PDA

View Full Version : Annie is on English Soil !!!

PayItForward
10-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Annie’s Trip

Annie’s plane landed just before 9am on Friday 15th October 2004 and we arrive ten minutes later but Defra took four hours to check the paperwork plus an hour for customs, so Annie actually was released around 12:30pm.

Here are a few pictures of our trip. :D

On the way, a motorway signing to Heathrow Airport.
http://www.piftails.com/images/AnnieTrip1.jpg

First sight of where Annie was held….
http://www.piftails.com/images/AnnieTrip2.jpg

….the Animal Reception Centre.
http://www.piftails.com/images/AnnieTrip3.jpg

Beautiful homemade cake gift from Max & Vitt. I’ll have to take a better photo before we dare cut it ;)
http://www.piftails.com/images/AnnieTrip4.jpg

Meeting Max who came down to welcome Annie to England.
http://www.piftails.com/images/AnnieTrip5.jpg

PayItForward
10-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Our first photo of Annie on English soil. :D
http://www.piftails.com/images/AnnieTrip6.jpg

Max & I posing with Annie
http://www.piftails.com/images/AnnieTrip7.jpg

Steve and I posing with Annie
http://www.piftails.com/images/AnnieTrip8.jpg

Annie in our bedroom
http://www.piftails.com/images/AnnieTrip9.jpg

We opened her cage but she didn’t want to leave so we have left her to settle and she can see a pouch of expensive wet meat thanks to Karen ;) and dry food / fresh water etc.
http://www.piftails.com/images/AnnieTrip10.jpg

I wish to thank everyone who donated towards Annie’s additional unexpected bills, you were a life saver and Annie is very grateful too. If anyone wants a favour just ask, I owe you a lot.

I also want to thank Jen and Charlie for the sheer effort of time, energy and money that want into making this adoption possible.

Lastly hugs to Annie she was a very brave girl at customs, though she decided to stay in her cage than explore a customs shelter room. I hope she feels at home very soon. :D

QueenScoopalot
10-15-2004, 11:33 AM
AWWWW Annie! So glad to hear your long trip went so well! How exciting that you get to smell the air, and enjoy a new life in a new country. The cake is a darling tribute to quite an ordeal. I'd have a hard time cutting into it, it's so cute! YAYYY!!! Give her a kiss for me when she feels more secure. ;)

sirrahbed
10-15-2004, 11:36 AM
omegosh - what a relief that the flight is over!! Annie is home forever and now can begin her life learning again to just be loved and doted upon:D She has known love so I hope the transition goes very well. PLEASE keep us updated as we feel Annie is still a PT kitty:D Congratulations Jenny and Steve!!

jenluckenbach
10-15-2004, 11:47 AM
There is my brave girl. It is difficult to see you confused and scared and not be able to comfort you, but you will find new love in this place, and a stability that you did not have here. When you meet your new feline siblings, it will be for LIFE not just for a short time until they leave you again. You will find new places to explore and make one of them your favorite. You will find new people can be just as good as the old people, maybe even BETTER! You will find a freedom that I could not give you here. I don't have one ounce of regret in having you here or sending you on to your new life.
Remember, though, that I loved you first. :)

catnapper
10-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Jen, you're making me cry again!

*sniff*

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Lastly hugs to Annie she was a very brave girl at customs, though she decided to stay in her cage than explore a customs shelter room. I hope she feels at home very soon. :D

I don't blame her. I don't feel very sociable after flying for 7(?) hours either. ;) I'm sure she'll settle down once she's over her jet lag and realizes the carrier isn't going to be picke up and moved again anytime soon.

Annie, I'm so happy you made it safely. What a brave girl you are - and so intercontinental! :D

Corinna
10-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Annie so glad to see you made it on your big adventure. We are all so glad you have a terrific new life and family. Jen L i don't know how you could let her go .I wouldn't be able to. Jen (PIF) you must be a very special mommy for Jen to approve all this for you to have sweet Annie. Let here near the key board once in a while.

nibblets
10-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by catnapper

*sniff*

Me too! and I am at work. :)

jazzcat
10-15-2004, 12:10 PM

*sniff*
Oh me too!!!!

Welcome home sweet Annie!

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Welcome home, Annie!!! :) Have some bangers and mash and think of me! :)

K & L
10-15-2004, 12:19 PM
I just love seeing these pictures! Annie will feel comfortable in no time! Can't wait for the updates!

