PDA

View Full Version : My husband and the drunk driver

DJFyrewolf36
10-12-2004, 11:14 AM
This is kind of funny but sad at the same time...

My husband was going to a client yesterday and this guy in a truck (Mind you, the hubby is using my Festiva...this thing is a soda can with tires) was coming up on his bumper really fast and honking his horn and yelling obcenites. John was afraid he was going to get ran over so he took a turn real quick to get out of the way. The moron in the truck must have gotten spooked because he suddenly lost control of the car and ran into someones brick fence!! The guy totaled the truck, and when John drove by again the cops had the guy cuffed and stuffed in a police car and were pulling out beer bottles from the truck. :eek:

Stupid drunk driver, someone could have gotten really hurt. And this was at 2 in the afternoon too!

Tonya
10-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Good! Serves him right! In fact, that accident may have saved a life. Hopefully it slows him down from drinking and driving.

One time a few years ago, this van flew by me on the freeway. It was going way to fast, weaving in and out of traffic, and it was pulling a trailer that was way to big for a minivan.

Well, 20 minutes later, traffic stopped on the freeway. When we came up on the accident, it was the van, it had flipped. Ihave to admit, I took some personal satisfaction on seeing that the idiots had crashed. The men were standing on the side of the road ok so I am not to demented. :p

dappledoxie
10-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Ugh, that sucks for your husband, but hopefully the drunk driver will learn a lesson, if he's like my father though, he won't. ARgh...Some people....

ramanth
10-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Eeks! I'm glad your husband is okay and I hope the drunk driver cools his heels off in jail for awhile. :mad:

Tonya, a similar thing happened to my parents and I. A drunk driver in a oversized truck was riding on my dad's bumper so my dad drove onto the shoulder so the guy would pass.

He flew down the road, weaving in and out of traffic. Too bad this was before cell phones or we could of called 911.

Unfortunately he plowed head on into a car full of students and killed 3 out of the 4 in the car. :( (My mom helped saved the life of the 4th kid)

Stupid drunk lived and tried to flee the scene on foot. :mad: :mad:

davidpizzica
10-12-2004, 04:18 PM
DJF, I am SO glad that your husband is safe! I hope that drunk is spending his time in jail. I have an idiot co-worker that says "I drive even better drunk" He would be the one I'd worry about being on the same road as me!

DJFyrewolf36
10-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by david p
DJF, I am SO glad that your husband is safe! I hope that drunk is spending his time in jail. I have an idiot co-worker that says "I drive even better drunk" He would be the one I'd worry about being on the same road as me!

I hope that moron STAYS in jail too. Probibly didnt have insurance either. Sigh...people are ssssssoooo stupid!

DJFyrewolf36
10-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Edit:

I just found the little story about him in the Police Blotter today:

• A 28-year-old Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving, failure to maintain lane, driving without a valid license and having an open container of alcohol in vehicle. Bail was set at $1,606.

At least he went to jail and at that bail, Im sure he stayed there for a while.

davidpizzica
10-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Edit:

I just found the little story about him in the Police Blotter today:

• A 28-year-old Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving, failure to maintain lane, driving without a valid license and having an open container of alcohol in vehicle. Bail was set at $1,606.

At least he went to jail and at that bail, Im sure he stayed there for a while. That guy better thank his lucky stars that he was caught, becauce if he wasn't, he might have gone on and killed somebody!