PDA

View Full Version : An odd question but...

PJ's Mom
10-15-2004, 02:15 PM
...do you let your dogs eat off your spoon/fork?

I've heard that most people think this is gross, but I do it. Peej especially is very careful not to put his lips on my fork. He takes the food with only his little front teeth, so I don't have to worry about doggie spit. :D

Bailey is usually pretty good about not spitting too, but she drools a lot more than Peej when it comes to people food, so I usually don't let her eat off my fork.

Ok, am I strange for doing this?

:o :eek:

Jamieejo85
10-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Lol, no you are not strange. The only time I let Omar do that is when I am done eating and I will let him lick my spoon or fork once in a great while:)
~Jamie

FizzGiggs_Mommy
10-15-2004, 02:19 PM
I let all of my boys eat of of Forks and Spoons....I do bring a extra set to the table for them to use. Max is very good at it but Tobi and Fizzy don't have the hang of it quite yet.

Jods
10-15-2004, 02:29 PM
I let my babies as well... LOL:D

cali
10-15-2004, 02:30 PM
I do it all the time :p I have let my dogs lick off my plate, then shortly after I put more food on the same plate :eek:

snappy
10-15-2004, 02:36 PM
I don't usually because I don't/can't give my boys human food. (food allergies) But on the occasion that I do - I do. I don't eat after them - but then I don't eat after anyone has used my fork or spoon - guess you could say it is my own phobia. :)

My father used to get all of my desserts by licking his fork/spoon and placing it ON my food.....
:D

Amber
10-15-2004, 02:51 PM
yes, lol

micki76
10-15-2004, 02:53 PM
When we used to give people food, I did this all the time. Completely grossed my husband out for a long time, but he eventually got over it. :D

I also hold treats between my lips and Chester takes them! :D His little whiskers feel so sweet.

lute
10-15-2004, 03:01 PM
LOL! Beanie eats off my fork too. he prefers it prechewed so he can eat it right out of my mouth............................................. joke.

no that's not wierd at all!:D

GraciesMommy
10-15-2004, 03:01 PM
I do...I ate a bowl of ice cream the other night and I took a bite and Gracie took a bite..of course her bites were itsy bitsy..and my husband thought I was nuts..but he will put her treats in his teeth and let her get them..what is the difference? lol..and one day she was licking him in the face so much that he told her he was going to show her what it felt like and licked her back..lol..

Doesn't bother me one bit to share with Gracie..but I wouldn't with any one else's..lol..thats kinda like drinking after my own kids but I dont want another kids spit..lol
;)

Tonya
10-15-2004, 03:06 PM
I don't. I don't give them people food much because I don't want to start the habit of begging. When I do, it is normally my whole plate after I am finished.

PJ's Mom
10-15-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. :p

LorraineO
10-15-2004, 05:38 PM
I ALWAYS feed my babies with my fork,,, after I am done tho,,, :D :D :D

Pam
10-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by FizzGiggs_Mommy
I let all of my boys eat of of Forks and Spoons....I do bring a extra set to the table for them to use. Max is very good at it but Tobi and Fizzy don't have the hang of it quite yet.

LOL! It almost sounds like they are using the utensils themselves. Can they cut their meat yet? LOL!

I give Bella and Ripley my cereal bowl in the morning to lap up about 3/4 cup of milk that I leave for them. Don't worry, I don't use sugar in my cereal. :) They don't usually get much table food except maybe pizza crusts, but that's after the meal has ended, so they don't get to eat off my fork. I am a meany. :p

LKPike
10-15-2004, 05:57 PM
lol I would have allowed my last dogs to eat off my plate and stuff... if they hadn't been kitty poo eaters. :rolleyes: :p

senorita02
10-15-2004, 07:21 PM
I will let my babies eat off my spoon or fork before i would let a human, including my boyfriend, i just think sharing with humans is gross but with my babies is ok ( but only once in a while because i really dont feed them people food that much) .

bckrazy
10-15-2004, 08:40 PM
lmao! this is a funny thread ^__~. I usually dont do the fork/spoon thing.. I dont want him to beg (because he used to be a huge beggar and it got really annoying to everyone), so we never feed him while we are eating, but I put some meat and vegetable scraps in his bowl. I do let him lick my popsicles :p everyone says its gross, but he does have really good breath and his mouth is probably cleaner than most people, and he loves fudgesicles like me so I have to give him some ;)

lovemyshiba
10-15-2004, 10:53 PM
I do too!!!
It cracks me up watching them try to figure out how to get it off!!! It's not really an everyday thing, but maybe a little ice cream or mashed potatoes or whatever!!!

At Christmastime I eat a ton of candy canes--Kito loves them--I let him lick it, and I still finish it:p

sammy101
10-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Kodie always waits when we put the dishes in the dishwasher,then when were not looking,he'll start licking all the plates in that we put in the dishwasher:p :rolleyes: lol,its funny to watch him,and i let him lick my bowl after i've had ice cream or cereal:p im so bad,lol

micki76
10-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
At Christmastime I eat a ton of candy canes--Kito loves them--I let him lick it, and I still finish it:p

I do that with lollipops. But only with Chester, Millie doesn't like to lick after ME! :p

RottiMommy49
10-15-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm guilty of this too....and give my male his cookies from my lips. He takes it so gently and never touches my mouth except with his long whiskers......that tickles.

He eats great from a fork or spoon but the female/ forget it...she's sloppy.:rolleyes:

This is our first rotti we got from the shelter and had her love for 6 years before she passed away from a huge tumor on her spleen. She was such a loving girl unless you had 4 legs and furr.
You will Always be with us Nikita![IMG]http://ibelieveinangels.mypicgallery.com/ROTTIANGELS/dcp-4303_large.jpg

Canis Amicus
10-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Not from my fork, but sometimes i let him lick my dish when I am finished.

Cincy'sMom
10-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Yep, our dogs eat off silverware too!! And Dum-Dum suckers are a favorite treat!!

ComedyDevil
10-16-2004, 09:55 AM
The dogs don't usually get people food, but when they do, it's usually straight off my fork/plate. Sometimes they get a lick of my icecream, and they'll take food from between my lips :)

My Mom HATES when I give them food off my fork. Umm, the forks get washed after meals anyway Mom :rolleyes: I don't see anything weird about it. :p

Miranda_Rae
10-16-2004, 10:39 AM
No i don't. because I don't exactly like her beggin and I don't want her to eat off my plate when my back is turned, but she does that anyway :rolleyes:....does anyone know how to fix that? I read once that you scream and yell at the plate. :o :rolleyes: So what are your suggestions?

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by snappy
I don't usually because I don't/can't give my boys human food. (food allergies) But on the occasion that I do - I do. I don't eat after them - but then I don't eat after anyone has used my fork or spoon - guess you could say it is my own phobia. :)

Same here...I'm trying to teach Blaze good manners. ;)