PDA

View Full Version : 10 Second Affair.

RICHARD
10-12-2004, 04:38 PM
LOLOLOL.

This it probably the stupidest thread I have ever started!

Well, there was the one about the...Anyway......

Have you ever made eye contact with a stranger in public and had a 10 second love affair???

You lock eyes for a moment, pass each other and never see that person again.....But, those few seconds seem like a whole lifetime???

No talking, winking or anything. Just eye contact!

I am curious about this, It happens every so often and I wondered if it happens to anyone else.....

slick
10-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Boss away again today Richard? ;) :D

Let's see 10 sec love affair. Hmm, I'll have to think on that one. Don't think so. I've looked and lusted but the feeling was not mutual.

teenster3
10-12-2004, 04:50 PM
I hope my husband never sees this but honestly.....yes!
He'll even tell you it's ok to flirt, it's where you take it....to the next level, etc. that gets people into trouble!

dukedogsmom
10-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Talk about quickies! I voted yes.

puppyluvs
10-12-2004, 04:58 PM
To be honest I think everyone has done this if they would just admit it....!!! LoL

Kfamr
10-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Do dogs count?

puppyluvs
10-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Do dogs count?

If so I would be guilty of that a million times over LOL

K9soul
10-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Do dogs count?

You know actually, on a serious/sort of off-topic note :p, I light up whenever I see a dog, but there have been some that when our eyes met, there was something even more there, a deep soulful connection, and I feel almost like I know them or have known them in another life..

Your post made me think of that :)

DJFyrewolf36
10-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I ended up Marrying him!!! *oops...* LOL :D

First time I even saw my husband, I was at Dennys at this
B-o-r-i-n-g meeting and about to fall asleep and for some reason I looked at him and he looked at me and I was well...

Hooked :D

Funny thing, he is my Ex's adopted brother...

And if you're counting critters...

I do that with cats and rats, even some reptiles (explain THAT I dare you!)

Kfamr
10-12-2004, 05:32 PM
I was being serious too. :p
I always say "Hey.. look at that pup!"
If my dogs ever knew I was looking at other dogs I think they'd pack up their milkbones and leave.

wolflady
10-12-2004, 05:32 PM
LOL Richard, interesting question! I voted yes as well! ;) :o

Samantha Puppy
10-12-2004, 06:30 PM
I avoid eye contact if at all possible.

popcornbird
10-12-2004, 06:42 PM
No!!! I don't go around staring at people on the streets. If I *ever* come in eye contact with some strange guy...just because we were passing by and happened to see each other, I usually look away. I can't stand having eye contact with any strange person, and I avoid it as much as possible.

What in the world was your purpose of this thread anyway? :p He he he

If you're talking about animals though....then yes, I have. With the neighborhood cats. :p

QueenScoopalot
10-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Yup, happened to me a time or two, but I've been hitched (well legally speaking 15 to be on 10/31 :D ) but shacked up for quite a few years beforehand! The eye contact has happened, but danged if I remember where? Geesh! Kitty litter dust has a way of clogging the brain cells! :rolleyes: No doubt some seedy barroom! :D And no...I don't frequent them FYI! :rolleyes: ;)

CountryWolf07
10-12-2004, 08:19 PM
YES! lol

MariaM
10-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Guess what I voted? Haa the last one:p

lynnestankard
10-13-2004, 05:16 AM
He he he Richard - look at the poll results - they say it all!!!!

Lynne

Tonya
10-13-2004, 09:27 AM
It's funny you asked. My husband and I were just talking about that. We were talking about how sometimes when you see someone that takes your breath away, when you first make eye contact, you literally flinch and take a step back. For a moment it is like the world stops. And then you come to your senses "Oh yeah, I am married." And then the world starts moving again and you are on your way. lol.

I have to add something...

Is it different for men then women? Like in talking to my husband and his friends, for them, it seemed like they were always beautiful women. For me, it was normally a guy who was talking to his dog, laughing out loud or smiling real big, or a young father with his child...

I would like to hear people's actual stories, on what caught their eye.

nibblets
10-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Yes...and I have found it to be quite...exhilerating.:D

Lillycat
10-13-2004, 07:23 PM
hey tonya, theres your next new thread!

slick
10-13-2004, 09:39 PM
This probably doesn't count but it's along the same lines.

Picture it, Vancouver, 1980. My BF and I had been living together for about 3 years and we were really in love. I'm working for an Ad Agency doing the monthly billing. I have a program error so I call the programmer. It requires that he come into the office.

