PDA

View Full Version : My dad

luckies4me
10-17-2004, 01:38 AM
I know I haven't been here for awhile but I know first hand that Pet Talk prayers work, and I really need some right now. I don't want to write a long thing again so I will just copy and paste. Thank you for reading.

My dad

He needs prayers. He is scheduled for surgery to amputate his legs tomorrow morning at 9 am. They will start his anesthesia around 8. PLEASE I don't care if you don't even know me, but if you can please just pray for him to make it through surgery I would really really really appreciate it. I love him so much. My dad means everything to me. He is truly the best dad anyone could hope for. There is a big chance he will not make it through surgery and if that happens I just don't know what I will do. He really needs prayers, please. He needs to stay alive. He has only seen my son one, and that was when my son was four months old. My son needs to see his grandpa. I need to see my dad. I am NOT ready to say goodbye right now. He is in such poor health. He has had gang green for the longest time. It started as some sores and it's been there for five years now. Dan, you know when you saw him in the hospital. You were with me. :( They tried everything for his legs. Stints, antibiotics, oxygen chambers...nothing worked. He also has a bad heart and lungs. I just really need prayers for him. I can't be there with him and it kills me. My brother is supposed to call me later tonight. If anyone can leave him a message too here, just that you are thinking about him I would like to give it to him. I know I don't know many of you on my friends list for real, but the ones that do know me know how much I love my dad. :( Thank you.

binka_nugget
10-17-2004, 02:41 AM
I said a prayer. Cass, I hope he makes it out safely and recovers well.

Please keep us updated. :)

KYS
10-17-2004, 05:07 AM
Many prayers are being sent your way for your dad.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Cass, you and your dad are both in my prayers. Take care of yourself, okay?

moosmom
10-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Cass,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. You KNOW you've got prayers coming from Michigan, honey. Hang in there and keep us posted. Give your Dad my best. He's certainly been through alot (so have you!!).

((((hugs))))

Donna

Aspen and Misty
10-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Prayers on the way.

Please keep us posted :(

Ash

petslover
10-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Alot of prayers sent your way. God Bless!

Corinna
10-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Cass, Prayers being sent to you from Montana. I have had to go through this it will be ok. My FIL lost one leg due to his diabetes and my mom lost a toe.

Amber
10-17-2004, 11:43 AM
I'll be praying hard for your dad, and sending positive thoughts to him. :(

Please keep us updated. (((Hugs!)))

ChrisH
10-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Cass, prayers for your dad are on the way.

Chris

Karen
10-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Prayers are on their way.

flamepony12
10-17-2004, 12:39 PM
You and your dad will be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Dogz
10-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Cass, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Many prayers coming your way. Please keep us updated.

AmberLee
10-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Prayers ongoing for your dad.

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-17-2004, 01:50 PM
I am SO sorry!! I will keep your dad in my prayers and I hope he recovers okay! God bless! :(

momoffuzzyfaces
10-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Prayers on the way for your Dad, you, and your brother!

luckies4me
10-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Thank you everyone!!!! While I am sad this is happening in a way I am relieved. This has gone on for far too long and the doctors just kept prolonging it. He had gang green, which is why they finally decided to do it. I am so glad it's being done but so scared at the same time because his overall health is pretty bad. I am going to call the doctor at around 12 which is when the nurse said she could give me an update on how the surgery is going. My brother drove up with his friend to be with him. I'll be going to california at the end of the month to see how he is doing as I have the chance to get a free ride and I can't pass it up!!! What sucks is that I didn't even know this was happening. I was eating dinner last night and decided to call my brother to tell him I would be heading down to california at the end of the month, and he told me dad was in the hospital to get his legs removed. So I called my dad at the hospital and just started crying. I had to get my dinner to go. :( I don't think they will be taking both the nurse said, as it's easier to train for a prostetic (sp?) that way, and then once his leg is used to it they can remove the other one. Anyone have any experience with prostetics? With the surgery itself?

Well two more minutes and I can call and get an update. I am kind of scared to call......Corrina, I would like to talk to you more about your fathers surgery if you don't mind? If not, can you send me a PM? So I guess I will be back in a little while to give an update. I just can't believe it's finally happening! So I'm kind of scared, mad and happy at the same time. I just don't want him to be in pain. I will have to ask about that.

