PDA

View Full Version : Denta bones

Jods
10-13-2004, 07:15 PM
I bought the dogs dentabones today and they were done them in like minutes is this normal????? are they still effective if eaten this fast? or are they ment to chew on them for a while... If it is normal thats expensive :eek: 4$ for 2 of the big ones & it said on the back 1 or 2 a day for adult large dogs ...:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: I thought they'd last a few days :rolleyes:

micki76
10-13-2004, 07:19 PM
No, those don't last but a few minutes with mine. I hardly ever buy them. Greenies don't last long either, but at least those are good for their teeth & breath. They also supposedly aid in digestion, and Chester needs all the help he can get in that department. :rolleyes:

Jods
10-13-2004, 07:21 PM
I was going to get greenies, but though they would just swallow them lol :rolleyes: guess I will try them as well....

dogs_4_me
10-13-2004, 07:23 PM
I prefer Greenies personally. Denta bones last all of 30 seconds with Emma and Moco. We usualy break them up a bit and put them inside a kong so they will last longer:p

binka_nugget
10-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Dentabones last for days here. The greenies are gone in flash though! (Frozen clothes might also be a nice alternative. I'm not sure how well they work at keeping the teeth clean though.)

LorraineO
10-14-2004, 07:32 AM
just give your baby some raw veggies or an apple ever so often,, great for getting plaque off the teeht and all.. Lucys teeth are pearly white and her gums pink..... works for her!

pitc9
10-14-2004, 07:36 AM
I've never tried greenies, but the BIG Dentabones last my dogs about 10-15 minuets.

I know I laughed at the package when it said to feed them 1 or 2 a day.. YEAH RIGHT!! Those things are $$$$$!

I give them to mine about every other week. Their teeth are clean as it is, and they don't have a problem with bad breath either. So I don't have to give them to the very often.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by micki76
No, those don't last but a few minutes with mine. I hardly ever buy them. Greenies don't last long either, but at least those are good for their teeth & breath.

They don't last long here either, and I have little dogs. They eat them like their biscuits. I rarely buy them. Actually I brush their teeth once or twice a week.

Miranda_Rae
10-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by micki76
No, those don't last but a few minutes with mine. I hardly ever buy them. Greenies don't last long either, but at least those are good for their teeth & breath. They also supposedly aid in digestion, and Chester needs all the help he can get in that department. :rolleyes:

LOL....sorry that made me laugh. :D I don't buy denta bones...I don't really buy Greenies either...they are SO expensive!! :eek: I mean, I am not money bags here! And the only place you can get them are at the Petstore and I hardly go there, simply because my parents don't like going there, I feel sorry for the pups, and it stinks. :rolleyes: But when I can, I do get one for Heidi. :)

cali
10-14-2004, 04:57 PM
lol my dogs already have pure white teeth, because they eat bones for their supper everyday lol but I have bought them dentabones as treats before, they lasted all of 10 seconds lol a real bone is much stronger, and so much more effective :p