PDA

View Full Version : HELP bring LUCKY and LOUIE to BOSTON!!

rinkrat
10-11-2004, 10:25 PM
HELP! I know that many of you have followed their story. I am the transport organizer of the transport that they hope to get on. They NEED to get to Boston so that they can be adopted! They have been through so much. I need to get this transport filled by tuesday (tomorrow) night, when their foster dad can bring them to Georgia to meet my transport for the weekend! They sound like such sweeties. Here is the link to their story, in case you have missed it: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=59267&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Please tell everyone you know on this route, I've gotta get these kitties home! A few even have approved adopters waiting for their arrival!!!

Here is my transport request:
****PLEASE CROSSPOST*****
GA to MA 10/16-10/17-kitties need out of shelter!!!

6 cats and kittens (all friendly, lovable, highly adoptable) need transport from kill shelter
Madison Oglethorpe Animal Shelter in Danielsville, GA
http://www.moaspets.org/MOAScats2004.html
to approved independant rescuer Brooke Saxton in Boston, MA
rinkratscores @ hockeymail.com (remove spaces)
please email Brooke if you can help or have any re-routing suggestions
Passengers:
Will be spayed/neutered and vaccinated prior to transport
Minnie: female tabby
October: Russian Blue X female
Melody: torti 4 month old female
Spicey and Saucy: 8 week old black fuzzy kittens
1 TBA
Lucky & Louie: 8 month old male kitties rescued from near death
1 or 2 hitchhikers welcome!

Leg 1:
Danielsville, GA to Anderson, SC
50.94 miles (1 hour 23 minutes)
8:00am-9:30am

Leg 2:
FILLED! THANKS LOGAN!!!
Anderson, SC TO Spartanburg, SC
64 miles (1 hour 13 minutes)
9:40am-10:45am

Leg 3:
Spartanburg, SC TO Charlotte, NC
76 miles (1 hour 23 minutes)
10:55am-12:20pm

Leg 4:
FILLED! THANKS SARAH!!!!
Charlotte, NC TO Salisbury, NC
43.03 miles (49 minutes)
12:30pm-1:20pm

Leg 5:
FILLED! THANKS ANN!!!!
Salisbury, NC TO Greensboro, NC
52 miles (1 hour)
1:30pm-2:30pm

Leg 6:
Greensboro, NC TO Durham, NC
54 miles (58 minutes)
2:40pm-3:40pm

Leg 7:
Durham, NC TO South Hill, VA
73 miles (1 hour 15 minutes)
3:50pm-5:10pm

Leg 8:
South Hill, VA TO Ashland, VA
87 miles (1 hour 32 minutes)
5:20pm-6:50pm

Leg 9:
Ashland, VA TO Springfield, VA
79 miles (1 hour 15 minutes)
7:00pm-8:15pm

***OVERNIGHT NEEDED AROUND LEGS 9, 10 or 11****
Leg 10:
FILLED! Thanks Cheryl!!!
Springfield, VA TO Baltimore, MD
53 miles (1 hour)
9:25pm-10:25pm

Leg 11:
Baltimore, MD TO Newark, DE
57 miles (1 hour)
11:35pm-12:35pm

Leg 12:
Newark, DE TO Cherry Hill, NJ
50 miles (1 hour)

Leg 13:
Cherry Hill, NJ TO Edison, NJ
60 miles (1 hour)

Leg 14:
Edison, NJ TO White Plains, NY
66 miles (1 hour 15 minutes)

Leg 15:
White Plains, NY TO Berlin, CT
81 miles (1 hour 28 minutes)

Leg 16:
POSSIBLY FILLED
Berlin, CT to Worcester, MA
75 miles (1 hour 17 minutes)

Thank you to whoever can help bring these kitties to safety to find their forever loving homes

jazzcat
10-11-2004, 10:34 PM
I hope you guys get this worked out. Hopefully we will have some PTers in those areas who can help. Best of luck.

