View Full Version : If Your Cat Meows...

RICHARD
10-15-2004, 11:43 AM
It's six thirty in the morning.

It's about 55 outside and you are warm and cuddly in your bed clothes.

The cat begins to meow quite loudly, demanding something.

What do you do?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-15-2004, 11:56 AM
That's a silly question, Richard. What else do you do but get up, freeze your butt off, and give the cat what he wants? :rolleyes: ;) :D

slick
10-15-2004, 11:57 AM
It's a no brainer. Get up and see to kitty's needs. After all, you are kitty's servant and must be there at kitty's beck and call.:D

Is this a test?? Did I pass because I didn't get any study time in last night?? :eek:

Debbie: you were studying last night. Was this in the notes??;)

ashleycat
10-15-2004, 11:58 AM
i let her meow.. she needs to get over it.. unless shes trying to tell you your house on fire.. but your have alarms too, dont you ? lol my cat sometimes does that, shes hungry, but she just has to wait till i get up..most of the time, she still has food in her bowl.. most of the time, she just needs me to walk her to it, even tho she knows its there.. shes a strange kitty..

nibblets
10-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by ashleycat
most of the time, she still has food in her bowl.. most of the time, she just needs me to walk her to it, even tho she knows its there.. shes a strange kitty..

Julie does that too! Its like she just wants me to see her start eating then shes fine. :rolleyes: go figure!

ashleycat
10-15-2004, 12:05 PM
what is it with those kitties? i swear it s because shes an inside kitty,, and well, they cant bring masters mice and birds. so are they trying to take us to her food to feed us??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by slick
Debbie: you were studying last night. Was this in the notes??;)

Actually, this is something I've learned over the past 18 years. No notes necessary. ;) :D

slick
10-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Actually, this is something I've learned over the past 18 years. No notes necessary. ;) :D
Well, me too but this question seems waaaayyyyy toooo easy. Is there a twist to this one?? Normally I wouldn't analyze so much but this is coming from Richard.....:D ;) and you just never know....:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by slick
but this is coming from Richard.....:D ;) and you just never know....:D

I know....I guess all we can do is wait for him to respond and tell us "the rest of the story." ....since there always seems to be more to the story with Richard. ;) :D

christa
10-15-2004, 01:19 PM
don't know about you, Richard, but I get Josie something to eat when she starts that whining . . . I know, I cave, I'm weak!

LOL

So, what is the rest of the story??? I'm intrigued now!

AmberLee
10-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Yep, I suspect a trick question, too.

Tonya
10-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
It's six thirty in the morning.

It's about 55 outside and you are warm and cuddly in your bed clothes.

The cat begins to meow quite loudly, demanding something.

What do you do?

Throw my pillow at him. And I say him because that would be Ron begging for food. He starts meowing about 5 minutes before my alarm clock goes off. He thinks I have the alarm clock for him. It is his dinner bell. :rolleyes:

AmberLee
10-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Actually, if this happens, it's Cassy and I lift the covers. Normally he climbs in (eventually, after the bed starts getting cold, drat it) and cuddles and we sleep till the alarm goes off.

lbaker
10-15-2004, 01:47 PM
It's not just cats you all. My dogs ALWAYS wake me up waaaay too early in the morning whining, with their legs crossed, saying they HAVE to potty "like mad". I get out of bed and lo and behold the back door has been wide open all night. They just want me to watch them be good dogs and not "go" inside :mad: ;)

Pam
10-15-2004, 02:03 PM
This happens almost every morning and it is Trevor doing the meowing. If it is Monday through Friday I thank him as it means I have overslept. If it is Saturday or Sunday I put him on the other side of my bedroom door! LOL!

RICHARD
10-15-2004, 02:47 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL,

This is our conversation..

MEOW?

What do you want?

Meow

WHAT?

MEEOOOW?

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

MMMMEEEEOOOOWWWW?

Go to sleep.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

WHAT????

-----------------------

About that time I realize I am holding a meaningful converstation with a cat-The only problem???

The cat is smarter than I am, and I don't speak "cat"...

-----------------------------

I just feel guilty ignoring him.....
:(

Uabassoon
10-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Usually if there is a cat meowing at my face early in the morning, it's Tibby wanting attention. So I stick my head under the covers to keep her from making biscuits on my face. Then I stick my hand out of the covers so she can rub her little face on it and think that I'm petting her.

DJFyrewolf36
10-15-2004, 03:18 PM
I usually tell Remus:

You have food in your bowl, I KNOW you do!

He responds in his sweetest meow:

You're awake though, so mission acomplished!

Barbara
10-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
I usually tell Remus:

You have food in your bowl, I KNOW you do!

Filou always knows he has food. But he knows that eating is much nicer if you have company. Therefore he asks you to go down with him:D

P.S. In this house we think it is men's work to go down to keep the cat company at early breakfast time.:p

carole
10-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Well Ash is not vocal, and if Lexie Miaowed loudly I would know something is wrong.

When Lexie has had enough sleep, like usually around 5 am, she keeps running on and off the bed and up to my face warmly greeting me with little soft miaows, but her favourite thing to do is claw under the bed all around the bed, consquently, I have had to make her stay out of the bedroom a few nights, as mummy needs her sleep desperately.

Obviously Lexie has had enough beauty sleep, but mum needs all she can get.:)

prechrswife
10-15-2004, 05:06 PM
And this is why we started filling the food dishes at night...:D

MULTICATMOM
10-15-2004, 05:40 PM
I TAKE SLEEPING MEDICINE:D :D
I JUST SCOOT, PAT THE BED & SHARE THE BLANKET!! LOVE ON THE CAT...

I ALSO FEED AT NIGHT. I KNOW THEY'RE NOT STARVING, THEY'RE JUST GREAT ACTORS...LOL

rosethecopycat
10-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Are your cats Stephen King fans?

From that movie: 'Storm of the Century', I believe...

Your cat is saying:

GIVE ME WHAT I WANT, AND I WILL GO AWAY.

:eek:

RICHARD
10-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat
Are your cats Stephen King fans?

From that movie: 'Storm of the Century', I believe...

Your cat is saying:

GIVE ME WHAT I WANT, AND I WILL GO AWAY.

:eek:

LOLOLOL,

thanks! I needed something to read this weekend!

jazzzytina
10-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Pep used to jump on the bed and browl at us VERY LOUDLY...BROWWWWLL.....BROWWWLLLL

Usually it was about water. He'd browl in the hall too and in the basement, but we think that was just because he liked the sound of his own voice.

catmandu
10-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Actually,in Canada,55 is pretty temperate,especially,this time,of year! And if one,of the Found Cats ,meeeow,I ignore them,as it means,that they are hunngry,and with 7 feeding stations,food is close,at hand!