PDA

View Full Version : volunteering

petslover
10-14-2004, 08:41 PM
ya'll! i have a question. is anyone doing any volunteer work during the holidays? I want to, but I'm not sure what to do. Like I want to make some kind of lil stockin for the animal shelters for each dog or maybe just donate awhole bunch of dog food or something. I know I want to do something, but I'm not sure what. Anyone ever done the Angel Tree? If so can you tell me exactly what you do

petslover
10-14-2004, 09:19 PM
bump

sammy101
10-14-2004, 10:27 PM
well,my mom and I have done an Angel Tree for the children that dont have homes,etc.For the kids,we just sent the the essentials,tooth brush,clothes,some toys,a hair brush etc.
Probably for dogs,i would send food,treats,Blankets,some balls,I would definently bring some blankets b/c they always need blankets at shelters.
ive never done an angel tree for doggies yet,but hope that helped a little:)

smokey the elder
10-15-2004, 03:15 PM
At one job we had adopt an angel, for needy kids. Maybe you can do adopt a shelter angel, where you have a Christmas tree with names of each animal, and people pick a name and buy toys, food, etc. for the animal.

robinh
10-15-2004, 03:16 PM
The shelter where I volunteer does an Angel tree. This is my first year, so I'm not sure of the particulars.