PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice...what do I do here?

DJFyrewolf36
10-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Why am I cursed to know really dingy pet owners? Sigh, first the problem with Squirt (the cat I was going to get before Remus, if anyone remembers. Oh as an update to that, the lady sold her house and moved so I don't know what happened to the poor girl!) and now this:

As you know I was *supposedly* adopting my MILs kitty, Isabo. Well....My MIL is being real wishy washy right now :( she's like one minute yeah I need to give my cat to you guys cause I cant aford her care blah blah blah and then the next minute shes all Im not giving my cat up to anyone especially you (she is P***ed at my hubby right now :rolleyes: and she is trying to use the poor kitty as a manipulation tool. Grrr I hate when animals get in the middle of this garbage)

I really do think that if she can't aford to care for two cats she really should do the right thing and give one cat up. I wouldn't ask her to give up her male cat, as he is majorly attached to her. But since Isabo isn't all that attached to my MIL (she is kind of aloof to her, she gets along with John REALLY well though) for one and for two really doesn't get along well with the dogs (the big GSD scares her to death sometimes), I think it would be better for her to go to another home. I'm just afraid that if she is mad at John, she will just take Isabo back to the shelter :( :( :(

Since she is POed at John, she is POed at me by proxy. *sigh* So talking to her wouldn't work (Ive tried, she's blown me off)
What do I do here??? :( this really makes me upset...

mina'smomma
10-14-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are having such difficulty with your MIL (glad mine isn't like that) The best advice is to just give her time to cool down and try to approach her again. If Isabol is being abused or neglected then I would call the authorities right away. I would say catnap her, but then that just makes you as bad as her, and you're better than that.

Not to be nosy, but why is she POed at hubby?

Sorry I can't be more help.

DJFyrewolf36
10-14-2004, 03:08 PM
My MIL and my hubby have never really gotten along. Its a long story of abuse really :(. He is trying to get past it but it seems like she wants to keep living in the past.

mina'smomma
10-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Well the next time she says she needs to get the cat to you go and get her. After you have her I would tell her to grow up, and join the 21st century

DJFyrewolf36
10-14-2004, 05:03 PM
lol Ive actually said that to her a few times...

Maybe THATS why she is POed at me :D

jazzcat
10-14-2004, 05:34 PM
I don't have any advice but wanted to tell you good luck. Dealing with MILs can be a real chore.:(

Jods
10-14-2004, 06:13 PM
If she doesn't cool down, and takes the kitty to the shelter get there ASAP and adopt the baby... They put a hold on new animals anyways... I doubt she will though if she knows you want her, she's probably just using the cat as ammo right now... :( Plus if she's getting rid of the cat for financial reasons bring up the point that u can't just drop off a cat well I dunno there, but here it costs money to take a pet in to a shelter... Anyways I wish you luck!

catmandu
10-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Sadly,she seems to be palying games,with you,using her Cat,as something,to hold over you,I hope that someone gets the Cat,from her!