PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find this toy?

jazzcat
10-16-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm trying to find this ribbon wand toy made by Whiskas but it came from Germany and I can't find it in the US. Has anyone seen it before or know where I can get it?

Here's a couple of pictures of the toy in the package. It's a gray plastic handle/wand with a very long velvet like ribbon attached.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/whiskawand2.jpg

Here is a close up. I don't know what specific name of it is.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/whiskawand1.jpg

Thanks for any help. I got this from Bisi.cat (from Germany) in a little gift swap she and I did this winter and it's wearing out now. All my cats love it so I'd love to get a couple more.

catfamily
10-16-2004, 01:55 PM
I will look out for that toy for you.I'll show Mike because he's always out looking for more toys for the cats.:D
Did you look on Whiska's website?

jazzcat
10-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Yes, I didn't see it on their website but I may have just not looked in the right place.

Thanks, if you find it let me know and I'll send you the money for it and shipping if that's okay.

aly
10-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Geesh, I just looked all over the internet and couldn't find it. When my bf gets back, I'll have him see if he can find it. He's good at searching for things.

jazzcat
10-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Thanks Aly!
I'm afraid it is only sold over seas since it came from Germany and I've never seen it around here.

sirrahbed
10-16-2004, 04:24 PM
I searched and searched too Lori - usually I can find anything:rolleyes: - or so I thought:D Now you have ME wanting one too! O wonder if you could (in the interim) replace the ribbon with some from the fabric store??

jazzcat
10-16-2004, 04:30 PM
I thought about that Debbie and may have to resort to that. If I can't find it in the states I will try to to get a hold of Bisi.cat and see if she will send more for several of us. It's the big guy's favorite toy and now R&R have discovered it and they are death to most toys. Rumor has broken anything with a string in two so I'm tryng to keep the ribbon wand away from her.

Vermontcat
10-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Since you haven't had any luck finding it so far, maybe you should PM Barbara and see if she can find it in Germany for you.
I'm sure she wouldn't mind looking at cat toys for you.;)

jazzcat
10-18-2004, 11:43 AM
I just called Whiskas and they told me it is not sold in the US.:( She did offer to send me some complimentary coupons for treats.

I'm going to try to reach bisi.cat and if I can't I may be begging Barbara or Kirsten for help.:D

DJFyrewolf36
10-18-2004, 12:31 PM
If you can take some pictures of it, I am sure I can make something similar. Im an expert at making indestructable cat toys! (Remus is a terror on toys, so I usually end up reenforcing the ones I buy lol)

jazzcat
10-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
If you can take some pictures of it, I am sure I can make something similar. Im an expert at making indestructable cat toys! (Remus is a terror on toys, so I usually end up reenforcing the ones I buy lol)
Thanks! I'll see if I can get some pics of it. The poor ribbon is totally stretched out so it no longer looks like it did in the package.

DJFyrewolf36
10-18-2004, 01:24 PM
:) Glad to help.