PDA

View Full Version : Goldie update

Glacier
10-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Dr. Kim just called. Goldie has a very large absess under her front leg. She is a great deal of pain. She wouldn't even let Kim get really good look at the wound. So he's going to put her under this afternoon. He says she just hurts too much for him to try and clean the wound while she's awake. She'll need to have a drain put it and will have to have some major antibiotics.

She needs some bloodwork too to measure her liver function. She's on a long term prescription of Meloxicam for an old injury. (long before I got her. we think she was run over when she was a stray and never received treatment). But he can't do that today. She hasn't been eating or taking the pills regularly for the past couple days. She gets her pill hidden in her food and since she's not eating she hasn't had her pill. I've tried unsuccessfully to get it in to her some other way, but she's a tough little cookie to medicate! So she'll have to go back for that in a couple weeks.

The good news is the infection hasn't spread into her bone and seems to be confined to the one pocket.

I will be setting up the doggy hospital again in the computer room. Goldie doesn't get along with Preacher and they will both need to be in the house for the next 10 days. So Goldie will get her own room so she can recover in peace.

robinh
10-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Poor Goldie!:( I'm glad it hasn't spread to the bone.

Prayers for her speedy recovery and hugs to you for doing such a good job taking care of your puppers.

tatsxxx11
10-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Oh dear! Poor Goldie! Thank goodness the infection is confined to the pocket. But I'm sorry she has to go under anesthesia:( Please keep us updated on the surgery and her progress. I'm sure she won't mind a day or two or more in the "doggy hospital" with her fabulous Mom!;) Prayers on the way for Goldie's swift and complete recovery!

LorraineO
10-15-2004, 05:40 PM
oh,, poor baby,,,,, sounds nasty..... but youre a good mommy,, he will pull thru just great,, I have no doubt!!!