leslie
10-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Oh What a sweetie you are! My head spins! I don't know of ANY cat talkers along the coastline although there must be some! oy oy oy! YOU are so sweet to put a post here! I have been basically depressed and given up. Especially after Saturday when a local rescuer said she never takes cats from out of state , "because we have enough here" , The difference is the shelters in the south kill. KILL. We told her that and she shrugged her shoulders. It is so easy to get overwhelmed. This particular saviour of cats is facing court problems because of her cat rescues... I am NOT going to argue her point... I have not heard from Dusty's People at all.

leslie
10-11-2004, 10:51 PM
That last leg in New Jersey, I could probably do, I would have to drive down there. but I know someone will give me directions? And we don't know fer sure if Lucky and Louie are making the trip? Or have you been in contact?

Logan
10-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Brooke, I have just sent you an email. I should be able to take the Anderson, SC to Spartanburg, SC leg on Saturday with no problem. :)

leslie
10-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Oops don't want to give you hope of another transporter! Just that I forgot to say WELCOME TO PET TALK!! I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD JOIN US!!!!!!

Logan
10-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Should this be crossposted to other places on Pet Talk for more exposure? If so, I hope someone will copy and paste it wherever it might be effective.

Logan

leslie
10-11-2004, 11:10 PM
THANKS LOGAN! THAT's a big chunk of driving. you are a sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

rinkrat
10-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Leslie! Hopefully soon I will be able to post on other topics that are not so urgent! I'm getting worried the closer it gets. Logan, you are wonderful! And yes, please crosspost this everywhere you can think of! Email friends who live along the route! We can make this happen, and get Lucky and Louie on board!

emily_the_spoiled
10-12-2004, 07:59 AM
The transport is scheduled for this weekend and I am taking the Springfield to Baltimore run.

So anyone who is able please contact Brooke, we need to get these guys up north.

Cheryl

cruisetime
10-12-2004, 08:25 AM
I'm in Texas or I'd help. But this may help. I went to the shelter to look at a bobtail cat they had. THere was a beautiful calico tabby girl but they said she wasn't adoptable. I asked why and they said they got her today on an owner release and she is pregnant - too pregnant for an abortion. The next day I went to buy the bobtail cat I had gone to look at and asked about the beautiful tabby girl cat and they had already killed her - they wanted to hurry up while she was pregnant otherwise they would have to kill all the kittens too.... It was very sad and made me realise how much I don't think anyone needs to be breeding any cats - we have too many that are killed everyday. I think I read that 70% get killed in the shelters. I think it was actually higher down here. If it is an owner release they kill them right away unlike the strays they keep for 72 hours only.......... Debbie

QueenScoopalot
10-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Welcome to Pettalk Rinkrat. Glad to see this back up & running, and hope it keeps getting bumped until Lucky & Louie are up here in Ma! Jan

catmandu
10-12-2004, 08:36 AM
I dont drive myself,so I cant help.The Found Cats,are Praying,that all works out,for Lucky,and Louie,to get thier Furr Ever Homes!

rinkrat
10-12-2004, 10:16 AM
That story about the pregnant cat is so sad. It happens quite a bit, and with mom to be dogs, too :(

In good news-one more leg filled!!!

If one leg is too long, and you can do part of one, don't hesitate to volunteer!! Maybe someone else is thinking the same thing and can take the other half :)

mina'smomma
10-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Sorry I'm in Michigan or I would help

mina'smomma
10-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Dang it and I just moved here from New York otherwise I could do that.

