PDA

View Full Version : Ambers first agility class

Cazi
10-13-2004, 03:51 PM
What a hoot that was. She surprised me to the hilt! I am so proud of her! She jumped the jumps with hardly any prompting at all, crawled up the A frame with a sheer look of terror, but jumped the hoop with little persuasion. Bless her little cotton socks as there wasn't as much nerves as I expected. She hardly took any notice of the other dogs at all.

I'm so proud of her - Well done Amber

Thanks to everyone that commented on the Lupi harness and alternatives. The Lupi works wonders with her so I'm going to stick with it for a while.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Cazzie/Michaelstowe3cut.jpg

Miranda_Rae
10-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Good Girl Amber! :D You made your mommy proud! Heidi did real well her first agility class too. For your class did they just make you do certain equipment each week? Because in my class for the first week we learned the tunnel, the dog walk, the weave polls and the jumps. Its fun isn't it? :)

sammy101
10-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Yay Amber!!:D im glad thatyou did so well in your first Agility class!!
btw she's gorgeous!:eek: Is she a BC??

Cazi
10-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
Good Girl Amber! :D You made your mommy proud! Heidi did real well her first agility class too. For your class did they just make you do certain equipment each week? Because in my class for the first week we learned the tunnel, the dog walk, the weave polls and the jumps. Its fun isn't it? :)

Yes it's great fun - good exercise for the owners as well as the dogs :D

Amber did everything other than the long A Frame. The tunnel was shortened for her, but other than that she did everything else that the more experienced dogs did, including the weave. She definitely was not impressed with the A Frame - poor girl.

Miranda_Rae
10-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Cazi
Yes it's great fun - good exercise for the owners as well as the dogs :D

Amber did everything other than the long A Frame. The tunnel was shortened for her, but other than that she did everything else that the more experienced dogs did, including the weave. She definitely was not impressed with the A Frame - poor girl.

how many levels do you they have? Do they have Basic, Intermediate, Post Advance, etc? Cause thats what we have, and we are in Basic. :)

Cazi
10-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by sammy101
Yay Amber!!:D im glad thatyou did so well in your first Agility class!!
btw she's gorgeous!:eek: Is she a BC??

Thanks Sammy. Yes, Amber is a BC. She has just turned 18 months old and has lost her confidence with everything, hence the agility lessons.

I really don't know what's happened to her in the past 6 months, but she has gone from an over confident dog to one that's petrified of everything - she's extremely sensitive. Having said that, apparently that is a common trait of BC's.

Hopefully the agility will boost her confidence.

Cazi
10-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
how many levels do you they have? Do they have Basic, Intermediate, Post Advance, etc? Cause thats what we have, and we are in Basic. :)

I'm not quiet sure to be honest. All dogs appear to do the same things, but in different manners. For instance new comers keep the dogs on leads whilst going around the course, where as the more experienced ones are lead free.

BCBlondie
10-13-2004, 09:14 PM
What a good girl, Amber. :)

You need to post more pics of your beautiful girl!!

cloverfdx
10-15-2004, 07:50 AM
W:eek:W Amber sure has grown into a gorgeous young lady :D. Well done with the Agility classes, sounds like Amber is a born natural. Hopefully the classes will help build her confidence again.

And yes we need to see her more often ;).