PDA

View Full Version : Chulo's story or holidays in Spain

Barbara
10-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Last week a co-worker of mine came back from holidays in Andalucia. But he came not alone to work but with a new colleague:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/pfde1ae5b42229f2f2f1c280129f855e1/f6a22665.jpg

He and his girlfriend had been hiking somewhere in an area where they had rented a house. They passed along some garbage cans and there was Chulo. Looks as if the poor guy knew there was the chance of his life.

Although he was very scared, he accompanied them for the hike and to the house. Juergen and Monika were flattered but also a little scared. They decided not to feed him so that there was not too much bonding and hoped he would leave for somewhere during the night.

Of course in the morning: The dog was still there. Now they first went to the supermarket buying dog food and then looked at him closer. His fur was in a terrible shape, he had fleas and worms (plus a Ehrlichiosis and a Leishmaniosis, that dogs in the Mediterranean get from ticks:( ), he was hungry and had licked his back so much the fur was missing.

Next thing was they took him to the vet and started discussions whether and how to get Chulo back to Germany.

(Like: "You cannot save the world."vs. "But I can save this dog ;) ")

At the end they booked new flights because at the original ones they couldn't have taken him.

I am proud to say that one of the pro reasons was that Juergen was sure his boss (that's me:D ) would accept the dog in the office until they found a better solution with more fun for Chulo during worktime.

Of course we think office dogs are very useful :) and every time he comes he gets lots of cuddles. He's still under antibiotics and we hope his diseases will be completely healed but he is a cute and beautiful boy:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/p985a11c9423a20a22d875740607fecdd/f6a22676.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/pb9576b6bb65d3f65b3b849ae868a2526/f6a22686.jpg

Edwina's Secretary
10-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Does he get his own desk or is he in a cubicle? Will he be working on a tour guide of Spain? Will he be taking German lessons or is he already bi-lingual.... So many questions...:D

RobiLee
10-15-2004, 12:31 PM
What a wonderful story and what a fantastic boss you are! Chulo is so handsome and I'm sure with all the love he is getting he will be healed up and all well in no time.

Thanks for sharing....Robin :)

pitc9
10-15-2004, 12:43 PM
What a wonderful story!!

I'm so happy for him! :D

It sounds like they are not going to keep him, is that correct?

Keep us updated on him!
He sure is a cutie!:D

Tonya
10-15-2004, 12:54 PM
That is so wonderful! I am glad that Chulo got a second chance in life.

Barbara
10-15-2004, 01:09 PM
They ARE going to keep him- but they want to find someone who takes Chulo out for playing and walking during daytime as they both work. He is a young dog (about one year) and he cannot live in the office.

He for sure found his furrever home:)

And you should see the smile of his dad when you ask about Chulo;)

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-15-2004, 02:28 PM
And now Chulo has a worldwide fan club! You are a wonderful boss, Barbara, to have hired Chulo onto your staff. :)

Best wishes for his quick recovery.

Randi
10-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Oh Barbara, what a sunshine story! :D Bien venido a Alemania Chulo! You're a lucky guy to end up in Barbara's office! I bet you're charming everyone off their desks and will get spoiled rotten with yummy food and fresh water. :)

micki76
10-15-2004, 02:51 PM
How nice! :D Barbara, do you have any positions available? If so, can I come work for you? ;)

He's a cutie! Hope his back heals quickly!

Laura's Babies
10-17-2004, 11:46 AM
What a sweetie he is!! Look how sweet he is!! No wonder ya'll fell in love with him! Now, that IS a HAPPY ENDING!! Congratulations on your new office help!!

Karen
10-17-2004, 12:27 PM
Tyler (the Sheltie at our office) heartily approves of dogs at the office, and thinks every office should have one.

I heartily approve of employing people who would change their flights to bring this poor sick doggie home.

And of course, Chulo, I love you, and your silly ears!

Kfamr
10-17-2004, 03:30 PM
What a great story, Barbara, thank you for sharing.

Chulo sure is an adorable little guy, and he looks like a sweetheart. :)
Give your co-worker a hug from all of us for saving this sweet boy!

AmberLee
10-17-2004, 03:34 PM
What a heart-lifting story! Kudos to all involved in the 'rescuing Chulo' story.

Cazi
10-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Oh, I love a story with a happy ending - wonderful!

senorita02
10-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Oh what a great story.:)

koxka
10-17-2004, 04:49 PM
What a nice story Barbara! He sure picked a wonderful furever parents!

Although I have to say that he doesn't look "chulo" at all but a sweetheard.:)

Killearn Kitties
10-18-2004, 01:33 AM
What a great story! He's a lovely dog.

We also have a dog in our office building just now. He's a young labrador. The arrangement is that anyone from that office going out for a smoking break takes the dog a walk. The dog seems delighted!

Logan
10-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Oh Barbara, what a heart warming story!!!! :) Chulo is one lucky dog and I already think the world of your employee for going to all that trouble, and think the world of his "bosslady" who lets him bring the dog to work!!!! :D

lynnestankard
10-21-2004, 03:44 AM
How could anyone not fall in love with that beautiful face? :)

Not only a wonderful boss Barbara - but fantastic people who work for you.

Welcome to your furrever home Chulo - if I was nearer I'd offer to 'dog' sit you in a flash xxxx

Lynne