Equus217
10-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Hey guys...I don't know if it's too late to help or not. I have to work tomorrow but I could probably could squeak a hour or so away. I am in columbia though....leg #3 is Spartanburg to Charlotte....

is anyone in Spartanburg that can get to Columbia....and I'll got to charlotte??

emily_the_spoiled
10-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Contact Brooke and let her know your availability...

rinkrat
10-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks, Equus217! It took me a while to figure that out since I'm not familiar with the area! I had to stare at a map for a while! Anyone can email me or post or send me a message if they can do that plan :)
I just found out that I HAVE to get the shelter cats out by saturday or I lose my hold on them and they have a high chance of euthanization if this happens :( I still have a bunch of legs to fill, I'm so worrried :( :( :(

lynnestankard
10-12-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm just hoping and praying all this comes together - I've sent this thread to my daughter Diane and she's just emailed back to say she's sent it to simply everyone they know - fingers crossed.

Lynne

rinkrat
10-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks! I need all the help I can get!

Logan
10-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Equus217
Hey guys...I don't know if it's too late to help or not. I have to work tomorrow but I could probably could squeak a hour or so away. I am in columbia though....leg #3 is Spartanburg to Charlotte....

is anyone in Spartanburg that can get to Columbia....and I'll got to charlotte??

That's really out of the way to go to Columbia, but if you can meet me at the intersection of I-26 and I-85 and go to Charlotte from there, it would be great. I'm actually going to leave Greenville, drive west to Anderson, then back east, past Greenville, to go to Spartanburg, so I'm going out of the way too.

Wanted to make sure, too, that you realize that this is for Saturday, 10/16, not tomorrow.

Hope you can help.
Logan

leslie
10-12-2004, 10:44 PM
If per chance, Lucky and Louie can't get to GA to make this transport, are all still going to keep their commitment to rest of cats on this leg? See original post! I am still trying to get them to GA but found out they did not get their vaccines in time to go tomorrow. That doesn't mean they won't make it, we shall see... Anyone here from Mississippi area? (kidding but not really!)

QueenScoopalot
10-13-2004, 02:33 PM
*bump* Come on Pters put on your thinking caps!

rinkrat
10-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Things are not looking good for transport. I can't fill it and the cats need to be out of the shelter by this weekend, or I lose my hold on them, which means they are back in danger. I am trying to find a ride for them to the Atlanta airport. I've worked too hard for them to be back in grave danger now. It's expensive, and I don't have much money, but I just wouldn't be able to go to bed with all of those faces from their pictures in my head.

puppyluvs
10-13-2004, 07:27 PM
I'll be praying for sure !

leslie
10-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Can we at least shorten the flight by combining the driving volunteers here with a flight? I could pick them up at an airport farther away from Boston if it would cost you less!!! Do you have pics you can post here and tell us how you learned about them and why you chose them of all the kitties across the country in need of homes? (they must have a special-ness about them that tugged on your heart string!!). When you have time of course.. This bites!

leslie
10-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Does anyone know how to cross post and do we need permission from Karen or Paul first? I think Pet Rescue may be a good place to post this! Anyone?

Logan
10-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Leslie, I think very few people go to Pet Rescue. And things move so quickly in General, but that might be the best place to crosspost it. Perhaps if you drop a PM to Karen, she will do that, or just start a new thread, pointing back to this one.

