PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming cat show in the San Jose bay area, Calif.

AmberLee
10-12-2004, 04:44 PM
The annual Cat Fanciers Cat Show will be Sat 6 and Sun 7 November at the San Jose Fairgrounds again. KAK and I try to attend this one annually; I know I consider it one of the better shows locally.

More data soon.

RedHedd
10-12-2004, 05:04 PM
YAY! Keep me posted!

DJFyrewolf36
10-12-2004, 05:05 PM
San Jose isn't TOO far lol. I might just put gas in the old jalopy and make my way down there...mini PT meeting? :D I eagerly await more information!!

Don Juan's mom
10-12-2004, 07:38 PM
I'll mark it down. I've just gotten cast in a show, and rehearsals start that week, so let's hope no rehearsal that weekend!

Liz

Felicia's Mom
10-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Have fun! I plan on attending a cat show this weekend.:)

BCBlondie
10-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Ooo let me know when you get more info on it!! I would LOVE to come. It sounds like fun!! :)

AmberLee
10-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Argh. At this moment I can't lay my hands on the flyer, I hope I left it at work -- will post more tomorrow.

catmandu
10-13-2004, 09:06 AM
the nearest Cat how,sadly,is in Mississauga,nad there is no Bus Service! And I love Cat Shows,some,of the nicest things,that I bought for The Found Cats,come from there!

AmberLee
10-13-2004, 12:37 PM
I love the shopping possibilities there, too, Gary. KAK and WolfLady and I have all gotten some nifty bargains at previous shows. As well as seeing and learning about gorgeous cats, and fun visiting opportunities... I LOVE Cat Shows!

Here is the link to the flyer, it's set up for people showing there, but it does have a lot of good information.

Nov6&7 Cat Show -- Cat Fanciers (http://www.cfanorthwest.org/flyers/scvcf/nov04.pdf)

Yes, a mini-PT meeting would be terrific! Love to see you there.

P.S. Sometimes they have $ off coupons in the newspapers ahead of time. For those in the San Jose area, would you keep your eyes peeled? Some of the attendees will be from out of area it sounds like. :)

DJFyrewolf36
10-13-2004, 12:52 PM
I didnt see on the flyer how much it cost just to go, can you just go or do you have to bring a kitty with you? I don't think I could tolerate that long of a trip with my butthead in the car lol!

If the pricing is ok on getting in, It looks like me and the hubby will be taking a trip! I would love to meet some of my CA PT friends!

Tonya
10-13-2004, 12:56 PM
I will come one of the days. My son has soccer Saturday, so if I go that day, I'll have a late start. I should be able to make it up that way by 2pm. :D

AmberLee
10-13-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm pulling a blank, but most cat shows cost somewhere between $5 and $10 a piece to enter and a parking fee of around $10/car.

We have sometimes met near the fairgrounds and changed into one or two cars when we were arriving near the same time.

DJFyrewolf36
10-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Well heck, things seem to be going well for me so expect me there! I'll only be able to go saturday though but hey its great to finaly meet someone from PT! I guess we can make arrangements to meet someplace before the show if you want. Closer to the event, I should know if Im driving down there and staying a night and what not.

AmberLee
10-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Waahooo! Sounds great!

AmberLee
10-13-2004, 11:39 PM
*bump*

Let's see:

KAK and I are interested in attending when it opens Saturday (9 am?) although we've both been known to attend both days on good shows...

Wolflady is checking her schedule.

Syldion will be in Hawaii and can't join us ... (imagine missing a cat show to go to Hawaii -- okay, in a heartbeat for me, too!)

BCBlondie
10-14-2004, 12:11 AM
I'm going to check my schedule too. I can make it on Sunday, not sure about Saturday.. I *might* have to work that Saturday, but let me double check.

AmberLee
10-14-2004, 09:48 PM
*bump*

krazyaboutkatz
10-14-2004, 10:38 PM
I'll definitely be there and Sat. would work out best for me. My roommate may also be going if she doesn't have any plans that day. She's never been to a cat show.
I also mentioned it to one of my co-workers, Ann, she has gone to one in the past but I'm not sure if she'll be able to go to this one or not. I'm always ready for another cat show.:)

Everyone, please remember to bring your cameras so we can post the pictures here on Pet Talk.;)

DJFyrewolf36
10-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Im going down friday night so I'll be there saturday, gotta drive back on sunday though :( but I WILL be there!

