PDA

View Full Version : Can anything else possibly go wrong...

teenster3
10-12-2004, 04:46 PM
*"Warning, this is a long thread but I just needed to get it out, in advance....thank you!"
Today I had my parents over for lunch. My mom & I went out for a little bit & while we're in the car she says to me: "you're dad has a heart problem." AGH......:(
On top of everything that's been going WRONG lately......
So when we get back to my house, I went outside to sit on the deck with my dad. (my mom was inside)
We're just talking & out of nowhere he starts crying & says to me: "Honey, I love you & I really hope I've been a good dad!" Then begins to tell me that he has a heart problem. All I know is that he has a 50/50 chance. He goes into the hospital next Wed. to have testing done to see how bad the blockage is & see if they can just help it with medicine or to see if he'll need surgery. Life just stinks sometimes.
When it rains, it really does pour! I was really proud of myself....I held it together for him & said everything would be wonderful & what a GREAT, SUPER dad he's been so far! But, I have to say I'm a little ashamed of myself now......here I am on here talking about it with tears pouring down my face wondering.......will he really be alright & how can I EVER live without him?! I know sometime the day will come when I have to BUT NOT RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I can't possibly deal with anymore pain & others suffering. And then he precedes to tell me....."Honey, I'm sorry I was crying, I'm just feeling sorry for myself!" You have to know my dad but, he's the last person to have to say that. He's never felt sorry for himself, he's very caring & loves people & animals!!!! I JUST WISH that I could make him better! He's sick of all the treatments & drugs. THIS on top of his prostate cancer....what can I do or even say to make him feel better? I REALLY, REALLY wish people & our animals didn't have to ever get sick! I just don't know what to do anymore! I'm trying, really trying to stay strong & not be down. I'm trying to be there for my grandma, my dad, & stay healthy myself in order to have a baby. In order to give my dad & mom a grandchild that they won't have unless I can have 1 myself! Some days are really harder than others.:(
Tina

chrissycat21
10-12-2004, 04:52 PM
I really hope your dad is ok! Snowy, Taffy, and I will keep our paws and fingers crossed for him.

puppyluvs
10-12-2004, 05:04 PM
I really hope your dad will be o.k.
If there is one thing I want you to remember my father has had heart disease now since my brother was in 2nd grade, my brother is now 25.... my father has had quad drouple by pass surgery, Yes it was scary but remember outta that 50/50 chance remember 50 % is on his side .... Hope this helps...Hugssssssssssssss Have faith!

DJFyrewolf36
10-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Paws and fingers crossed here, you and your faimily will be in my thoughts and prayers!

puppyluvs
10-12-2004, 05:13 PM
By the way my father had his surgery in 1995 they told him he would only live 5 more years.... that was almost 10 years ago !!!!

Corinna
10-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Have faith in the docs . My mom had 4 heartattcks , due to her diabetes she had 2 of the sururies where they clear the plaque out.(sorry don't remember the name ) They told her she couldn't have bypass as the bottom part of the heart was dead. So she took it easy , she also developed n ulcer on a foot . after a while she just sat ending up in a wheel chair. For 5 years then they discovered she had enough blood flow through the out side veins they could do by pass. that was 8 years ago, she started 2 years ago doing the arthritics water classes she now teachers them and walks with out even a cane.
Many things are happening in the medical feilds, not to long ago my diabetes would have been a death sentence, now people are living almost normal lives. I know I do.
I'm sending you a big hug I know its hard to be strong but your dad needs you to be . Always remeber too that humer ,laughter,and positve emotins really help with healing. I've seen that in my mom heart stuff and my hubbys cancer. If you need to talk just e-mail me. I care.

slick
10-12-2004, 06:53 PM
One thing to remember is that you are never given more than He knows you can handle. You will get through this, I promise. Just lean on us and your family and friends as much as possible and be there for them.

It's so hard to be strong at times, but now it's very necessary. You Mom needs you to be. I pray that when all is well again, you will allow yourself time to recoup and break down if you need to. It's part of life.

Big {{{HUGS}}} and remember you can always PM me if you need to talk.

luv
slick
xo

PJ's Mom
10-12-2004, 07:36 PM
My dad went through the same thing when he found out he had renal cancer. In fact, it was a scene very similar to what you've described.

I don't know you enough to tell you what to do, but I can tell you what I did. I listened. I let him say all the things he needed to say. I didn't say anything. He talked and we cried. He genuinely seemed to feel better just being able to talk. He died 6 months later.

Be there for your mom and the rest of your family. Whether he makes it or not, you will all need each other. You're luck to have a hubby to go home to and that equals a shoulder to cry on. Contrary to what you might think right now, you'll be ok..no matter what.

Good luck, and we've got fingers and paws crossed for you and your dad. :)

lovemyshiba
10-12-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry Tina.

I will be keeping you and your dad and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers.

carole
10-12-2004, 08:21 PM
I am really sorry to hear that things have been so hard for you lately, and now this, it never rains but it pours as the saying goes, but please feel some re-assurance in knowing, having a heart problem is serious, but they can do such wonderful things these days, I am sure you dad will be just fine, try to think positive and hope that all will be well, easier said than done, and I sure can understand your anguish.

My own Dad suddenly had a heart attack two years ago, he did not have anything surgically done, and he is doing fine, but he is 73 this year, and who knows.

You take care of yourself now ya hear, and we are all thinking of you and hoping for the best outcome.

Tonya
10-13-2004, 09:29 AM
I am so sorry, Tina! I will pray that your father becomes healthy again.

pitc9
10-13-2004, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

Prayers to you and your family!

ramanth
10-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Healing hugs and prayers for you and your dad.