PDA

View Full Version : I got a lawyer...

Tonya
10-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Well, I finally did it. I think. I got the nerve to grab the best gender discrimination/sexual harrassment lawyer that I could find. I was in tears by the time I got off the phone with the paralegal, so I am not even sure if I have the nerve to go through with this...Anyways, I see him on Monday. He wants me to bring in all the documentation that day.

If you don't know what this is all about, there are quite a bit of threads on the drama I go through at work. I'd pretty much quit complaining to you all, but it's pretty nasty there. I am the only woman and I am treated horribly.

On the brighter side...check out my other thread. I have good news too! *I think*

RedHedd
10-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Congratulations! That's a big step. It won't be easy, but it's important to stand up for what's right.

I'm being abused at work by a woman attorney. I've talked to management about it; they know she's abusive and creating a "hostile work environment" (their words, not mine), but because the attorneys think she's a good attorney I know nothing will be done about it. :mad:

Tonya
10-13-2004, 04:15 PM
That's to bad! That would be a tough one, being abused by a lawyer...Her attitude is what are you going to do, sue her?

lizzielou742
10-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Good for you for calling a lawyer in! I wasn't on PT when your problems started, but I went back and read about some of it. I hope you get this guy good. He sounds like a real scumbag. :mad:

Karen
10-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Yay! Good for you!!!! Proud of ya - no one, male or female, deserves the treatment you've gotten.

Corinna
10-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Glad for both things . I sure won't have waited so long but glad your going after the a---ole . Maybe he'll learn about being a jerk.

trayi52
10-13-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm proud of you, Tonya! Nobody should have to go through the crap you have been through with that dirtbag! GET HIM!

Willie

Miss Meow
10-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Congratulations! That's a big step. It won't be easy, but it's important to stand up for what's right.

I'm being abused at work by a woman attorney. I've talked to management about it; they know she's abusive and creating a "hostile work environment" (their words, not mine), but because the attorneys think she's a good attorney I know nothing will be done about it. :mad:

I had that at my last job. This lying, two-faced destroyer of working relations was kept 'because she was intelligent'. I explained that intelligent people don't hide behind deception and aggression - but of course, lost that battle ;)

Tonya, go for it! If you ever doubt your actions, go back through some of your threads here and revisit how awful he made you feel. Good luck.