When he arrives, we lock eyes and my legs immediately turn to jelly. The sparks fly. While he is fixing the problem there is some major eye contact going on. Later he shakes my hand and leaves. I'm shaking all over. I want this guy.

He calls me the next week to chat and we "date" for about 3 weeks at which time he gives me 3 carnations to celebrate. But all is not well. I'm lying to my BF and my conscience can't take it anymore. Thank God we were not "intimate". "Wayne" wanted me to leave "Al" but I just couldn't. I chose Al and when I told Wayne he was heartbroken.

Al and I broke up permanently 7 years later. Now I wonder what would have happened if I'd made the other choice. I wish I could see Wayne again just to apologize.

trayi52
10-13-2004, 09:46 PM
I had to vote yes too!

Willie:D

Miss Meow
10-14-2004, 12:22 AM
I think it's called un coup de foudre by the French, which translates loosely to 'struck by lightning' :)

I've had it happen a few times; it's funny to know that something major has happened but not to understand what it really is. The last time I nearly ran a poor man over as we were staring at each other, except I was in a car and he was crossing the street. Don't know how I'd have explained that to the insurance company ... um, yeah, perving at hot mod cowboy man in nice jeans and hit him :o

Cincy'sMom
10-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Don't know how I'd have explained that to the insurance company ... um, yeah, perving at hot mod cowboy man in nice jeans and hit him :o

LOL!!! The makings of a new email list of "actual insurance claims!"

catnapper
10-14-2004, 08:39 AM
Leave it to RICHARD to ask such a thing! I'v never even known a 10 second affair could exist! Especially not in my area... everyone looks away instead of eye-contact... goodness, I just might smile and say hi! Gasp! They'd think it was a novel concept: friendliness!

Tonya
10-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Lillycat
hey tonya, theres your next new thread!

hehe...oops!

Tonya
10-14-2004, 09:04 AM
When I first read this thread, I knew it'd happened to me lately, but I couldn't remember where. I just remembered.

Last week, I was at a stop light, and the guy in front of me was looking at me through his side mirror. I caught him and we locked eyes for a second. I got uncomfortable and looked away. But I couldn't help it, our eyes kept making contact. I swear it felt like an eternity for the light to turn green. I felt like such a dork for getting all bothered over a guy at the stop light. lol.

RICHARD
10-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Leave it to RICHARD to ask such a thing! I'v never even known a 10 second affair could exist!

lololol...

Think of all the seconds in a day!!!

It was just an observation.

I'm an amatuer psychologist-emphasis on the "psycho"-I like to talk to people and sometimes having a little fling like that makes your day.

Cowboys can take abuse.
:cool:

gini
10-14-2004, 12:31 PM
A ten second affair? Be sure to not blink...........:D

I have to share something that happened a long time ago.

I was in an underground parking lot at a store. Richard, it was May Company at Wilshire and Fairfax...........

I was leaving the parking lot when a guy in another car made eye contact with me. Because he wasn't looking where he was going, I slowed down, not sure whether he was going to stop or not....because he was staring at me.

He drove right into one of the pillars in the parking lot.

I had to get out of there because I was laughing so hard!

So, see, you have to keep these affairs at ten seconds or less because otherwise you bump into things.:D

RICHARD
10-14-2004, 02:05 PM
My stories??

I made eye contact with a gal that works in the bank up the street...our '10 second affair' happens twice a month on payday.
It's an ongoing thing.

When I have spoken to her, the SEXIEST THING SHE has ever said to me is......"Good Morning" and "Would you like large bills??"

It's a stupid little school boy crush and we both know it's going on-but that's as far as it will ever go.

But, it's kinda nice knowing that should we ever take that next step she'll never ask me how much money I make in my job....

She has access to my accounts!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I was at a car dealership where they had some race vehicles on display.

I was looking at a car when I felt uneasy. I looked about and spied a woman in a Toyota racing/fire suit staring...

She was a 'model', hired to sell the new line of trucks- I walked over to her and we chatted for about 30 minutes....

It was fun, it was like we had known each other for ages......There was a chemistry there and when ever I need some reaffirmation I look at the poster she signed for me-

"I love you- Leslie!!! *heart*!! (NOT THE WAY she signed the posters for everyone else!)

And wonder what would have happened if I wasn't such a lummox.

----------------------------

I once made a gal crash into the file cabinet at work....THAT was funny....

--------------------------

Originally posted by gini

He drove right into one of the pillars in the parking lot.

I had to get out of there because I was laughing so hard!

Gini,
LOLOL, You left a guy with a broken heart, a bent fender and the deductible......

I guess that makes you a 'car wrecker'....

