PDA

View Full Version : I've got a job interview on Saturday!!!

moosmom
10-14-2004, 05:06 PM
My landlord called me last Sunday and told me (word of mouth) that there is a Legal Assistant/Paralegal position available in the Counsel for the City of Ecorse office!!!

I called and left a message on Monday (forgot it was a holiday). I left another message on Tuesday. Well, Attorney Robertson called me back today. I called him and we talked for about 20 minutes about my qualifications, his office, etc. He's a very nice man. Very down to earth and walks the walk, talks the talk.

I have an interview with him on Saturday morning at 11 a.m. in his office. I am SO excited! I'll be making ALOT more money than $8 an hour. He said since it's my day off from Mazda to just come on in, don't worry about dressing to impress (although I'll wear slacks and a blazer) since it's my day off.

I am PRAYING I get this job!!! It's right down the street from my apartment!!!

I'll let you know what happens!

Karen
10-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Whoooo hoo! Good luck, be your friendly self, and you'll do just fine! ;)

Kater
10-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity! Wishing you LOTS OF LUCK! :D

Logan
10-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Donna, I am in hopes that the right job will help you "love" Michigan more than you do right now. I will hope, and definitely pray, that this is the right thing for you!!!!!!! :) Like Karen said, just be yourself, and you'll be just fine!!!!!!

jazzcat
10-14-2004, 05:41 PM
That sounds great! Good luck.

Cinder & Smoke
10-14-2004, 05:57 PM
:)

Well ~~ GOOD LUCK!! ;)

Tonya
10-14-2004, 06:25 PM
I am so happy for you! Best wishes!

sammy101
10-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Best Wishes! It sounds like an awesome job,and you will make more that $8 an hour;)

Good Luck with your interview:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-14-2004, 07:07 PM
All fingers and paws crossed here! Good luck!:D

AmberLee
10-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here for you, too.

Good luck! And be yourself.

mugsy
10-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Go get 'em Donna!! I hope that means that if you get it you're staying in the Midwest!

QueenScoopalot
10-14-2004, 09:13 PM
YAHOOO!! Hope all goes well, and you get the job! You need a break. Fingers, paws, etc crossed here too. ;)

lovemyshiba
10-14-2004, 09:15 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

We'll keep paws and fingers crossed here until we hear from you!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-14-2004, 10:15 PM
This sounds wonderful. Good luck Donna!!!:D

catfancier
10-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Heaps of luck and best wishes on things - I'm waiting to hear back about a job I've applied for and I've been shortlisted for another, so I hope things go as well for you :)

Best of luck!

shais_mom
10-14-2004, 11:56 PM
GOOD LUCK!

davidpizzica
10-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Oh, Donna, GREAT! I'm praying, honey that your interview goes really well and that you get that job! If you do, does that mean no more zoom zoom?

ramanth
10-15-2004, 11:08 AM
EEEK! That's so great Donna!!! Good Luck! :D

gini
10-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Oh, Donna, I wish you the best of luck.

You are overdue for a nice turn of events in your life!

Albea
10-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Good luck, Donna! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.:)

Corinna
10-15-2004, 11:58 AM
All paws and hands held in prayer for you and your interveiw.

QueenScoopalot
10-17-2004, 09:13 AM
O.K Donna, It's Sunday in Michigan....how'd the interview go? Inquiring minds need to know. But then again, you may have started a new thread, and I missed it. :confused: :confused: Off to lookie see! :)

moosmom
10-17-2004, 09:35 AM
I think the interview went very well. As I usually do, felt very good about it. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Everytime I do, I'm disappointed.

I met the Mayor of Ecorse who is a very nice older man, very down to earth. They were in a meeting trying to help out this resident who bought a building down the street from me. He was told by the Building Inspectors to either do something with it or tear it down. The Mayor asked him what the problem was and he told him he needed a loan to get it fixed up. The Mayor is trying to help this guy get a loan so he can do what he needs to do. The meeting took a while and I waited.

The Mayor and City Attorney kept coming by asking me to please hang in there. I asked them if they needed help with copying or something while I was waiting and they said only if I knew how to FIX a copier. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the City Attorney was very nice. He asked questions about my background in law, what kind of law, if I had any experience on Westlaw (which I do) and Lexus (which I don't but plan on learning) etc. He said it was a very fast paced office and I told him I THRIVED on that kinda stuff. He asked me about money and I told him what I made at my last legal job, BUT that it was very negotiable especially since I need benefits. I told him I'd be a definite asset to him because I live right down the street from City Hall (within walking distance) and have no problem with skipping lunch, coming in early or staying late to get the job done.

He said he had a couple of other people to interview (that's why I'm not getting my hopes up because someone more experienced than me can show up) and would get back to me by Friday.

Here's the clincher...my landlord is good friends with the Mayor of Ecorse and has coffee with him every Sunday after church. He's going to put talk to him about me. I guess that's what it's all about these days, because so far I haven't done very well getting a job. If that what it takes then so be it!!!

In the meantime, tomorrow morning at 5 a.m. it's Zoom Zoom again! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Randi
10-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Good luck getting the job! Don't you just need a break! ;)

sirrahbed
10-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by moosmom

Here's the clincher...my landlord is good friends with the Mayor of Ecorse and has coffee with him every Sunday after church. He's going to put talk to him about me. I guess that's what it's all about these days

YES, that is very much about how it is done - especially within city/county, etc and how I got my city job. Sounds GREAT Donna!! Having someone who knows you gives you that edge among equal applicants. You will know by next Friday, right?? YAY!!!

moosmom
10-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Thanks Deb!

QueenScoopalot
10-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Sounds very promising Donna! Especially with your landlord being close friends with the Mayor! Make sure to put a reminder bug in landlord's ear just before he goes off for that coffee. ;) Praying things work out for you, and that soon we'll be hearing a giant YIPPEEE!!!! :D

Corinna
10-17-2004, 11:33 AM
All hands on prayer for you to get the job. Sounds like you are purfect for the job.

ramanth
10-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Ohhh!! I'm hoping and praying you get this job Donna. :D

I work with Westlaw and Lexis too! :D Mostly password management and trouble shooting. :D Oh and TWEN pages.... gotta love the TWEN pages... *laughs*

lynnestankard
10-18-2004, 11:54 AM
How on earth have I missed this thread Donna - so sorry.

I'm holding you in my thoughts and praying for Good Luckxx

As I light my Monday night Candle tonight - in approx. half an hour - you're going to be top of my list - the luck has got to come your way very soonxxxxx

Hang in there sweetheart - we're all rooting for you {{{Hugs}}}.

Lynne

gini
10-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Donna, I am sure you are anxious to hear the news.........you can count on all of my prayers and special good thoughts for you on this one!

If you get the job, you might have to stand David up in the Lost and Found though............:D :D

davidpizzica
10-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Donna, my love, hang in there! I'm sure that you will hear something pretty soon.

moosmom
10-21-2004, 03:54 PM
I should hear tomorrow. I talked with my landlord today. He spoke with the Mayor who said he was leaving it up to Attorney Roberts to make the decision, and also spoke with the Attorney himself. So, I guess I have to wait one more day till I find out.

Patience is a virtue, as they say.