PDA

View Full Version : Megan's home!!!! :)

BCBlondie
10-16-2004, 02:53 PM
I brought her home this morning. The vet gave me another week's worth of Baytril, to treat Megan's UTI. She also gave me an entire case of c/d. She's going to special order another type of food to see if it's better for Megan. She also gave me some pain meds for her.
The total has come to approximately $1,400. :eek: Eek!! :(
Megan's getting her sutures removed in two weeks, and in about a month she's going to go back to get another urinalysis done, possibly another x-ray... and we'll have to do that for a while in the future, to make sure that the crystals aren't forming into stones again.
*sighs*
They removed all the stones successfully. They're sending them off to a lab in Minnesota, to make sure they're struvite stones, but they let me keep one haha.

I took a few pictures of my girl. Right now she's resting on my bed. Everyone at the clinic loved her, saying she was so sweet and that she's a really pretty girl. :) One of the techs wanted to take her home!! :eek: LOL! (Of course, that's never going to happen.. :p Megan and I are inseperable ^_^)

Onto the pics...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/BCBlondie/DSC00189.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/BCBlondie/DSC00190.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/BCBlondie/sutures.jpg
Her boo-boo :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/BCBlondie/DSC00196.jpg
The stone I got to keep.

aly
10-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Aw, sweet Megan! Your mommy was so worried about you! I am so glad you're home safe and sound and the surgery is over, YAY!

Di, as you know, my little Cindy had surgery yesterday too so our girls are recovering together. Looks like Megan is as glad to be home as Cindy was, hehe.

Basset Mom
10-16-2004, 03:13 PM
She is beautiful, I bet your glad she is home. Hope she has no future problems. Megan have a speedy recovery and rest.

binka_nugget
10-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Wow! That stone looks pretty big to have been in such a small dog.

Get well soon Megan!

dappledoxie
10-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Wow! That is pretty big and considering that's only one of them. She looks so exahusted, poor thing. Sending hugs her way, I hope she recovers quickly. You did a great thing for her Diana, I hope the vet will work with you guys on paymetns and so on.

micki76
10-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Wow! That thing's huge for her little bladder! Were the other ones that large?!? :eek: Poor Megan. :(

I hope she makes a speedy recovery! Kisses to you Miss Megan!

BCBlondie
10-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Wow! That thing's huge for her little bladder! Were the other ones that large?!? :eek: Poor Megan. :(
She had about 9 stones... about 4 or so were the size of that one, and then she had a few smaller ones. :(

The stones she had the first time were much bigger, but she only had three of them.

My poor baby. :( I hope the food will help prevent it from happening again.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Poor Megan. Feel better soon sweetie.

$1400, wow. My moms yorkie had 6 (if I remember right) stones removed a couple (2 or 3) years ago and it cost $800, and that was with the more expensive of the 2 vets in town. My mom got to take a few stones home too, and my sister didn't understand why he had eaten stones. :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
10-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Awww, sweet baby girl! What an experience. I'll bet you're so happy to be home with your mom; almost as happy as she is to have you home;) That's quite a stone! Poor pup. But thankfully all went well and hopefully soon, you'll be as good as new! Snuggle tight with your mommy, Megan. You're precious:) Lots of positive thoughts coming your way, precious girl. Please give her a hug for me:) Sandra

bckrazy
10-16-2004, 05:28 PM
aww, Megan!! *hugs* you poor girl, and your poor parents too. Me and Gonzo send LOTS of love and we're praying you never have to deal with those icky rocks again...^_^ feel better, sweetie!

Chica
10-16-2004, 05:38 PM
HI, I AM VERY GLAD THAT YOU ARE HOME! I HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER VERY SOON!:)
LOL FROM CHICA ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/pinksweater-1.jpg
I AM THINKING OF YOU, GET WELL!

Cincy'sMom
10-16-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm sorry I missed the early thread about what you and poor Megan havebeen going through. I just went and read it...poor girl!! I'm glad she is home and doing better now!!

I've been afraid we are headed down that same road with Cincy. She had minerals in her urine about a month ago, and a check up two weeks ago revealed the minerals were gone (diet change to Sceince Diet Lite), but she was still fighting an infection. We take in another sample Tuesday.

I hope the new food willhelp Megan so she won't have to go through this again!!

AmberLee
10-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Whew! So glad the op was a success and that she's safely home. Fingers and paws crossed here that the new diet will keep this from reoccuring.

Rest well, sweet Megan and heal up fast. Your Mommy was very worried about you.

Sounds like she was a real hit with the vet's office. {{{hugs}}}

primabella
10-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Wow that is one big stone. Poor Megs. :( I am really happy to hear that she is back home with her mommy!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Poor Megan, that stone is HUGE for such a small dog! I am so glad she's OK, I hope she never has to go through that again.

robinh
10-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Poor baby!! That stone is huge! I know you're glad to have her home and I'll bet she's even happier to be there.

BTW she's beautiful!

wolf_Q
10-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Poor girl! I'm glad she's home now...hope she will be feeling better soon!

Holly's mom
10-16-2004, 09:44 PM
Poor baby!:( I'm glad she's home now recovering, hope she feels better soon and that the special diet will prevent that from happening again. {{Hugs}} to you Megan and to your mommy, she was so worried about you!!

BCBlondie
10-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Thank you so much again, everyone!

Megan sends thank-you licks too. ^_^

We both really appreciate your prayers and thoughts. :)

LorraineO
10-17-2004, 05:47 AM
gald to see your baby is home!!!

shais_mom
10-31-2004, 12:24 AM
once again I am sorry I came into this late!
I am FLABBERGASTED at the size of that stone! holy cow!
I hope she is doing well now!

EssTer
10-31-2004, 05:17 AM
I´m really glad that Megan is home now :)
Oh, and that stoen looks big...

anna_66
10-31-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
She had about 9 stones... about 4 or so were the size of that one, and then she had a few smaller ones. :(

The stones she had the first time were much bigger, but she only had three of them.

My poor baby. :( I hope the food will help prevent it from happening again.
Oh my...look at the size of that stone and you say she had 4 that size and 9 overall? Poor girl:(

I hope now that all of this is over she will be doing much better and never get any more of those nasty stones again!

Hugs to you Megan(((HUGS)))

tatsxxx11
10-31-2004, 12:27 PM
Poor baby!!! That was some BIG stone! So glad you're home little Megan! Your mom sure was worried about you, and all of us as well. I hope your recovery is quick sweetheart. Hugs to you little Metgan; you're so precious:)