:D

guster girl
10-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Yes, yes, yes! I love when that happens. :) Talk about adrenaline! :)

RICHARD
10-15-2004, 12:56 PM
It's Payday Friday!!

How do I look???

PJ's Mom
10-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Stunning, as usual. :D

I voted for "no". :)

slick
10-15-2004, 01:01 PM
As good as always Mr. Stud Muffin. Love what you've done to your hair. :)

Payday for me too but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

gini
10-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Richard, when she gives you those "big" bills..........be sure to count them!:D :D

Stud muffin...........Slick..........what has gotten into you?

It must be the ocean view.

slick
10-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by gini
It must be the ocean view.
:D :D Is it getting hot in here or is it just me??

RICHARD
10-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Stunning, as usual. :D

That's the time to strike, when they are 'stunned'!!!!

Slick,

I have to wait two weeks, she wasn't working,:(

Gini,
Duh.....one, two.......TWO!!!

TWO!!!!!

joycenalex
10-15-2004, 09:10 PM
richard, stand up straight, hold your shoulders slightly back , smile and ask her out for a cup of coffee after work.:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-16-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
It's Payday Friday!!

How do I look???

Who knows - you never post photos! ;)

My 1o-second affair was also a car story.

Sitting waiting at a red signal, guy in a BMW grins at me, I grin back -~but VERY intense - then the light changes, and we both floor it. I was driving my Golf VR6, he was in a silver beemer - I kicked his butt! ;)

lynnestankard
10-16-2004, 06:47 AM
Slick, I have to wait two weeks, she wasn't working,:(

Gini,
Duh.....one, two.......TWO!!!

TWO!!!!!

So...................................in two weeks time you're going to walk into the bank and ask this very nice young lady is she'd like to have a coffee after work (just as joycnealex suggested). YOU CAN DO THIS!! After all (lets look on the dark side!) she may already be spoken for - you just have to find out! Stop this shilly-shallying and get yourself organised! (End of English lecture! sorry!)

My story - years and years ago, when I was young!! I was stood in a theatre bar during the interval - I was with a gir friend and we were having a little tipple(!) - as you do. When I caught the eye (quite a good throw I thought!) of a guy standing half way across the room - WOW - that was it - I couldn't move, breathe, talk or drink.
We both simply stared - I got very red and embarrased and turned away - for about 5 seconds, I had to look back - he was still looking and then he smiled - oh my God - that was it - my legs started shaking. I couldn't move - he tipped his glass towards me - you know in a 'cheers' sort of way - but how sexy was that!!
By this time my friend was convinced I was ill and kept saying 'Do you want to sit down' - all I could do was shake my head at her - then switch back to THOSE EYES.
Then the bell went for the play to re-start - we both carried on gazing until my friend and his friends dragged us off - damn it why didn't I have the courage to walk over and say 'Hello' - would it have harmed anyone - NO. Have I often thought about it - YES!

So Richard - take heed, stop wasting time and please talk to her next pay day.

Lynne

RICHARD
10-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Stop this shilly-shallying and get yourself organised! (End of English lecture! sorry!)

LOL,

Thanks for all the advice.....

She had a HUGE rock on her left hand......But the sparkle is in her eyes...:eek: ;) :o

And this just came across my monitor!!!

Love at first sight

A South African businessman is refusing to leave Croatia until he finds a girl who he spotted across a crowded bar.

Keith Van Der Spuy has never even spoken to the girl but says she was the most beautiful woman he has ever seen.

He has cancelled his flight home and taken out adverts in local newspapers in the port town of Split.

Mr Van Der Spuy says he lost sight of the pretty young woman shortly after she smiled at him across the bar.

But he's convinced she was a local because he heard her calling to a female friend shortly before he lost sight of her.

Van Der Spuy, who is also the head of the South African water-polo association, said he could not get her out of his mind and when he got to the airport realised he could not board the plane.

He has already extended his holiday for four months, and says he is prepared to stay in Split for as long as it takes.

He told Croatian daily Slobodna Dalmacija: "I will not leave this place for years if I have to. When I saw her and she looked at me I knew she was the one. There was pure chemistry between us.

"I can't get her out of my head. I just want to meet her and see her long dark hair and beautiful smile again. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

"If she is married or is not interested I can accept it - but I have to know - I have to see her one more time, and I have even bought a diamond ring for her."

--------------------------------

Good luck Mr Van Der Spuy!!!

moosmom
10-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Maybe in my younger, DRINKING days. But I was probably too drunk to remember, or tripped (I have a VERY bad habit of tripping go up OR down stairs, sober OR drunk) and ended up crawling outta the place on my hands and knees (in a business suit, mine you) from embarassment. That actually DID happen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RICHARD,

WHERE do you come up with these questions??? I guess you ARE in the land of the easily amused. :p :p

RICHARD
10-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by moosmom

RICHARD,

WHERE do you come up with these questions??? I guess you

ARE in the land of the easily amused. :p :p

An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
Wanna see what I built???