Thanks again!!!!!!!

luckies4me
10-17-2004, 02:28 PM
ok well I am on the phone waiting. Grr. This place is driving me crazy. His surgery is done and the nurse said he should be up in his room around 1:15 or so. They are just trying to get his pain under control because he is in a lot of pain. :( I was supposed to be transferred to my brother in the waiting room but I don't know what happened. I had to call back twice. :( urrgh I just want to know what's going on. Ok it's ringing. I keep getting transferred, and yep, yet again! Geez. I am trying to get ahold of my brother in the waiting room so I can see what the heck is going on. Anyways, so the surgery is done. The one nurse said it went well but that he is having a lot of pain. But at least he didn't die! I was so scared. Now I am just relieved and a little concerned. I think he can do this. :) He has always been so strong. I just hope he can be even stronger still. Ok being transferred again. You would think they would have this down you know? Ack the lady is dailing in my ear. ok well I guess I am going to take a shower and call back later because my brother isn't in the waiting room. Stupid people! :rolleyes:

puppyluvs
10-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Prayers coming your way from Virginia :)

carole
10-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Cass sweetie, I am so sorry you and your family are going through this right now, but very relieved to hear your'e Dad made it through the surgery.

Sending you a BIG HUG and lots of positive vibes and get well wishes for your Dad to make a complete recovery, I sure hope his pain eases up as well, poor guy this is a major to go through for him, I can only imagine it!

Take care, and know that we are all thinking of you and your Dad, and hoping for a good outcome.:)

luckies4me
10-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Well I called my brothers cell phone so I at least got the OK from him, so that's good. I just got home a little bit ago so after I eat I'll go ahead and give my dad a call. I went to Zany Zoo today and got a little pet. hehe That has made me feel so much better. Right now he is in the sleeve of my hoodie snuggled up beside my armpit LOL! :D

GraciesMommy
10-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Prayers being said for your dad and for you right now. I pray that it all goes well and that you will be able to see your dad soon and he will be in good health!
~hugs

Jods
10-17-2004, 10:56 PM
prayers sent thay everything will go okay...

kt_luvs_kitties
10-18-2004, 01:27 AM
I am and will be praying for you and your father. I hope everything goes well, and that your dad recovers fully and happily. God bless you and your family. Also tell your brother that we are ALL praying for your father. PT prayers can accomplish miracles. May the Lord watch over you all at this difficult time. *HUGS*:(

pitc9
10-18-2004, 08:18 AM
Prayers for you and your family!!

Laura's Babies
10-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Warm Southern Prayers for you and your Dad from Louisiana! Dad's are such special people and we love them so!! ((((CASS)))))

Please keep us posted!

ramanth
10-18-2004, 08:57 AM
prayers sent.

luckies4me
10-19-2004, 05:33 AM
I talked to the nurse today and currently my dad is sleeping. His pain is pretty bad so they gave him a sleeping pill so he can rest a bit. The nurse took my number down so she should be having the surgeon call me sometime tomorrow. But the surgery did go well. Now we're just hoping for a good recovery. Thanks everyone for the prayers!

davidpizzica
10-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Cass, here are a lot of Pittsburgh prayers coming your way. Both for your fathers recovery, and for you to be strong in this very difficult time. Here's {{{{HUGS}}}} for the both of you!

luckies4me
10-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Well I didn't get to talk to the surgeon but I did talk to his doctor that's taking care of him right now. They said he is in a lot of pain and currently having some "mental pain" as well. :( They have him drugged. He's on a bunch of pain meds so they are monitoring his heart and lungs. I still have yet to talk to him because he is so drugged. The doctor said his therapy can begin anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, depending on how his feels both mentally and physically. The good news is I am going down to California with a friend shortly and I can visit him and help with his recovery. I can't wait to see him. I just hope he finds the strength to pull through this. I'm worries about his heart. :(

carole
10-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Cass this would be hard mentally for anyone to cope with , loosing two legs, its a big emotional roller coaster for him, and he is going to have many challenges ahead, you are a very caring and loving daughter, and being there for him in spirit if not in person will indeed help his recovery, just knowing how much you care for and love him.

I am happy to hear you will beable to go to California and spend time with him, that will cheer him up for sure.

It's going to be a long tough road ahead for your dad and those who love him, I hope you all can gather the strength needed to get him through this.

Mkitty
10-19-2004, 11:49 PM
Sorry I'm late but prayers are definitely coming your way!! It will be all right.

doggylovr6
10-20-2004, 09:35 PM
your dad is in my prayers. i hope he pulls throo this