AmberLee
10-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Im going down friday night so I'll be there saturday, gotta drive back on sunday though :( but I WILL be there!

Yippee!

DJFyrewolf36
10-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Yay, now you guys can meet one of the two (I think) Nevada Pet talkers :) (The other one is my mom lol)

krazyaboutkatz
10-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Yay, now you guys can meet one of the two (I think) Nevada Pet talkers :) (The other one is my mom lol) Great! I was wondering were you lived. I think you'll really enjoy this cat show.:D
I've been trying to tell as many cat lovers as I can about this show. My roommate, her co-worker, and my friend Julie may all be there too on Saturday. We may end up with quite a large group this time.:)

AmberLee
10-18-2004, 01:53 PM
* bump *

wolflady
10-18-2004, 02:10 PM
I can make it on Sunday for sure, but still am still tentative for Saturday.
Who all can make is on Sunday with me?? Looking forward to it!
:)
**hugs**
Karen

BCBlondie
10-23-2004, 10:38 PM
:( :( I have work on Saturday... but I can make it to the one on Sunday!!

So who is going what day and when?

BCBlondie
10-24-2004, 01:17 PM
^ bump ^

BCBlondie
10-24-2004, 04:43 PM
bump again lol..

krazyaboutkatz
10-24-2004, 05:26 PM
I know that AmberLee and I are definitely going on Saturday as well as DJFyrewolf36 and maybe a few others. I don't know if I'll feel like going both days or not. I guess that Wolf lady can only go on Sunday so you might want to pm her about it.

AmberLee
10-25-2004, 01:00 AM
I'm getting confused. (Wow, not exactly a first for me...)

Sat:

KAK, DJFyreWolf, me ...

Sun:

Wolflady, BCBlondie, me (probably)

Unknown:
DonJuan's Mom, RedHed, Tonya???

BCBlondie
10-25-2004, 09:42 PM
*bump*

AmberLee - I PM'ed you.

AmberLee
10-25-2004, 11:02 PM
You're right. I'll bet a LOT of attendees will need the street address to get a personalized map:

It's --
Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
334 Tully Road
San Jose, California 95111-1913

Tully Road exits off of Highway 101 and it seems like the fairgrounds are about 2 miles in on the valley side from the freeway (i.e. towards the town and away from the circling hills...)

Parking is across the street from the fairgrounds and usually also adjacent to the grounds. Parking is typically less than $10/car ... it seems like it's usually $7 or $8 but my memory's a bit foggy tonight.

AmberLee
10-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Okay -- Wolflady and Mr. Wolflady and BCBlondie and I will meet ahead of the cat show at the Subway Sandwiches at:

2386 Senter Rd
San Jose, CA

This address is the corner of Senter and Tully Road (It's kind of tucked in the corner of a tiny shopping center and a little hard to spot... It's on your right as you head to the fairgrounds from the highway, and it's JUST before the light on Senter. Or if you're like me and miss the driveway, you can turn on Senter and thread through the parking lot instead.) We're trying to decide between meeting at 11:30 or noon. Which time works best for you, BCBlondie, you can be the tie-breaker! ;) :p

KAK made me the cutest green baseball-ish cap (or gardening style cap?) decorated with "Pet Talk" and cats all over it. For those of you who haven't met me in real life yet, it'll be easier to spot a short, fat, rapidly aging excited brunette in a Pet Talk cap than without... Especially since there are a lot of excited cat people at cat shows!

Sooo --
Sat: (opening roughly 9 a.m.)
KAK, me ...

Sun: (noonish, precise time TBD)
Wolflady, BCBlondie, me

Unknown attendees:
DonJuan's Mom, ReddHed, WolfChan?, Tonya???

Oops: DJFyreWolf36 PM'ed me -- she needs to take a rain check for this cat show. Fingers crossed the timing will be better before the next big one!

Tonya
10-26-2004, 09:36 PM
I am 99.9% sure that I'll make it Sunday also. :D I can't wait! It's my first cat show.

