PDA

View Full Version : Dog Warden paid a visit to the neighbors!!

pitc9
10-14-2004, 09:03 AM
He first fined them for not having a dog license on Blizzard :p, then told them that they HAVE to keep their dog under control at all times.

He told them that in Ohio there is a leash law, everydog MUST be contained in some way. Either by a fence, or the dog must be tied up at all times.

The crazy lady told the warden that her dog is under control all the time, and that Blizzard is always in her sight.

That is SUCH B.S. it makes my blood boil!!!!:mad:

My hubby and I have watched them open the back door, let Blizzard out, then go back in the house. When the dogs start going at it under or over the fence, I am the one running out to break it up and bring my dogs in the house!!! They NEVER go out and get Blizzard to stop the fights!!

GRRRR :mad: :mad: This women drive me NUTS!!!!!

So the warden told us to get pictures and/or video of Blizzard out in the yard with no one around, and/or when Blizzard is wandering out of her yard. Then we have to give it to the warden, then they can force them to tie her up. Which will not last long before they let her loose again. But believe me... I will be snapping 100's of pictures of this dog!

THEY NEED TO PUT UP A )$&#)* FENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew.... I feel better thanks for listening!! :)

LorraineO
10-14-2004, 09:13 AM
hopefully things will work out for the best!

Jamieejo85
10-14-2004, 11:56 AM
I totally understand how you feel. I remember seeing the picture of poor Buddy's nose:( .I hope you get the pictures so that they can force her to do something about it. Good luck!
~Jamie

lute
10-14-2004, 01:17 PM
i was in almost the same situation earlier this year! our old neighbors had a sheltie and a black three-legged dog that they would just let out of the fence. they have a fence to put them in!they just don't like keeping them in there. they say it's mean to keep them locked up. the worst part is the dogs would run straight into our yard and try to attack us and Beanie! one time the sheltie about had Beanie's neck when i threw a rock at it.....what else was there to do? he was gonna kill my baby!

REVENGE!-we called the police and the dogs came after them......needles to say the dogs didn't run around any more and the neighbors were no longer there if we needed to "borrow a cup of sugar".lol

hope your problem works out!:D

dukedogsmom
10-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Glad they at least came out and fined the witch. Too bad you didn't know about the photos all along. You could have already had them ready. Good luck getting this resolved. I also feel sorry for the other dog because it's obviously not taken care of and loved. Just a sad situation all around.

pitc9
10-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Too bad you didn't know about the photos all along. You could have already had them ready.

Oh I know!!!
I wish I would have had my video camera on Saturday when she didn't move an inch to stop her dog from fighting with mine! She just kept unloading groceries... like nothing was wrong. She was only 25 feet away from her dog!! Didn't even bother to call her dog's name, NOTHING!!

My gosh... what would she have done if the dog was attacking me!!! :eek: :eek:
(then again... Buddy would never have let the dog get within 2 feet of me!:p He's my "Buddy" Guard!!!):D

Tonya
10-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Good! I am glad that things are going in the right direction! Keep documenting things, this will be resolved sooner or later!

KYS
10-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Hopefully the fine will finally get the message across to
your neighbor.

shais_mom
10-15-2004, 12:25 AM
I am glad he finally came!
I would definately be taking a ton of pics or borrow a camera and set it up so it doesn't look obvious what you are doing.

I didn't know that about Ohio. There are a lot of people that are not in compliance with that then!

:confused: myself included when we play Tennis ball!

pitc9
10-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom

I didn't know that about Ohio. There are a lot of people that are not in compliance with that then!

:confused: myself included when we play Tennis ball!

They say the leash law is not strictly enforced unless the dog becomes a nuisance....like Blizzard has become!

Toby's my baby
10-15-2004, 12:19 PM
I hope you can get a pictures! We had a problem with dogs coming over to our house, the people would come and get them and bring them home again, but I kept happening, we called the police, they came out, and the police officer said he had better things to do, and to just bring the dogs back to their house ourselves and tie them up! Grr...

RobiLee
10-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Well this is a start and let hope things keep moving in a positive direction. Keep your camera handy and get the pics that you need.

Robin