PDA

View Full Version : RIP Baby Joey

krazyaboutkatz
10-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Hi everyone. I'm starting this thread for a friend of mine. She called me at work this afternoon to tell me some very shocking news. Her male kitten Joey had to be put to sleep today because he had FIP.:(

She's only had him since around the middle of July and he was only 10 weeks old when she adopted him. He was a feral kitten that was found with his sister. She also adopted his sister Emmy and she's praying that she won't come down with this terrible disease. She has two other adult cats as well, Sarah who is 16 years old and Max who is around 5 years old. I sure hope that they'll also remain healthy. I feel so bad because I was the one who e-mailed her the picture of Joey and told her about his foster mom. I feel that if I hadn't intervened that she may have adopted another healthy male kitten and wouldn't have to go through this sad time in her life.:(

She's also one of our sales reps at the dental lab where I work and she was at my work about 2 weeks ago and everything was great with all 4 of her cats. She was so happy that she was beaming. She also told me that Joey had become her favorite. I know that this is a very difficult time for her and she needs a lot of prayers and positive thoughts from you and also emotional support to get through this rough time in her life.

RIP sweet baby Joey.:( I guess that God had some special plans for you so he's called you to Rainbow Bridge. You'll always be missed and never forgotten. Please take care Julie. {{{HUGS}}}

krazyaboutkatz
10-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Here's a picture of baby Joey. He was a siamese mix.

krazyaboutkatz
10-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Here he is sharing a bed with her 16 year old cat Sarah.

AmberLee
10-13-2004, 01:26 AM
OMG! What a shock! This is your friend who was so pleased to have two kittens to entertain each other, right?

FIP is such a nasty disease. I'll be praying for your friend, her cats, and all who are mourning poor Joey...

Frolic well at the Bridge, beautiful, playful boy!

lynnestankard
10-13-2004, 05:20 AM
Aww sweetie-pie Joey - so sorry you got called to the Bridge at such a tender age xxxxx RIP dear furball.

{{{Hugs}}} Julie and Tracy xxxx

Lynne

slick
10-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Oh Tracey, I'm so sorry about little Joey. You and Julie must be hearbroken. Please don't feel bad about it; you wouldn't have known about the FIP. You're right, God must have needed Joey for some special task at the RB.

Prayers on the way that the other 3 remain healthy and big {{{HUGS}}} to you and Julie.

smokey the elder
10-13-2004, 08:40 AM
I'm so sorry. Joey was such a handsome little Snowshoe, and his big sister loved him too.

jazzcat
10-13-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this but please don't blame yourself.

Rest in Peace sweet Joey.

Prayers on the way that Julie's other cats remain healthy.

Killearn Kitties
10-13-2004, 10:23 AM
What a horrible shock for you and your friend. Joey was an absolutely gorgeous baby. His pictures are adorable. Julie must be devastated. I hope our cyber hugs and positive vibes will help a little.

Here's hoping the others are all in good health.

Rest in peace, beautiful Joey.

Cataholic
10-13-2004, 10:39 AM
RIP, sweet Joey. Sometimes God has plans for us that we just don't see, and aren't anywhere near accepting of. Know that you are much loved down here on earth, and look out for your meowmie, Julie. She is hurting so badly right now.

rosethecopycat
10-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Godspeed to the bridge, little Joey.
Grow big and strong there and wiat for your mama.

doggylovr6
10-13-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm so sorry about sweet baby joey!! FIP is a bad disease but

think of it as, now Joey isnt suffering anymore. Joey, say hi to

Summer for me!!! RIP Baby Joey

Your friend,

Andrea

catmandu
10-14-2004, 08:35 AM
The Found Cats,especailly the Siamese Squad,and Juke Joint Joseph,are sad that Joey.passed on,so soon,before he got to be A Cat! He is now an eternal Angel,and enjoying his New Life,in Pet Heaven,and he loves you,and thanks you,for the fact,that when he passed,on,he was a PET,not a Stray!And you,.will see him again.Bless you,for helping Joey,when he needed you.

Tinkerboots
10-29-2004, 09:28 PM
What a beautiful little boy he was. Very sorry to hear your loss. I hope everything is fine with your other babys.