PDA

View Full Version : Vent! And Please Please Help!!!!!

MariaM
10-16-2004, 12:43 PM
ARGH:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I AM SO FLIPPIN MAD!!!!!!

Let me start with this.

We have a big card for our digital camera, it can hold around 400 pictures. I had it full up during the summer. I wanted to burn the pictures so that I could delete them from the camera and not have to worry about my computer crashing. WELL.....my brother said he would do it if I got all the ones I wanted on the thing...so he did. Then I checked in the other comptuer to see if it worked..and it didn't. Obviously, you needed Nero to see them. (Nero was the program used for burning the pictures). So......Thomas tried again, changing the options. I tried, and it worked! They came up! So I said.."Thomas, DO NOT TOUCH THIS CD!" and I put it into a box near the computer. Next thing I know, its gone! And it was a rewritable disk! So he took off ALL THE PICTURES! Then he burned something else on it......AFTER I TOLD HIM NOT TO TOUCH IT! So then he goes off to university and I am stuck with a cd that has all my pictures but it will NOT show them. And, the camera, with most of them on it. Well, ok, so I figure I can't delete anything from the camera, that's my only safe place.

And what do you know? I *ACCIDENTALY* DELETE THEM!

Ok, so, what I have to do is get Nero on here, and open up the cd with it, so I can see the pictures!!!! I DID THAT.......AND IT WILL NOT SHOW THE ******* PICTURES!:mad: :mad:

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! I know that the pictures are ON the cd. I just don't know what type of format they are in. Nothing I've tried could open them. But they're on there...so isn't there SOME way I could see them?:(

MariaM
10-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Oh, and does ANYBODY have a serial number I could use for Nero? I just downloaded the trial version.

MariaM
10-16-2004, 01:05 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHHKDFJLS G:N ILDFJKLGFL:KIOSDG TRJK IOFJHGLO: GISJ

JHDKLF SI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JLKFDJ HFOISJU SF:GLKFESROPEIDRFSE:OJD:

http://www.1-2-3-gaestebuch.de/smilies/072.gif http://www.1-2-3-gaestebuch.de/smilies/092.gif http://www.1-2-3-gaestebuch.de/smilies/168.gif

Ok...I thought I finally found it......RESTORE DATA FROM CD!!!!!

So, I went there.....and I found the file. I clicked on one of the pictures. It said "This file is compressed and may be restored by double clicking on it in Windows Explorer"

Like I hadn't already tried that?:rolleyes: Anyway, I went to Windows Explorer and double clicked......and it said There was no folder for it....so It said..Make one? So I TRIED TO! THEN IT FROZE! So I restarted my computer and tried again......FROZE!

Did that again.....FROZE!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!! FLJDSLFKJDSLFJDSLKFJLDS

aly
10-16-2004, 01:06 PM
What is the extension of the pictures on the CD?

MariaM
10-16-2004, 01:19 PM
I am not sure of what you mean but does this help at all?:confused:

aly
10-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Could you possibly attach one in an email to me? ( [email protected] ) I have Nero and I can check to see if it opens for me.

Have you tried going into your picture viewing program and trying to open the file from there?

aly
10-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Have you tried to copy some off the CD and save to your hard drive? You might be able to open it easier from there.

MariaM
10-16-2004, 03:48 PM
When I go into my picture viewing program (ACDSee) nothing shows up.

I'll try saving them onto my hard drive though my guess is that it will freeze.

I'll also see if I can email you one or two.

MariaM
10-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Ok, I put it into a folder, tried to view it and it came up as nothing. Just a blank black screen.

I tried double clicking again, and instead of freezing, it also went to the ACDSee program with a blank/black screen.

kingrattus
10-16-2004, 09:13 PM
I know whats wrong.

It has NOTHING to do with Nero.

Your son did not close the CD when he was burning it. So only a cd burner rom can open the cd properly.

I learned this the hard way aswell. So u'll have to find someone with a cd burner & get them to copy the pics onto their computer & then reburn the pics to a new cd & make sure they CLOSE the cd.

CLOSE is an option when burning. Its so other roms can read it & so u cannot burn anymore stuff onto the cd.

MariaM
10-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Oh really?!? :eek:

We have a burner on this computer as well so if I can copy everything into a new folder, then burn it, do you think it will show?!?!

kingrattus
10-16-2004, 10:30 PM
u should be able to see all ur pics from thecd if u use the burner.

So put the cd in the burner & try to open a pic right off the cd. If not, let me know