones, you take them into your homes, you volunteer in shelters and for rescues. You give your hard earned money so that one life can be spared, have medical attention, or food. You do whatever it takes to make a difference.

You are the ones I admire. You are the ones who deserve my admiration. :)

K9soul
10-21-2004, 12:18 PM
I think Micki has a point about how it can sometimes turn into the naming of friends, and I think it's natural to admire one's friends because we KNOW them better, or admire the people who's actions are more visible (like the rescue workers, and believe me I admire them too for that). I think though that everyone here has things to be admired for, but sometimes these things aren't as apparent or visible because we simply don't know them personally.

I'll take my Mom as an example, I look back and admire her so much, for how she was a single mom, working overtime and raising a child, fighting depression and financial difficulties. She worked long, hard, tiring hours yet every single night made a home cooked balanced meal and spent time talking with me about my day. She made incredible sacrifices so that I could have dogs, could be involved in band at school, could have new clothes instead of hand-me-downs when she could, and much much more. She could have just told me we couldn't afford it so that she would not have to work 12-hour days, but she didn't. What she did wasn't really visible to others, it wasn't even to me until I got older. I admire her as much for all of that now as I admire other people who make sacrifices for the good of others.

That's why I think threads like this can be harder because we only know what we can see, we don't see all the personal trials and tribulations and sacrifices and efforts that I'm sure all of us go through to different degrees. I think I can honestly say I truly admire each and everyone of you, for reasons both seen and unseen. I cherish each and every person's presence here, and relish the opportunity to be a part of a community who treasures animals and pets like I do, where we can share this wonderful love in all of our own unique ways. :)

gini
10-21-2004, 12:28 PM
I do agree with Logan about this type of thread. There are so many special people on Pet Talk and each is special for a different reason.

Some are just plain funny, some are amazing in doing rescue work, some are just extra special in the devotion they give to their animals. It would be almost impossible to list them all.

It is also difficult to respond and take the time to p/m everyone. There just aren't enough hours in the day and most of us have to work for a living.

It makes me feel terrible that someone would have their feelings hurt because they didn't see their name mentioned.

Every single one of us is special - otherwise we wouldn't be on this board and take the time to post as we do.

So, I say.............ALL OF YOU ARE SPECIAL!

molucass
10-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Don't worry Tina, I wouldn't make it on anyones lists either. :(

*Hugs*

Kfamr
10-21-2004, 01:29 PM
While the people I listed ARE my friends, they ARE the people I admire the most. Also, a majority of the people I listed are ones i've met and come very close to over the 4 years or so i've been here.

As I said in my post, I admire everyone here for SOME reason or another.

Being that we all love our animals - fur, featherd, scaled, etc.. and we've got the hearts to take care of them and love them, makes everyone admirable here.

carole
10-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Actually I feel more hurt when my kitties don't get mentioned, when there are threads about who is your favourite kitty or something along those lines, because everyone here thinks and knows there kitties are the best.!!:)

I have never been mentioned much before myself, and yeah to be honest I felt a little hurt, but like Guster Girl said you just have to take it with a grain of salt, you know who you are, just because you don't get recognition on PT, does not mean you have failed in anyway,it takes time to get to know people and for them to get to know you, and micki put it very well, I agree each and everyone of you are special in your own way, and we should all cherish those thoughts.

slick
10-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Well, I've been lurking at this thread for days and really wanted to express my opinion but was too "chicken". Thanks for speaking up Tina.

I HATE these threads and never respond, not because I'm never mentioned, but because it singles people out and others WILL get their feelings hurt. I've never been hurt over these types of threads. I know that I am special to some people here and they know they are special to me. No need to name names. Tina, I was glad to be able to be there for you when it mattered. I've turned off my PM's for personal reasons but please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you ever want to talk. Just make sure the subject line says "From Pet Talk____" so I know that it's not spam. That goes the same for anyone else on here.

Yes Gini, we are all special, now I suggest we all have a group hug and move on.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

micki76
10-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by slick
Yes Gini, we are all special, now I suggest we all have a group hug and move on.

http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage38/8.gif

Pam
10-21-2004, 07:42 PM
There are too many here that I admire to list and it grows each day. It would be easier to list those that I don't particularly care for.....maybe one or two. :p LOL! I think this is why PT is so addicting. It is comprised of a great group of pet loving, compassionate people from all over the world with great talent and wit which just makes it a fun place to come and hang out. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-21-2004, 08:13 PM
I don't get mentioned either, and it's not a big deal to me. No one take it personally, almost everyone has said that they admire everyone... don't take it so harsh. :) This is meant to be a nice thread. Remember; almost EVERYONE has said they admire everyone on this board... you included.

anna_66
10-21-2004, 08:34 PM
I have to say I admire each and every one of you. There are some that I know much better than others but I think it's everyone here that makes PT such a wonderful place! Without all the different input it wouldn't be nearly as fun of a place as it is.