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2004, 10:44 PM
AmberLee, I can wear my purple hat too and Wolflady and her husband can wear theirs also if they'd like. Since it sounds like most people will be going on Sunday, I might just go ahead and go both Sat. and Sun.:)
I really want to go on Sat. because if I want to buy something then Sat. is the best day to go. My roommate and her co-worker and my friend Julie will also probably be going on Sat.:)

BCBlondie
10-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I am 99.9% sure that I'll make it Sunday also. :D I can't wait! It's my first cat show.
Mine too!!
It would be awesome meeting you! :D I've already met AmberLee and KAK... not WolfLady yet though. I'm very excited!!! :D

AmberLee - I don't care... I'll probably leave my house early anyway in case I run into traffic or I get lost! Or, if I find the place on time, I don't mind waiting for others to show up... so I really don't care... whatever time you guys want to meet is fine with me! :D

KAK - I hope I get to see you too!! (if you decide to go Sunday as well) :)

AmberLee
10-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Tonya,

It sounds like most of the Sunday attendees are meeting at the Subway that's about a quarter mile from the fairgrounds entrance. Does this sound good to you, too, or would you rather meet us inside the show?

I'm getting ExCiTeD! :D :cool: :D

AmberLee
10-27-2004, 02:09 PM
*bump*

Any other local cat loving PTers coming to this show?

BCBlondie
10-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Me too!! :D

Are we allowed to bring cameras? I'm thinking about bringing my digital camera... :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
Me too!! :D

Are we allowed to bring cameras? I'm thinking about bringing my digital camera... :) Yes you are. I ususally try to ask the owners if I can take a picture of their cat before I take one though. I've never had any one say no.:)

wolflady
10-28-2004, 10:59 AM
How exciting! It will be so fun to meet some new people! ;) Looking forward to it Amberlee! I will definitely wear my Pet Talk hat :) We'll snag some sandwiches and all go to the show together.
KAK, I think you should come on Sunday too! ;) *hint, hint*

**hugs**
Karen

Tonya
10-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Tonya,

It sounds like most of the Sunday attendees are meeting at the Subway that's about a quarter mile from the fairgrounds entrance. Does this sound good to you, too, or would you rather meet us inside the show?

That sounds good to me!

Tonya
11-02-2004, 11:24 PM
So what time on Sunday?

Tonya
11-03-2004, 09:06 AM
*bump* I'd like to know if people are coming for sure on Sunday and what time we're meeting. :D

I keep debating on rather or not to tell my son where I am going. I know he's going to want to go. I think if he seems like he's breathing well, I may tell him and just be sure he gets all his meds that morning...the place is pretty big, isn't it?

krazyaboutkatz
11-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Tonya, I'm not sure what time everyone is meeting on Sunday. It's either 11:30am or 12pm. I don't think that anyone really decided yet. I'll most likely be there on Sunday too.:) You can pm Wolflady or AmberLee about the time but I don't think that AmberLee will be back in town until sometime on Thursday.

The place is very large so if your son is doing well with his breathing, I'd let him go. He'd probably really enjoy it.:)

wolflady
11-03-2004, 11:21 AM
For Sunday, we plan on meeting around 11:45am. We'll eat at Subway and then head over to the show together. Does that sound ok?
I'm looking forward to it! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/catenthralled.gif
Warmly,
Karen

Tonya
11-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Sounds great! Look for a tall pregnant lady and a boy. :D I can't tell you what I will be wearing since I'm outgrowing my clothing daily.

So...
Subway Sandwiches at:
2386 Senter Rd
San Jose, CA
Sunday at 11:45, right?

BCBlondie
11-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Sounds great! Look for a tall pregnant lady and a boy. :D I can't tell you what I will be wearing since I'm outgrowing my clothing daily.

So...
Subway Sandwiches at:
2386 Senter Rd
San Jose, CA
I'll be there! :D

Are we meeting inside Subway? Should I make a sign? (though people would probably give me weird looks in Subway for having a sign that says Pet Talk hehe :D ) I don't know what I'll be wearing either... If you see a tall-ish blonde-ish kid, that's probably me. :p

BCBlondie
11-05-2004, 11:12 AM
JUST TWO MORE DAYS!!! :D :D
*jumps up and down*

wolflady
11-05-2004, 06:26 PM

So...
Subway Sandwiches at:
2386 Senter Rd
San Jose, CA

Yup!! Sounds great! We can meet outside the door of Subway, since it's a pretty small restaurant inside. I'll wear my Pet Talk visor! See you on Sunday! :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-06-2004, 12:11 AM
I talked to AmberLee tonight and she just got back into town a few hours before. She's feeling under the weather so she won't be going tomorrow but will be going on Sunday.

