PDA

View Full Version : Litter Sprayer

mina'smomma
10-12-2004, 07:42 AM
Ok I'm glad Mina is using a litter box, but can anyone tell me how to get her to quit throwing her litter all over the kitche floor?

prechrswife
10-12-2004, 07:51 AM
If you find the key to that, let me know. My only piece of advice is keep a broom nearby. Also, if you keep some kind of a rug under and slightly in front of the litter box, it helps with some of the spraying/tracking in that a good portion of the litter stays on the rug instead of the floor.

sirrahbed
10-12-2004, 08:02 AM
I keep one of those little whisk brooms and dustpan sets close by to do quick pickups. Dusty's advice of a rug is also good as it seems to grab the little particles and you can just shake it out from time to time. When Mina is bigger, you might try one of the Rubbermaid-type tubs with the tall sides. That has been one of my BEST purchases at controlling the dreaded "sandy beach":D

cruisetime
10-12-2004, 08:08 AM
I'm new to cats but when I picked mine up at the shelter a week ago (she is 2-1/2 years old) they told me she did that too and that I might want to get a covered litter box. Well we had a covered litterbox given to us and it seems that that really helps. If she does throw it it stays inside. Also noticed that when I changed to clumping litter from clay litter she didn't seem to fling it so much. Just ideas.....:) Debbie

catmandu
10-12-2004, 08:46 AM
If anyone finds out how,please let me know,so I can stop the Engineers,Moose and JJJ3!

jazzcat
10-12-2004, 09:15 AM
I'd love the secret to that mystery too.

I'm not used to having a litter box in my house, the cats have a litterbox room in the garage they access through a pet door. Now with the kittens I've got their box in the cage in the kitchen and I must sweep 10 times a day. I can't stand it! I guess I will try putting a rug under their cage/litterbox and see if it helps.

I'll be glad when they are big enough to go through the pet door out to their private bath.

prechrswife
10-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Jazzcat,
I understand where you are coming from. One of the issues with being a pastor's wife is living in parsonages. In our last parsonage, we had an indoor utility room where the litter boxes were kept. We also had a basement, which would have been another option. Here, we have to keep the boxes in the house. Currently, they are in the spare bedroom, and the sweeping drives me crazy.