Logan

rinkrat
10-13-2004, 10:10 PM
That would be great if the flight could be shortened! I just can't let them down now. I haven't met them, but I've gotten attatched. I'll try my best to tell the story of how I found them. I go on petfinder all of the time, and get depressed of course seeing all of the animals who are going to be euthanized. I found this one orange kitten from Spalding County, GA who had no one and was going to be put to sleep. I had to do something so I adopted him. I found him a paid kennel and after lots of emailing from transport groups, I brought him home. He turned out to be the cutest little thing. Well, I had just found out about craigslist.com not too long before that, and had seen tons of people looking for kittens. I felt so bad that since I had one, I couldn't help anyone else. I put out an ad to see if any of the people looking for kittens would be a good home. I found a wonderful mom to two females (spayed of course) and she hit it off with Thumper right away. He's so happy with her and his new playmates. Even though I still miss him very much, it freed me up to take on this mission. I was following a plea on petfinder to save some cats (in Georgia again), but it didn't work out. Someone saw what I was doing, and invited me to join the yahoo group "kittycityrescue" which I did. Through there, I read a post from a women who runs a rescue and works with the shelter the cats are at now. She was looking for help to move some cats out because the shelter was and still is way too overcrowded. I went to their website, and saw October, the most beautiful girl with ORANGE eyes! I tried to find rescuers for her on petfinder, but no one offered. Since I had brought up the orange kitten, I thought that just maybe I could do the same with October, only plan my own transport. While I was at it, I had to save a few more lives, too! These kitties most caught my attention on their site: [url]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kizah2000/album?.dir=/19f9&.src=ph The link should work. Sometimes I think I do something wrong and it doesn't. Minnie didn't have much time left at all, and she is so pretty. Melody is such a cutie. Spicy and Saucy looked so adorable. Phyllis looks like a cow! Willow (not pictured) looks like Melody and Allene (not pictured) loves dogs, and is most likely going to a family who has dogs and needed such a cat! MOAS is wonderful, they spayed all these cats, and vaccinated them. Their website link is in my first post on this thread. So, it was October who drew me to them. I didn't mean to end up with 8, but I felt so bad leaving so many still behind. I have potential homes lined up for a few. Of course the kittens go quick, but I had to give a few cats older than 8 weeks old a chance at life, too. I can't have 8 cats for very long though, I think I'd get overwhelmed, and then I'd be called a cat lady!

Karen
10-13-2004, 10:26 PM
So Leslie Lucky and Louie can't make the transport? I got lost trying to follow the thread. What's happening now? Manchester NH airport is easy to get to, as in the airport in Providence, RI, dunno about Hartford or other New England beside Logan airports ...

leslie
10-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Hi karen! Well, they need to be vaccinated in order to go on an airplane for sure. For ground travel, some people require the health certificates and at least distemper vaccines (especially traveling with other animals in the car). Anyway, yesterday, Kevlin had a job in GA and would have maybe been an opportunity to get L and L to the shelter there to join Brook's (rinkrat) cats who are awaiting the move out of the shelter and all go together to MA. But they have not been vaccinated yet so are still in LA. I don't know if there is a possiblility of them getting a vet appt. by the weekend. the problem is the vet hours conflicting with Dusty's peoples work hours! So yes, they may indeed be missing this trip be it ground, air or mix of the 2...It would be less costly to put them with Brooks (cheaper in bulk so to speak).
Where is an appropriate place to cross post the legs needed to fill as we are still hoping they will miraculously be filled before the weekend?! and I don't know how to do a cross post... Thanks for asking about the boys!

leslie
10-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Oh and Brook, I couldn't open the url!! WA!

QueenScoopalot
10-14-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by leslie
Oh and Brook, I couldn't open the url!! WA!

Don't cry Leslie...http://www.moaspets.org/index.html The link was up top as Brook stated. I can see how easy it is to get attached to those little faces in need. I don't understand what "no longer available" means. I suspect these have been killed, but not sure. :( Also it states on one page that "transport is available to licensed shelters". Meaning anywhere? Or the immediate area of their shelter. :confused:

Karen
10-14-2004, 06:35 AM
Just copy the URL for this thread, and then post it in other forums - dog rescue, General, etc., with a short description - these legs still needed for transport of kitties - and use the URL to link back to here!

Laura's Babies
10-14-2004, 07:39 AM
I talked to Kevlin last night and he is real sick and was on his way home. I am home now so maybe I can help on getting these guys shots to get their shots if they can't get them over to the vets to get them.. Only problem would be getting IM their house to get them but maybe he and I can work something out on that. Also, let me make some phone calls and see what I can possiably do to get some transportation to help get these babies to where they are going. Don't know if I can help but will TRY!

