PDA

View Full Version : Oi vey!

Lacey
10-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Just had to share this discovery I made last night!

Are you all ready?

I discovered last night that my cats aren't Jewish!

I guess I'd better explain. You see, Zelda and Mowgli have always turned their nose up at pork - bacon, polish sausage, whatever - it'd just get a sniff and a walk away. So I figured I have Jewish kitties.

Well, last night I had some ham that I kidnapped from my last visit with the folks. And Mowg comes up and he wants a bite. I tell him that he won't eat it because it's pork and then give him a nibble just to prove it. He scarfs it down and is back for more.

And then along comes my dear Zelda who never ever begs. Well, she's sitting there, staring at me, giving me "I'm hungry!" eyes. So she gets a nibble and much to my surprise she eats it and comes back for more! By the time I was finished eating, my sweet, too-dignified to beg girl was up in my lap, licking the plate!

:rolleyes:

LKPike
10-15-2004, 10:16 AM
hehe, maybe their switching religions/beliefs for christmas time? *shrug* ;) either way you still got free snuggle time with Zelda while she was busy with the plate :D

Edwina's Secretary
10-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Try and offer them some shrimp! That'll be a real test! :D ;) :D

catnapper
10-15-2004, 11:02 AM
LOL... Allen is the same way! He won't touch any people food. I once gave him a shrimp and he looked at me like I had three heads. He'll eat a bt of chicken IF I tear it into small pieces and hand feed him.

But ham is a different story all togehter. A few Easters ago, I found him with his head in the pot with the ham, nibbling off himslef a great feast. We nicely covered it over and served from the other side! :D

Denyce
10-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Well according to my Jewish husband and sister in law that just love bacon and pepperoni they have now developed a kosher pig. *snicker* Perhaps the ham came from this new strain?? :rolleyes: :p :p

Denyce

slick
10-15-2004, 01:47 PM
My kitties aren't Jewish either. Speckles loves pork although I don't eat it too often anymore since she stole a pork chop bone off my plate a couple of years ago. Funny though, neither one will eat bacon.

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Too funny!

My parent's cat, Sherman, isn't Jewish... he's a pig! He'll eat anything. I swear he's a dog in a kitty suit.

catmandu
10-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Cats,are gifts,from Gods,and I think,that there is one God,its just that he has different names,and different ways,according,to the region,that you are in,and how you see,our Maker! After all,and Eskimo,would think,of a Supreme Being,differently,from an African.Ther Found Cats,are part,of Gods paln,to see how people,treat,the small,and helpless,and whether,they deserve,to be in Heaven.