------------------------------

LOLOLOL,

One of my favorite personal mottos....

You know.....only a certified mental healthcare worker could answer that. I'm a little afraid to find out.....Of course, I could find a place closer to work!:eek:

RICHARD
11-05-2004, 01:31 PM

She had a HUGE rock on her left hand......But the sparkle is in her eyes...:eek: ;) :o

lolololol,

I was in the bank yesterday and noticed that the ring has migrated to her RIGHT HAND:confused: :eek: :cool:

cookieluver7
11-05-2004, 04:46 PM
NOPE!!! Never had. I might sometime though!

RICHARD
01-27-2006, 05:59 PM
This afternoon I had the most passionate two-floor affair!
(we were on the elevator)

This gal had coffee brown eyes with flecks of green in them.

AND that's all I know!

-----------------------------------------------------

Aerosmith anyone?

"Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
Love in an elevator
Lovin' it up 'til I hit the ground!"

slick
01-27-2006, 08:30 PM
This afternoon I had the most passionate two-floor affair!
(we were on the elevator)
This gal had coffee brown eyes with flecks of green in them.
AND that's all I know!
....and you didn't invite her to the BBQ in July??? Richard...Richard...**shakes head** haven't you heard of "sieze the day??" ;)

RICHARD
01-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Richard...**shakes head** haven't you heard of "sieze the day??" ;)

No But I have heard of "Seizure of the Brain....." :rolleyes:

shais_mom
01-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Sure do and the most memorable oneS (;);)) were in California
and while I love him lots it wasn't the bartender! ;)
and I must admit when I first read the title my thought was Richard you aren't THAT old! :eek: :rolleyes:

moosmom
01-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Yes (I think). I was on my way back from Florida after my daughter's brain surgery. I was coming back from the lavatory when I locked eyes with this guy sitting in the isle seat. It was the strongest feeling I ever had, like I knew him from somewhere. Never saw him again.

THE END

RICHARD
01-30-2006, 11:31 AM
I must admit when I first read the title my thought was Richard you aren't THAT old! :eek: :rolleyes:

Why do I bother? ;)

Those are fighting words....
Keep talking that way and I'll take the glove off!

shais_mom
01-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Why do I bother? ;)

Those are fighting words....
Keep talking that way and I'll take the glove off!
:eek:LMAO!:eek:

Van10
01-30-2006, 11:52 AM
LOL! This has happened to me.

I was walking down the street once when I locked eyes with a small Jack Russell type terrier. He was so adorable! The owner (who was a man) got annoyed and asked me why I was staring because "it was just a dog" to which I replied "Why, are you Jealous"?

That shut him up in a hurry.

He had a good reason to be jealous, that was one cute pooch!

shais_mom
01-30-2006, 11:59 AM
a few months ago I was driving to Findlay and followed this car almost half the way. I ended up beside him when I stopped at the stop light. I felt someone looking at me. I turned my head well actually he was looking into my backseat b/c Keegan was back there - with this big grin on his face. I smiled back at him and he just kept smiling AT Keegan. I didn't quite know what to do so I just watched the lite. ;)
The other day I was at a store paying and I saw this kid to my right wave - I glanced to my left and noone was there - so I looked at him and he waved really big and said HI HOW ARE YOU? I said Good and you? He said FINE! But I am thoroughly convinced that I DON'T know this kid and had never seen him before! I think the person that he was with put him up to it! ;)

dukedogsmom
01-30-2006, 03:34 PM
I had one with two guys in their early 20's. Too funny! I was getting my car washed and detailed. One of the guys came in to tell me he appreciated my music. I had Limp Bizkit in at the time. He said most of the customers either listend to jazz or easy listening. They also liked my Harley Davidson flame boots. It was cute.

Jadapit
01-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Yes, and I will never forget it. ;)

RICHARD
01-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Yes, and I will never forget it. ;)
And then? Details, we want details!

DDM,

Kids with their music and fashion...I'll have to remember that!

cloverfdx
01-31-2006, 08:31 AM
Yep happened last Saturday (Ok i admit we stopped and chatted for a few minutes :o ), We were shopping in the city and i had taken the new dog with us to get her used to all the noises etc, a young (Early 20s) stopped to chat and cuddle the dog. Her & her Mum lol were travelling around Aus from somewhere in Colarado and they were missing their dogs *Sigh*.

