PDA

View Full Version : Agility Practice went great! :D

Miranda_Rae
10-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Agility Practice tonight went really well. Heidi was SO good. This is our second time going, the first time was to the basic first class, and this was her first practice. She was awesome! We did off leash a lot. Shes getting the hang of it. :) The instructor said that shes smart! :D Yay! Go Heidi! :p Anyway, I would tell her to go in the tunnel, and she would go in, and then I would tell her again, and she would go back and forth, back and forth. She fell off the dogwalk a few times though. :rolleyes: Clumsy puppy.....lol. She did well on the weave polls too. Her "overs" were good too...she knocked the poll down a few times, but she did good. We would start at tunnel, then we would run down to the polls, then the dogwalk, then the weave polls, off leash too!! :D I was SO proud. :D :D :D So it went well. There was only two other people at practice, a Pug and a Golden Retriever, although it looked like a mix of a Golden or something else.....I might have been mistaken. Well...toodles! :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-12-2004, 10:30 PM
YAY HEIDI! I'm glad to here everything went well, thanks for letting us know:)

dogs_4_me
10-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Thats great! Heidi seems to be amazing at agility. You must be a very proud mom tonight:D

cloverfdx
10-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Good girl Heidi :D. We start Agility this Sunday i hope we do as well as you did.

Miranda_Rae
10-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Well...last night didn't go so swell. I didn't exercise her before we went so towards the end of the class she made some mad circles around the room. :rolleyes: :o :eek: I was SO embarressed, but the instructors said that it happens. But next time I will remember to exercise her! But other than that it went ok. So remember if you have a dog with a lot of energy make sure you exercise her/him! :rolleyes: :o How embarressing!

cloverfdx
10-22-2004, 10:57 AM
LOL yes that is pretty normal :D. We will be in an hour of Obedience before hand and then we will do a little bit of Flyball after agility so i will go home with one tired dog hopefully.

pitc9
10-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Oh Heidi... your such a silly girl!:D

Miranda_Rae
10-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
LOL yes that is pretty normal :D. We will be in an hour of Obedience before hand and then we will do a little bit of Flyball after agility so i will go home with one tired dog hopefully.

She did that once at obeidence class when we were doing recalls. I could have just died! :o The reason she did it there was because I had been there for 2 classes in one evening so thats basically 2 hours and then this was during the 3 class. Carrie (my instructor) said that she just had too much. The only reason was there for so long was because sometimes I will just take Heidi and stay and watch and just do some training. Carrie doesn't mind. :) But I could have died, I was so embarressed, oh and she did it twice! :eek: :rolleyes: :o

bckrazy
10-22-2004, 12:39 PM
aw, dont worry Miranda. ;) it does happen!! In obedience, I've seen a lab run three blocks before his owners could catch him.. I think dogs can get really anxious having to be onleash with all the other dogs around. yeah, exercising her probably helps. and maybe just take a break towards the middle of the training just to play ball with her or something, and giving her treats and pets. We always get a break to unwind in class, it helps the doggehs :D

Good girl, Heidi! I hope you guys will be able to compete soon, maybe we'll see you guys ^.^