PDA

View Full Version : Only at my house!

Logan
10-13-2004, 10:06 AM
There's a bird in my house and boy can she fly!!! I walked in the kitchen to get some water a little while ago and saw something fly by my face. Thought it was a moth. NOT!!! It is a little finch, and boy is it fast! Too fast for me to capture on the camera, for sure. I turned off all the ceiling fans, closed every door possible to keep it isolated, and right now it is under the bed in Elizabeth's room after going over the balcony in the living room. I opened the front door and storm door and it got in through the open sliding glass door on the back of the house. Hopefully it will find it's way out!!!! :eek:

ramanth
10-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Goodness!! Glad you found the finch before someone else did! ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
10-13-2004, 10:20 AM
:eek:

Try *CLOSING* any drapes or blinds on windows you can't open -
they see the light and try to fly towards the brighter light areas.

And maybe a "trail of birdseed" towards the front door? :p

Good Luck!!

Logan
10-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Hallelujah! :D With Helen's help, I was able to get the window in Elizabeth's window open (it was stuck), and the little Finch flew out. She held the blinds while I pulled on the window (it's an old sliding one and we had to open the side without the screen). Little bird happily flew out!!! :) :) Of course, the window is stuck now, open about 6 inches, but we'll go out on the roof with the ladder, later, and fix it. Whew!!!! :p

popcornbird
10-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Maybe Roger, Milly, and Bennie had invited him over to a mini bird party. :D He he he! Glad you were able to get him out safely, and I hope the little bird learned its lesson and won't be flying into the homes of people without asking for permission next time. ;)