Grace
10-15-2004, 12:20 PM
*sniff*

Add another one to the list. I'm so glad that everything went smoothly for Sweet Annie. I pray that she will adjust quickly to her purrmanent home. Hugs to all of you involved in this wondrous adventure.

Barbara
10-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Welcome in Europe, sweet Annie:)
You'll love it here.

Ask for a little cream of your cake;)

lynnestankard
10-15-2004, 12:32 PM

*sniff*

Me too!! Oh it's been a very soggy tissue day hasn't it!!

Thanks PIF for the wonderful pics - she's home - Yippeee!!

gini
10-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Gotta get the windshield wipers going for these eyes too.............can hardly read the posts!

Mmmm, Annie, I wish you a long, well loved, healthy life!

Logan
10-15-2004, 12:52 PM
:) :) :) I am thrilled that she is finally there, Jenny!!!!!! Congratulations on your new addition!!!!! :D

Vermontcat
10-15-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm happy to hear that Annie made it safely to England!:)
Thanks for posting some photos of her adventure.
I can't wait to hear more updates as she settles in and meets her kitty brothers and sisters.:)

PayItForward
10-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks everyone. It will be a while until she will want to leave our room but then she'll have to get to know her seven siblings :D

AmberLee
10-15-2004, 01:35 PM

*sniff*

Me, too, and I'm at work, darn it!!! *pouting through tears*

Randi
10-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Oh seeing these pictures, remind me of "Airport". Annie, welcome to Europe! :) You've been a very brave girl on your long journey! :cool: I know, you'll get spoiled the rest of your life! :D

Many kisses and headbumpies to you sweet girl!

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Welcome to your new home Annie! I'm glad that the journey went well.

Laura's Babies
10-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Glad to know I am not the olny teary eye in the place!! I was so worried about her making that trip...(yea, I am a MAJOR worrier!) Phew, now I can relax, kick back and wait for the setteling in PICTURES! (hint, hint, hint )

That cake is such a nice thing for someone to do.. Is it TUNA or liver flavored?

AmberLee
10-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Welcome to your new fur-ever home, sweetie!

kimlovescats
10-15-2004, 04:21 PM
What a beautiful day .... you look so happy in your pics! Congratulations!!!:D

AbbyMom
10-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Wow, I'm so glad she made the trip OK. Welcome to your new home, Annie!

Edwina's Secretary
10-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Happy Homecoming Sweet Annie!

AmberLee
10-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Any updates, or is it too early yet?

jenluckenbach
10-15-2004, 08:02 PM
As of early this evening, Annie came out from her carrier to hide under the dresser. Just as expected :) The new parents are hopelessly in love with her :):)

RedHedd
10-15-2004, 10:24 PM
<sniff> Tears here too ... another PT happy ending!

rinkrat
10-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Congratuations! What a great story :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the U.K. Annie and to your new home as well.:)

AmberLee
10-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
... Annie came out from her carrier to hide under the dresser. Just as expected ....

Right on schedule, pretty Annie! One of the newest UKers here, hee hee.

Killearn Kitties
10-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Welcome to the UK Annie and to your new life! You have been a very, very brave girl. I'm sure you will settle down and start to feel at home soon. You have lots of lovely new brothers and sisters to meet.

These are great pictures, everyone looks so happy. The cake is just wonderful!! What a lovely blue tabby!

Logan
10-16-2004, 06:37 AM
Good morning, darling girl!!!! :) I hope you had a good night in your new home! Maybe your mom will fix your something delightful to eat today, huh?? :D

We love you, Annie.

Logan

moosmom
10-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Okay, I apologize for being so negative about the whole thing. I'm so relieved that she had a safe trip and glad that she's already out of her carrier to explore, even if it's only under the bed. Especially with all the love she'll be getting.

Jen, ya did a great job girl. I know how much it hurts to give one of your kitties up. But just remember, it was for the BEST reason of all.

I'm sorry I couldn't contribute to her voyage. But I know she's going to have a happy life and that PIF will give us continuous updates.

PIF, thank you for giving Sweet Annie such a wonderful home. Give her hugs and kisses from across the ocean from me and the gang.

PayItForward
10-16-2004, 07:50 AM
moosmom, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I certainly have enough opinions myself ;)

I am very relieved that Annie got here with no trouble, I was terrified that English customs would prevent her entry, even though we had the paperwork checked twice by Defra.

When we saw our Annie girl, she was so fed up a little scared but NO airplane ears. I think she was very very bored in her cage for such a long time.

What a darling face, she is even more beautiful in person than she is in photos and I loved seeing her photos. I love her little milkly white chin and her big round eyes

Here is this mornings update.....