I will never see her again but it was realy sweet, walked away blushing like crazy pfft :o.

cloverfdx
02-03-2006, 09:10 AM
My life is brilliant.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.

There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.

*Sigh*

RICHARD
02-03-2006, 11:36 AM
My life is brilliant.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
'Cause I've got a plan.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
Flying high,

*Sigh*

I LOVE IT!!!!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Richard, every time I hear this song I think of you and this thread. :D

James Blunt - You're Beautiful

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
'Cause I've got a plan.

I saw you face in a crowded place,

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
F**king high,

I saw you face in a crowded place,

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Oops, I didn't read this entire thread before I posted, and it looks like someone else thinks the same way I do! :o :D

slick
02-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Debbie, me too! I always think of Richard everytime I hear that song.

I had a 5 min affair with this hunk of man that was ahead of me in the airport security line yesteday. Does that count? :D

dab_20
02-28-2006, 05:18 PM
I was being serious too. :p
I always say "Hey.. look at that pup!"
If my dogs ever knew I was looking at other dogs I think they'd pack up their milkbones and leave.

LOL same with my dogs!

RICHARD
03-02-2006, 04:09 AM
I always think of Richard everytime I hear that song.

I had a 5 min affair with this hunk of man that was ahead of me in the airport security line yesteday. Does that count? :D

Sure does!

"please insert fifty cents for the next three minutes!" ;)

T&P,

DAMN!
I should have done the song myself and had all of you sing background!

It cracks me up to post a thread like this and then find out that I am not the only one....

Pawsitive Thinking
03-02-2006, 05:14 AM
Quite a few times ;) but the most memorable was in the post office queue................... ;)

RICHARD
03-15-2006, 01:39 AM
You're Beautiful?

They play that song on the only radio station I get in the office.

I finally paid attention to it.

thanks T&p for pointing that out... :D

cloverfdx
03-15-2006, 01:52 AM
Pfft i pointed it out first lol :p. It happened again a few weeks back :o, at a Flyball comp of all places.

RICHARD
03-16-2006, 01:47 AM
:o

Clover...
Sorry!

Kudos to you!

We need details! :D

Cincy'sMom
03-16-2006, 07:36 PM
I had just read this thread a few minutes ago, and then logged off to go play with an alarm clock my mom ordered me for Christmas that just came yesterday.

Anyway, I was setting the time and getting the radio all tuned for basketball so I can take it to work tomorrow to listen to the tourney. I found the AM station I wanted, then flipped over to FM, which was also on a station (how often does that happen) "You're beautiful" just happned to be on....

BTW, the alarm clock is a Tony Stewart car :D

cloverfdx
03-17-2006, 05:58 AM
CM how uncanny, but pretty cool :D. Good to hear James Blunt is get air time world wide aswell.

Well Richard (Dang i'm blushing already) she has a couple of dogs and runs with another team, but we often stop for a chat yada yada nothing serious, last comp eye contact was made from a distance and :o... well i was left quite flustered lol. *Sigh* I think it is 4 - 5 weeks before the next comp, and counting.

RICHARD
05-09-2006, 06:32 PM
CM how uncanny, but pretty cool :D. Good to hear James Blunt is get air time world wide aswell.

Well Richard (Dang i'm blushing already) she has a couple of dogs and runs with another team, but we often stop for a chat yada yada nothing serious, last comp eye contact was made from a distance and :o... well i was left quite flustered lol. *Sigh* I think it is 4 - 5 weeks before the next comp, and counting.
Blunt just did an unplugged radio concert for the local station...

Ready?
Here's your line..."Hey, I just happened to notice your dog's collar/harness/
sled...."
Don't plan a speech.
Smile, laugh and don't panic when you do something like poking yourself in the eye when you try to move your hair out of your face! :eek:

---------------------------------------

There was a gal that I met at the door.
Red hair, beautiful eyes and a porcelain skin.

I held the door open for her and my knees buckled as she went by.

RICHARD
06-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Search on the 'net for "98.7 Star"

Blunt did an unplugged concert and they have the video on that site!

RICHARD
11-06-2006, 04:09 AM
Oh boy
I had a hot and nasty 10 S.A. on my tour of jury duty

It was while waiting to find out about a murder trial....

I ended up in group of 150 people...

I was totally panicked because I was just laid off and JD only pays 15 dollars and one way mileage.....

This case could go on for 3 months!!!

Here in Lost Angeles County they put you on a automated system where you call in, for five days, to see if the group you are assigned to has to come in.
You just have to show up one day and it you are not chosen you go home.

