PDA

View Full Version : @@china.com??????

RICHARD
10-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Father wanted to name son '@'

A father in central China has been refused permission to name his son '@'.

The dad wanted to name his son after keyboard character that appears in every email address, arguing it was now in common usage.

But officials in Zhengzhou, Henan province, refused to register the name on a legal technicality, the Beijing Morning Post reported.

Under Chinese law, all names must be capable of being translated into Mandarin.
----------------------------------------------

lolololol..

Nice to know that there are people willing to torture their children all across the world!

slick
10-12-2004, 12:15 PM
So how would you pronounce it? at? :confused:

That's as bad as those mothers in the sixties naming their children "Sunbeam", "Meadow", "Stardust", the list goes on and on. :D

DJFyrewolf36
10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
At least he didn't want to name his son @$$ lol :D

neko1
10-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
At least he didn't want to name his son @$$ lol :D

LOL:D

RICHARD
10-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by slick
So how would you pronounce it? at? :confused:

That's as bad as those mothers in the sixties naming their children "Sunbeam", "Meadow", "Stardust", the list goes on and on. :D

My peeve is with 'sports names' ....;)

I was watching a football game and, I kid you not, two player names were Tiyoka and Courtney..

Now,
If I were named Courtney, I'd have to play football......after getting teased, I'd have to be tough!

Tiyoka???? No clue whatsoever.

I have a name peeve anyway....My job is hard enough looking for Jeremy- but then I'm see that it's spelled Jeremi, Jayramee or Jayremi.

Miranda_Rae
10-12-2004, 01:48 PM
what a LOVELY name :rolleyes: :p I know someone whose name is Vegas....why would you name your kid that? :confused:

Quoted by Richard: I was watching a football game and, I kid you not, two player names were Tiyoka and Courtney..

One of my friends is named Courtney...she plays basketball....lol :)

slick
10-12-2004, 02:38 PM
LOL
I was just reading some entertainment news about Gwyneth Paltrow.

I didn't know she named her daughter Apple. :rolleyes:

Poor kid. I can just hear the jokes flying now.