We left Annie under the chest of drawers over night.

When I woke up, I discovered if my head was in a certain position whilst lying in bed, I can see Annie & she can see me. So I was whispering to her and she did a double blink cat hello, so I did a double blink back. Soon we were double blinking for England. Her ears are up and interested so though she is very wary I don't think she is terrified, though her eyes are still very round. Jen does she normally have very round eyes like our Milo; it is hard to tell on photos ?

I also noticed little footprints in the litter tray, dry food was very slightly lower and she had knocked two toys off the chest of drawers

Proof that our young lady has been out and about over night; so sleeping humans are not scary which is good news.

Tigs & Bramble were destroying the shut bedroom door this morning; a Steve forgot to shut the cats in the living room …nawtee Steve.

So I let them in for a few minutes for a quick cuddle.

Tigs and Bramble had seen Annie and both stared at her for a moment when they were on the floor in our room, so I enticed them onto our bed and blanket chest for a quick play session.

Annie actually crawled from the back left corner to the front middle so she got watch Tigs & Bramble play with a feather rod (I tried to interest Annie earlier but she’s not interested in playing yet, but soon she will)

Then without warning Annie ran out from under the chest of drawers and under the blanket chest Bramble & Tigs were playing on !!!

Annie is definitely interested in the other cats. Tigs jumped down from the blanket chest to run under and unexpectedly nearly ran into Annie and give a surprised hiss, so I scooped him up and removed him from the room.

Bramble has gone to sleep on our bed and I hadn’t got the heart to move her as she didn’t get any bed access last night. So I left her and Annie in our room and came down here to update everyone.

catcrazylady
10-16-2004, 08:04 AM
It sounds as if things are going far better than even expected! Great news and I'm sure there will be nothing but positive updates from now on. Such wonderful news so soon!!

Keep it coming PIF!! WAY TO GO ANNIE!!

prechrswife
10-16-2004, 08:16 AM
Good news!:)

catmandu
10-16-2004, 08:25 AM
We are pleased,that Pouncer,and Scrappy Angel,did thier job well,and got Annie,to your home safe,and sound! Does she still have the homemade Feather Toy,from the Found Hotel Cats?

ChrisH
10-16-2004, 08:46 AM
It is all so wonderful! :) She is here and settling in so well with her new home and family ...... wonderful. :)

Hugs to Jenny & Steve, and kisses to Annie, and all the feline crew!

:D :D :D

gini
10-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Thanks so much for the update on Annie.

Now, if that was my Emma, she would still be in the carrier, cowering in the corner! So, it sounds as though Annie has just the right attitude and trust to check out her new living quarters and her new siblings.

I am so happy that this story has a wonderful ending!.............

but..but, don't stop telling us about her every move!:D

lynnestankard
10-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Wonderful news Jenny - this seems to be going so well - GREAT!!

Lynne

AmberLee
10-16-2004, 05:18 PM
So glad that it's going even better than we'd expected in the settling in department. I'm loving your updates, thanks!

popcornbird
10-16-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm SO glad to hear Annie made it to her forever home safely. :D Dearest Annie, you'll be a British kitty in no time!!! :D Congrats on your new loving home.

NoahsMommy
10-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Annie, you sweet girl, I'm SOOOO jealous of you! I want to go live in Europe! ;)

Glad she's safe and sound and beginning to check out her new home. :)

That cake is so neat, Jenny!! What a nice thought. :)

PayItForward
10-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
We are pleased,that Pouncer,and Scrappy Angel,did thier job well,and got Annie,to your home safe,and sound! Does she still have the homemade Feather Toy,from the Found Hotel Cats?
Yes Gary, Jen send her feather toy with her, Bramble loves it too. Thanks so much to the Found Hotal cats :D

Here is a small movie of Annie wandering around.

Miss Meow
10-19-2004, 05:32 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread :o

I'm so relieved that Annie is safe and in her new forever home.

It sounds like she's coming along nicely and will settle in beautifully :). {{{hugs}}} to you all!

rg_girlca
10-19-2004, 06:31 PM
I'm so glad to hear that sweet Annie arrived safely.
It looks like she is starting to be a little bit more confident in that video.
One day at a time sweet girl, one day at a time.:)

gini
10-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Oh, it looks as though she is doing just fine!

Checking out the bed.....drinking some cat milk..........you know cats are not dumb................

They do know a good thing when they see it!

Congratulations and thanks for the videos of her.

Sweet Annie!