I call for four days ---I made it to Friday and had to go in.

It was the day before a religious holiday so I figured that people would want to bug out early.....

One problem solved-

they picked a pool of 150 people...then they wanted us to talk to the judge to see if we could be excused....

Problem two?

Stay at the back of the line and waste the morning...

That is where I saw her....

She was really attractive and was freaking married and she was there with come gal she knew.

We made eye contact for the hour we were in line. I got to ride the elevator back to the Jury Room with her--she smelled good and we were both excused at the same time....I even got to walk out to the parking structure at the same time.

We exchanged a few words on the sidewalk at the corner and she went her way and I went mine..

It was really good and it lasted more that 10 seconds....

dukedogsmom
11-06-2006, 04:19 AM
No fair that it lasted longer than 10 seconds.

cloverfdx
11-06-2006, 05:37 AM
lol Richard that is sweet.. well not that she was married ;).

Ready?
Here's your line..."Hey, I just happened to notice your dog's collar/harness/
sled...."
Don't plan a speech.
Smile, laugh and don't panic when you do something like poking yourself in the eye when you try to move your hair out of your face!
Ohh dear i only just saw this.. the hair and eye thing is completly possible, i have a habit of poking myself in the eyes :o. Good news though we have been hanging out at comps a bit lately helping one anothers teams out.. we have a comp this coming weekend :D.

pnance
11-08-2006, 11:08 PM
No fair that it lasted longer than 10 seconds.

I have to agree....you need to start another thread for that one...lets see the "1 hour affair" or maybe "forget civic duty, the real reason to go to jury duty".... :D

RICHARD
11-09-2006, 02:09 AM
I have to agree....you need to start another thread for that one...lets see the "1 hour affair" or maybe "forget civic duty, the real reason to go to jury duty".... :D

lolololol,

One hour??
That reminds me of the 'warning' they give you at the end of those Cialis/viagra commericals--

If your eyesight goes, you pass out or start to bleed from the ears call your doctor-that will teach you to take pills to score...

CountryWolf07
11-09-2006, 07:54 AM
The story of my life!

My life is brilliant.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
'Cause I've got a plan.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
Flying high,

*Sigh*

cmayer31
11-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Had to post yes! I disqualify myself because I still see her now and then and each time we make eye contact it is just as fun as the first.

GreyhoundGirl
11-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Yes, to a waiter, but a very handsome one ;)

shais_mom
11-28-2006, 10:28 AM
As soon as this happened yesterday at the hospital where my dad had surgery I was thinking - I gotta find Richard's thread on PT!
my mom and I were eating lunch with one of her friends and her daughter (her husband was having surgery the same hospital as my dad was) and there was this young-ish guy walking out of the cafeteria with his lunch - all decked out in his surgery scrubs and hat and mask around his neck, and I was smiling at something someone said and I glanced up, our eyes locked, he smiled I glanced away and back and smiled - he smiled bigger --
and walked out the door - never to be seen again!

slick
11-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Well Staci, I did sent Dr. Pete over there to keep watch to make sure everything would turn out alright. ;)

cloverfdx
11-29-2006, 06:11 AM
Do we ever get "too old" for this sort of thing?
Oh i hope not, that would make life so boring :o.

shais_mom
11-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Well Staci, I did sent Dr. Pete over there to keep watch to make sure everything would turn out alright. ;)
it worked! ;) now I'm sending him back to you - so you will be alright! :)

Suki Wingy
11-29-2006, 03:35 PM
it's happened a good few times. I still think about one particular person who would frequent my old barn.

CountryWolf07
11-29-2006, 04:08 PM
As soon as this happened yesterday at the hospital where my dad had surgery I was thinking - I gotta find Richard's thread on PT!
my mom and I were eating lunch with one of her friends and her daughter (her husband was having surgery the same hospital as my dad was) and there was this young-ish you walking out of the cafeteria with his lunch - all decked out in his surgery scrubs and hat and mask around his neck, and I was smiling at something someone said and I glanced up, our eyes locked, he smiled I glanced away and back and smiled - he smiled bigger --
and walked out the door - never to be seen again!

*GASP* What if that was McDreamy?!!? ;)

RICHARD
05-15-2007, 10:53 PM
I had a TSA at the expense of my brother. :D

Last week we were moving some office furniture out of a building.

THere was a really cute brunette thatwas walking around the lobby- then she disappeared. We went out to the truck and loaded some stuff into it and made our way back to the door.

THis gal, my brother and I made it to the door at the same time.

My brother, being the gentleman he is, opened the door for her.

I locked eyes with her (lightning bolts flying) and she says, "Thank you!"