Now, I would like to thank you all that mentioned my name...I was very surprised to see that anyone admired me:p

Your all special in your own way:D

Cincy'sMom
10-21-2004, 08:41 PM
I think there are a few PT members I can say I admire without hurting anyone's feelings...

4 Dog Mother and fivedogdad- Couldn't ask for better parents! You guys have been through alot in the past could years, but you still do whatver you can for your kids..both the human and 4 legged ones :)

Dakota'sMommy- Could ask for a better sis! Being alone during your entire pregnacny and for montsh 2-4 after Jasmine was born couldn't have been easy, esp with the 3 dogs. To all those who say you can't have dogs and babies, you have have said Watch me!!

Sadie'sDad- The one who has to put up with me everyday ( and even cleans up after me and the dogs when we track mud all over the house!)

flamepony12
10-21-2004, 08:45 PM

it's okay, I'm not on anyone's list either.

DogLover9501
10-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
I was very surprised to see that anyone admired me:p

Why would you be surprised? :p :D

Also, Im only on one list(and that made my day :D), but before I knew I was on one, I didn't think anything of it. There are alot of people who take it more personaly, however.

rg_girlca
10-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by slick

I HATE these threads and never respond, not because I'm never mentioned, but because it singles people out and others WILL get their feelings hurt. I've never been hurt over these types of threads. I know that I am special to some people here and they know they are special to me. No need to name names.

VERY well said Slick. My thoughts exactly. :)

slleipnir
10-21-2004, 09:33 PM
I don't like this type of thing either to be honest....If I get mentioned it's by like one person and that's only cause I've known them/are good friends.

Internet is hard, in a lot of cases you don't truely know the person...I believe it's very hard to 'truely' know a person unless you've met them..unfortunatly I haven't met anyone from PT yet...but I REALLY am hoping to get to flordia sometime with Zeke and visit Kay. Kay is probably one of my closest friends here and I talk to her the most and stuff.

The people I mentioned are only because they've REALLY touched me...like Sandra has supported me since day 1. She's always checked in on me and I feel like I know her really good...she's so kind. Johanna has ALWAYS been there for me. She helps me when I'm down in the gutter and always makes me smile. I owe her so much. And like I said, Kay is a good friend who I really hope I get to meet sometime...Valerie is a major sweetheart. Especially for something she did for me the other day that really brought light into my day after a really hard time. She's always shown interest in my drawings and saying things to cheer me up.

Honestly, I feel most people really wouldn't notice if I never came back here. They don't give me the time of day..and especially cat general ppl never seem to look at my posts. Maybe I can see why they hate me, but they don't know me and that's what irratates me.

If the people I mentioned hadn't been such an impact on my life I wouldn't have posted either. I know people won't post about me cause no one talks to me, no one knows me. I don't have friends in real life, andnow I can barely make friends online. It's just the ora I give off I guess.

Anyway....I suppose it really wouldn't hurt to not have these types of things at all..people always get hurt...or left out. I wish I could name everyone, you're all special and unique and admirable...but unfortunatly I just don't personally know a lot of you...

flamepony12
10-21-2004, 09:38 PM
you are right, and what slick said is one of the reasons I don't like these threads either, it singles people out, and I'm never mentioned either.

slick
10-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by micki76
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage38/8.gif
{{{HUGS}}} back to you Micki and everyone else on Pet Talk. :) :)

Aspen and Misty
10-21-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Ashley

Mkitty
10-22-2004, 12:17 AM
I don't try and single anyone out. I just wrote down people I know I just came here early this year, so please don't feel bad if you weren't on my list. I put down people I know and have on my buddy list. I would love to get to know everyone on petoftheday, and I'm trying to get there! I'll be adding new friends to my list too! p.s. flamepony12 I put you on my list!

carole
10-22-2004, 06:00 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with a positive thread, telling people you admire them, but the downside is that people do get hurt feelings, I have been there,done that, but I just had to tell myself this is the internet, no-one here really knows us, and if we feel good about ourselves, this would not really bother us.,I am talking personally here, if my own self esteem were better, I would not let something like not being mentioned upset me.

I no longer let that happen, and yes even though some kind souls did mention me this time around, not much in the past, and I am not going to lie, it did make my day and make me feel good.

It brought a lot of joy into my heart to read, is that so bad really?

