PDA

View Full Version : EEEK! Snake Rescue.

Kfamr
10-12-2004, 01:45 PM
My dad was outside with the big mutts [Simba and Nala] while I was inside working with Kiara on her tricks.

The dogs were in the yard while my dad was on our back porch. The dogs chased a snake into the porch, but had thought it went in the back of it, instead of inside. My dad jumped up and closed the door so they couldn't come inside and it couldn't go out.

He came inside and told me, while he was getting things to catch it with [a small trash can and cardboard to slip under it]

Well, he caught it and he WAS going to kill it. No matter how much I dislike snakes I refused to let him kill it. So, I suggested going down the road where there's a large feild.

I walked way far back into the feild and released it. ( I have spurs and hitchhikers on my pants and shoes to prove it! :p )

I have to admit I was terrified the whole time.... but I think I would have cried if he did kill it.

Ah.. pointless post but I thought i'd share. :p

ramanth
10-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Yay for saving the snake!

I once saved a snake that was trapped by the tail under the tire of a motorhome. I cradled the snake while the owners pulled forward a little and I could pull the snake free. :)

Barbara
10-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Good for you saving the snake. :D

The snake will be very happy from its point of view that it could escape and will have a story to tell (if they have a forum in the snake internet of course;) )

dappledoxie
10-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Good job Kay, you saved the snake. I would've been scared too, snakes are one of my fears.

K9soul
10-12-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm very glad to hear you saved it. My step-grandfather used to kill snakes whenever he ran across them (they lived out in the country), and it always upset me so much. I was in southern Missouri at that time, and I was nervous/wary because it wasn't too uncommon to see copperheads and water moccasins but I still didn't want to see them killed. I couldn't bear the thought of extinguishing the life of a creature that was only trying to do its own thing and survive.

CathyBogart
10-12-2004, 03:33 PM
YAY! Thanks!! ^_^ Hopefully the little snake has learned his lesson about big puppies. :)