PDA

View Full Version : Had Shirley moved here?

catnapper
10-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Pouncer was very agitated this morning... and now we know why. Has Shirley moved further East?

PS: I sound like a major nerd, so please turn your sounddown! :D :o

cubby31682
10-14-2004, 09:00 AM
How cute. Cubby only looks at birds right now but after this weekend that will change.

Killearn Kitties
10-14-2004, 09:03 AM
:D Pouncer's doing a good job of dusting that windowledge! Perhaps Shirley has decided to do a Pet Talk tour! :eek:

jazzcat
10-14-2004, 09:03 AM
LOL, I recognized that tail twitch. Jazz and Ripley both have a distinct twitch of the tail when there is a squirrel outside. They look like a cat clock.

Doesn't Shirley know you are suppose to go South for the winter, not east?

catmandu
10-14-2004, 09:30 AM
The Found Cats,too like to look,at Birds,and Squirrels,probably,because Michael,and the Princess,are frustrated Hunters!

Edwina's Secretary
10-14-2004, 10:21 AM
I think that is Shirley's cousin Sonya. Shirley is more red and would have come after you for some nuts! I do know the squirrel chat line gets very busy with info on nice Pettalk people to visit!

lynnestankard
10-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Sorry Kim - I'm ROTFMAO!!!!! Not only did you startle Pouncer but the squirrel looked well startled!:D :D
Course I turned the sound UP and Bagel was asleep on the back of the sofa - until she fell off when a very strange voice spoke to her!!!!

Great video clip - yes the tail swish was recognised here too!

Sara - :D :D :D :D

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-14-2004, 10:50 AM
:D :D Cute video and look at that tail swish! :D

Sunday was such a beautiful day here that I was doing schoolwork in the backyard with T & P in their little cage. All of a sudden I hear a rustling, and not even 5 feet from me - and about 1 1/2 feet from a crouching *very* alert Peanut, was a Shirley look alike! She/he was sitting up on her/his hind legs and swishing his/her tail and looking right at Peanut! Peanut was crouched and ready to pounce! Tubby was sleeping. :rolleyes: I wanted so bad to reach for the camera, but I knew that would scare the squirrel away. I made just a slight move and up the crab apple tree the squirrel went (that's when I knew it wasn't Shirley). But then I had to put T & P inside becaue the squirrel just looked too interested in them and I didn't want him/her dropping down from one of the branches into the cage and then have all three of them trapped! :eek: :eek:

In the process of putting T & P inside, I noticed two "holes" in the plastic fencing of their cage. The only thing inside is the catnip plant, but it made me wonder if somehow the squirrel had maybe gotten inside once or twice before and had had to chew its way out! :eek: It never occured to me that something like that would happen. But I'm going to be taking it down soon anyway because it's just getting too cold for me to be outside with T & P. They would still like to go out, but even though they're caged I don't want to leave them unattended - and now I can see why that's a good idea!

Anyway, I thought Shirley had migrated just a bit South to my house too. I was even ready to go out and buy some brazil nuts for her......;) :D