Just trying to put a different perspective on it all,and remember a lot of people have said they admire every single one of you, so no-one has been left out really.:)

davidpizzica
10-22-2004, 06:56 PM
At the top of my list is Moosmom, whom I love, literally, Carole, What can I say? You're like a sister to me,and I feel free to tell you personal things without embarrasment, Willie, when I first came on PT, guided me around the rough spots,and anotrher person I can talk freely with, Slick, there have been some rough spots between us, but you are one beautiful and funny girl! There are a lot more, both people I know and those I don't know so well, because every one here is a pet lover and that makes you ALL special!!

swimma253
10-22-2004, 08:28 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with a positive thread, telling people you admire them, but the downside is that people do get hurt feelings, I have been there,done that, but I just had to tell myself this is the internet, no-one here really knows us, and if we feel good about ourselves, this would not really bother us.,I am talking personally here, if my own self esteem were better, I would not let something like not being mentioned upset me.

I no longer let that happen, and yes even though some kind souls did mention me this time around, not much in the past, and I am not going to lie, it did make my day and make me feel good.

It brought a lot of joy into my heart to read, is that so bad really?

Just trying to put a different perspective on it all,and remember a lot of people have said they admire every single one of you, so no-one has been left out really.:)

Thats exactly why I made this thread. :) To make people feel good. I know that when someone compliments me on even the littlest thing, I am happy all day. :) Im sorry if anyone feels left out or hurt, this was just meant to be a positive thread. :)

carole
10-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Now don't you go feeling bad for starting the thread, you mean't well.

To David, I can be the baby sister you haven't got and you can be the big brother I have always wanted lol.:) :D :cool:

davidpizzica
10-22-2004, 11:16 PM
Now don't you go feeling bad for starting the thread, you mean't well.

To David, I can be the baby sister you haven't got and you can be the big brother I have always wanted lol.:) :D :cool: Carole, you are now an official member of the Pizzica family pronounced (PIZ - e -cah)

carole
10-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Thank you ,I am honoured, and blessed all in one.:)

Katiesmom
10-22-2004, 11:48 PM
I haven't been mentioned but I never am I guess because I'm a little shy and don't have much to say and the fact that I haven't made any friends yet been here almost a year now boy I'm pathetic but I am on PT everyday all day reading post and looking at pics and I didn't say this to get pitty either I said it because even tho I'm not mentioned I still admire you all for finding a friendship through your pets and to have someone to talk to when times get rough you guys are the greatest when it comes to people who need you...I feel the Power of PT without even being noticed most of the time:D

BCBlondie
10-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Katiesmom
I haven't been mentioned but I never am I guess because I'm a little shy and don't have much to say and the fact that I haven't made any friends yet been here almost a year now boy I'm pathetic but I am on PT everyday all day reading post and looking at pics and I didn't say this to get pitty either I said it because even tho I'm not mentioned I still admire you all for finding a friendship through your pets and to have someone to talk to when times get rough you guys are the greatest when it comes to people who need you...I feel the Power of PT without even being noticed most of the time:D
Hey, I've been wondering where ya been!! :D
Do you ever go on MSN anymore?
Don't be shy! :) You should post more... maybe new pics of Katie too? ;) :D

Kfamr
10-23-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Katiesmom

Well, i've never really spoken to you or read many of your posts, but the recent one I have read is very admirable. :)

Katiesmom
10-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Thank you Kay, that really means alot:) but you know I really haven't posted much I guess because the times that I have no one really showed any interest in them which is fine because I love this place and no matter what I'm not leaving:p but I do love reading your post and seeing your pics..very interesting.

Di, thank you too and yea I am on MSN still, I know I don't need to be shy but thats my nature in person too shy and don't talk much unless I really know ya but how you gonna get to know someone if you don't talk, right? well thats something I am going to work on:D

carole
10-24-2004, 01:17 PM
katiesmom, I am really shy in real life too, but look at me on PT, you would never know it, bold as could be, that is why I am so happy here, because the real me can come out, from underneath its covers, I am the person I long to be, I am still the same person, just too shy in real life to express myself the way I do here.
I am so pleased you want to stay with us, because I would miss our posts, I am sorry you feel a lack of response to your threads, sometimes its like that, but please post more, I for one will be looking out for them ok, take care and hugs.

PS katiesmom, sometimes my posts aren't that interesting, I just post on things going on in my life, like my mother getting her eternity ring after 50 yrs of marriage, now that is not really that interesting, but I just have to share the things going on in my life, trivial as they may be, so come on I challenge you to POST MORE ok.;)

Katiesmom
10-25-2004, 09:37 AM
LOL, Carole! I suppose I am on my way I think the past week I have responded to more post than I have the whole time I have been here. So yea I will take you up on the challenge if I get slack remind me. I couldn't leave this place if I tried. Its just too great here:p

carole
10-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Great stuff Katiesmom, you betcha I will remind you if you slack on the challenge, looking forward to all those posts you are going to be doing, you will be a busy girl.:) ;) :D