I smiled and told her she was thanking the wrong guy.

So she thanked him, shot another 250,000 votls my way and walked off into the sunset.

--------

Dang little brothers-always ruining a good time! ;) :D

RICHARD
01-08-2008, 01:43 AM
I've fallen in love with a llama!

There is a fruit stand/pet zoo in Fillmore Ca that has the most beautiful llama living there....
I am in love! :D

Genny
01-08-2008, 08:37 PM
this is a weird question but i guess i will answer it.
i don't know if it were a love affair--more like a crush or something..but there's this guy that looks at me and smiles whenever i go in where he works..he always stares into my eyes so i think he likes me..i finally got enough courage to talk to him the other day but i don't know what else to say to him..he seems like a shy guy and won't say anything unless i talk to him first... :rolleyes: :D

Catty1
01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
originall posted by teenster3 (AGES ago!)
He'll even tell you it's ok to flirt, it's where you take it....to the next level, etc. that gets people into trouble!

My former husband and I were musicians, and were playing at a resort. The manager and a couple of guys and my hubby went to a local bar. (this is small-town Orillia Ontario!). They had strippers there, which didn't bother me in the least - and the manager repeated his own motto: "It doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you eat at home!" :D

Oh, I have found a few dimes, and pennies - occasionally a loonie or quarter! ;)

RICHARD - but does the llama love YOU? And don't get me started on "shaggy" hair.... :rolleyes: :D

RICHARD
07-13-2008, 08:50 AM
I was at the post office last week and had one.

I was at the counter and the gal working it was really pretty.

IT got to the point where we had to look at the counter to keep from staring at each other.

I fancied her, I think she wouldn't make eye contact because I grossed her out.:eek::confused:

mugsy
07-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Richard...you have issues!! lol;):D Why in the world would she be grossed out? Do you have 6 heads or what??

I don't believe you!

I WANT A PICTURE!

Oh and YES, I have....

Suki Wingy
07-13-2008, 11:55 AM
I can't believe I actually rememberd this thread! When it poped up on the first page my first thought was, "Hey, that's a really, really old thread!"

RICHARD
07-13-2008, 01:59 PM
I can't believe I actually rememberd this thread! When it poped up on the first page my first thought was, "Hey, that's a really, really old thread!"

Love never gets old.

Neither does leering at good looking women.:D

----------------

Less than six, more than one.:eek:

Suki Wingy
07-13-2008, 02:48 PM
or men. :)

CountryWolf07
07-13-2008, 05:54 PM
While walking with the boyfriend at Blossom Music Center seeing 3 Doors Down on Friday night, this guy was staring at me while I walked by and Mike was pushing me to walk faster, obviously he noticed. ;)

jennielynn1970
07-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Richard...you have issues!! lol;):D Why in the world would she be grossed out? Do you have 6 heads or what??

I don't believe you!

I WANT A PICTURE!

Well, he can't have 6 heads, if he did, the cheetos would have gotten into at least one of those 6 mouths, and not into his eyes, lol. :p ;)

I have no idea what Richard looks like either.

I say he needs to post one here or on the new "Let's see you" thread. It is nice to know who we are chatting with. 6 heads, or no. ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-14-2008, 05:37 AM
Happened to me very recently. The minute he walked on stage I just felt it - proceeded to make me laugh and cry within half an hour...........but now I'd like my heart back please

RICHARD
11-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Had not had one for a long time!

I went into the bank to do some business and had to talk to the lady that worked as a special projects person.

It was fun.

She was cute and dressed to the 9's.

It made the rest of my day enjoyable!

RICHARD
12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
LOL.

I shop at a local store and one of the bagger gals is a pretty girl with curly brown hair and green eyes.

I had noticed her before, but never gave her a fifth look.;)

I stopped off after school and bought a beer.

The cashier rang it up and from behind me the bagger gal ran up and grabbed the beer.

She placed it in the bag and picked it up so quickly that the bag split and the cans went everywhere.

I looked down and she was already a bright red. As she grabbed up the cans to put into another bag the cashier asked me if I wanted new cans.

I made eye contact with the BG and said, 'It don't matter, when you are drunk, you spill it anyways...'

She laughed, I grabbed my beer and left.

LOL, It was my first threesome!:eek::confused::D

Cincy'sMom
12-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Last Friday night, just before midnight, I am walking through Hollywood casino.
I stop.
He appraoches.
My husband says "what do you see?"
I can't answer.
I've made eye contact.
My mind freezes.
"Hi" is all I can mutter
"Hi" He says as he continues past. But wait! I turn. "how are you are" I tryto keep this going.
"Good. How are you tonight" And he is gone.