It will just be me and my roommate going tomorrow. We'll still have fun and I'll try to take a lot of pictures.:) For those of you who get the paper, there should be a coupon for this show in it. In the San Jose Mercury News it's in the "Eye"section on page 37. It's only a dollar off coupon but still worth using. The admission price is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors, and $10 for a family of 4. I'm not sure how much parking prices are. I'll also be going on Sunday so I'll see you then. I sure hope that AmberLee feels better.

BCBlondie
11-06-2004, 02:16 AM
Yikes! That really sucks..:(

AmberLee - I hope you get better soon!! Stay warm and get lots of rest! I hope to see you on Sunday!! :)

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!! :D :D :D *jumps up and down* I'm very excited!! :D

AmberLee
11-06-2004, 03:35 AM
Thanks! I'm excited, too. But feeling really DUMB. I left my digital camera at my parents home when I left there today. :o

I guess this won't be a huge loss to Pet Talk as I rarely have photos that turn out well or are postable here, but shucks, I enjoy trying to get good shots...

See you, visor on head, at 11:45 on Sunday at Subways at the corner of Senter and Tully.

Tonya
11-06-2004, 09:18 AM
See you there! I will have Jaden (my 7 year old son) with me and possibly my husband. Hehe, I was just thinking, maybe I should know all your names. It might sound funny if I walk around in public calling you Wolflady and BCBlondie. :D

cloverfdx
11-06-2004, 09:28 AM
It might sound funny if I walk around in public calling you Wolflady and BCBlondie.
LOL :D.

Have a fun day, cannot wait to see the photos.

AmberLee
11-06-2004, 07:43 PM
KAK called a bit ago. She and her roommate went today and had a blast. She says it's scaled down a bit from previous shows, but it does sound great. I'm so excited about tomorrow! See you there!

AmberLee
11-06-2004, 07:44 PM
D'uh! She also said that the heating was low (to keep the cats perky?) and suggested I wear a sweat shirt or layers. If you get this message, you might want to do the same...

BCBlondie
11-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Hehe, I was just thinking, maybe I should know all your names. It might sound funny if I walk around in public calling you Wolflady and BCBlondie. :D
LOL!!!! :D

My name is Diana... (pronounced Dee-aw-na) ;)

See ya there TOMORROW!!! :D :D :D I'm so excited haha.

(I hope you guys don't mind if I bring a little treat along with me to share with you guys while we're eating at Subway? :) )

krazyaboutkatz
11-06-2004, 11:55 PM
I had a great time at the Cat Show today.:) I took a lot of pictures but most of them turned out blurry.:( I think that I'll leave my camera on the auto setting tomorrow so hopefully the pictures will turn out better.

My roommate really enjoyed herself and it was her first cat show. She doesn't have a cat right now but is now seriously thinking about getting one to help keep her husband company in Las Vegas while she's working here. She fell in love with the Silver Marbled American Shorthair.:)

I have a couple of Subway coupons that I'll bring with me tomorrow and I'll also make copies of my cat show coupon so hopefully everyone will be able to save some money.:) I also have 2 extra Pet Talk visors that BCBlondie and Tonya can have if they'd like. They're extras from the LA Pet Talk Barbeque.:) BTW my name is Tracey. I'll see everyone tomorrow at 11:45am.:D

Here's a preview of what you'll see tomorrow.

gini
11-07-2004, 12:27 AM
I am just downright jealous. Feel better Pauline, and I will be anxious to see the pictures.

Tracey - if the rag doll you posted is just a preview...........I would love to go to one of these shows.

Maybe in the future we could coordinate that and I could fly up to San Jose.

Have a great day -------

Tonya
11-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Ok, I'll be leaving in about half an hour. It could have sworn it's only taken me an hour and 15 minutes to get there before, but mapblast says an hour 45 minutes, so I'd better leave early. I'll be wearing a pink thermal shirt and jogging pants. I know, I know, sucha dressy outfit for a first time meeting... :rolleyes: I'm going for comfort today! I don't think I will have Jaden with me, he's changing his mind now that he knows the drive is so far. See you in a bit!

AmberLee
11-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Wow!

A great show. I had a wonderful time meeting Tonya, and seeing Wolflady, BCBlondie, Mr. Wolflady and KAK again. I forgot my camera when I was visiting my parents last week, but the others had theirs and Mr. WL obliged us with lots of shots.

The next local cat show's in January 2005. Are we up for it?

BCBlondie
11-07-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm up for it! :D

I'm about to upload the pics I took... and I'll post them in a new thread, if you don't mind! :)