But wait...he is circling around. I can't look like I am stalking. What do I do?
My husband steps forward.
"Congratulations on a great season" He says.
"Thanks" comes the reply, with that classic crooked smile and a wink.
And it was over.

A wink! I didn't get a wink!!! (at least not until the next day!)

RICHARD
02-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Three in three days....

The last one was this morning at the dollar store....

They had some music playing in the store and as I walked up she began to sing along.....

The girl knows and remembers me because when I put my stuff on the counter she reaches for a plastic bag, then stops and winks at me...

"No bag!"

I think this was a 15 Second Affair, we were having a grand old time.:D

slick
06-29-2014, 04:03 PM
Just have to resurrect this thread. I have just returned home from a 10-day road trip to Alberta to visit some friends. While I was there I became very ill and had to go to the ER. After they ran a series of tests and I'm lying there in all my glory, save a hospital gown, in walks this doctor, and I mean....doctor. He was tall, dark and extremely handsome. Our eyes locked and we both smiled at each other at the same time. My knees felt weak and all I could think about was "how do I look?":confused:

Diagnosis was bacterial pneumonia and during our 10 min "affair" he actually listened to my chest - heart pounding and all.

Holy crap was his good looking.

Karen
06-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Just have to resurrect this thread. I have just returned home from a 10-day road trip to Alberta to visit some friends. While I was there I became very ill and had to go to the ER. After they ran a series of tests and I'm lying there in all my glory, save a hospital gown, in walks this doctor, and I mean....doctor. He was tall, dark and extremely handsome. Our eyes locked and we both smiled at each other at the same time. My knees felt weak and all I could think about was "how do I look?":confused:

Diagnosis was bacterial pneumonia and during our 10 min "affair" he actually listened to my chest - heart pounding and all.

That reminds me of a time many years ago, when I had ignored a cold, and ended up at my doctor's office, as my asthma had kicked in to an alarming rate. They ended up calling an ambulance to take me to the hospital (which was a whole block and a half away, I could have walked ...) and it must have been a slow day because not only did the ambulance show up, so did a second ambulance, a firetruck and two police cars. So I was escorted out on a gurney that was nice and padded and had me in a relatively upright position, just lounging back a little, so I felt like Cleopatra, and gave a regal wave as the 5 very strapping, good-looking young men (and one older guy) wheeled me through the office. I comment to one of the gals in the office later, "It was a shame, as I am happily married, so all that was wasted on me," and she replied, "Trust me is wasn't wasted - some of us single ladies quite enjoyed the show!"

pomtzu
06-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah - I go thru this every time I get to see my spine surgeon. He's in his late 40's and looks like a college kid - is single - and super nice too. I even get a hug from him on some of my appointments. He's a hotty...............if only I wasn't old enough to be his mother! :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-30-2014, 03:31 PM

Oh my Slick, and just cannot stop laughing :):p:)....!!

And..... yes, i plead.... guilty too.... :eek:

RICHARD
06-30-2014, 04:35 PM
When began working, all the doctors - this was about the mid 70's - we the left overs from the recent wars. They were all cranky old guys and the women doctors were few and far in between.

As the years went by, the physicians became younger and younger - with more women filling out the ranks. By the time I stopped working, it seemed like all the new doctors had just put down their Legos and Barbies and walked into the buildings to begin working.

------------

When I ended up in the hospital, I was truly staggered at the baby faces I saw - It was a teaching hospital, so they were really young!

-------------

I was asleep one morning and a woman's voice woke me up. I looked up and my heart stopped. A 10 second affair.

It belonged to a doctor who wanted to me my internal medicine doctor - At first I thought it was a joke, she was young and attractive and I thought, "She is not a doctor - she is way too pretty".

After I got out of the hospital, she took over my care and everything was good.

--------------

As part of my 'rehab' I took my blood pressure readings daily and recorded the numbers in a book.

When I brought the book in to show Dr. B, she was kinda confused.

They were normal, until I got to the office on my check up days.

-------

She took my book to ask another doctor about it and came back in a few minutes later. She told me I have 'White Coat Disease'.

WCD is a joke about a patient getting anxious about seeing a doctor - the BP goes up in anticipation of seeing a doctor.

We shared a laugh about it and I thought, "Dang, what a way to be found out.....betrayed by my own heart......" :D:rolleyes:

cloverfdx
07-01-2014, 09:33 AM
It must be a doctor thing lol. I had a lovely young Doc look after me a few weeks back in ER. I didn't mind all that much about still being there at 1am.

I hope you are recovering from your affair and illness Slick ;).