I have a LOT to do these next few days but if things are still at a stand still maybe I can help somehow...

leslie
10-14-2004, 08:36 PM
OK Laura! Help! But no need for vaccines if you can get them here via friends and family..
Any chance of finding a local rescue group to take them in? It has been of concern here that it would be in their interest to stay southern, not to put them through long trips and also that if a local shelter/rescue group took them in, THEY would arrange all the transport after I adopt them. ("adopt" to get them to "safe" area!) I know you are busy but have been waiting for you to come home to run this buy you!!!!!!!!!!

leslie
10-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Ok I have cross posted to a few other threads the run. I do hope some more people sign up and do not understand why the first run has not been filled by local Georgian's!! (in Danielsville!) I hope you didn't buy and airline ticket yet- wait and see what the cross post does ok? Maybe the runs can be miraculously filled and they won't have to FLY!!!! Someone from the shelter can do the 1st run, right? (or one of their friends or family members or foster volunteers)

rinkrat
10-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Thanks so much :) So far the shelter hadn't offered to help out in the transport. I wrote this evening offering to pay for a ride to the airport even though it just adds onto a trip that is already getting too expensive. I sure hope the new crossposts work. I even had someone adventurous enough to offer an overnight in Maryland.

leslie
10-14-2004, 10:28 PM
They haven't offered? YOU ARE DOING THEM a favor!!! Can't you tell them to find someone to do the 1st leg and tell them that a lot of shelters do the transport work themselves because it is worth the adoption? (Holey moley)..... You'd think that they would look at what you need and reach out to their friends and connections across the states... Have you asked them to? Or are they wierd about all this somehow?!

leslie
10-14-2004, 10:33 PM
and if I was 10 or 15 years younger I'd have it in my mind to drive down there myself and get them and give them a piece of my mind! Or would that be out of line? I just don't get why they are pressuring you while not offering any assist with that first leg... I know they need the space, but then they should pitch in and help, right?

rinkrat
10-14-2004, 10:39 PM
There is still a big gap before their overnight, and another leg in between, so even if they started, they would be stuck. Otherwise I would be begging the shelter. They know I couldn't fill the transport, and also that I am looking for a ride to the airport, but no one has offered any help. Maybe I do need to directly ask, some people are wierd. They should read the email tomorrow asking for a paid trip to the airport even, and if transport can fill, I'll see if they come up with anyone if they can just take them the other way instead. They have invested money in these kitties, too. Spayed them and vaccinated them. They'll have to pay more then to euthanize them so I'm sure they want them out. Not to mention, I am paying a fee per cat. They are very full with dogs and cats and I'm sure they are working hard, but for me transport is necessary! Hopefully all that was missing was for me to ask directly. 8 cats should make some kind of dent in their population, even if only for a few days.

rinkrat
10-14-2004, 10:46 PM
I wish I could just drive there. I'm not feeling so well, and I don't think I'm good for driving for that length of time. 5 hours seems to be my maximum, then I just can't go anymore. For all of the hours I've put in, they should be 100% safe now. I just want them here, and to hear their meows and to see them meet and connect with their chosen family, then go home and be so very happy.

leslie
10-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Come on PTers!!! Fill those driving legs!!! WE can do it!! We don't want to see any homeless animals gassed!! Brook has found potential homes and all we have to do is drive an hour or 2!! For those who have volunteered, YAY, don't make other plans yet!- I am hoping the cross posting Karen instructed me on how to do will help!!! Egads! (Brook- any point in "advertising in yahoo groups for those gaps at all? i see dogs being moved from GA to MA but different cities and dunno if people would be willing to take cats with dogs- should I send you what was sent to me?) And don't forget the "volunteer gal in NC though I don't know if her area was along the route..How many hours is GA from here? About 20?

rinkrat
10-15-2004, 11:47 AM
I don't care what route they take, as long as they make it! They can go through Texas, Colorado, or Minnesota, just as long as they make it safely! Yep, Georgia isn't too too far, about 20 or so hours. Breaking it up is nothing, as long as there is someone to keep them going! In other news, the shelter has offered to take them to the airport tomorrow! Hopefully I can get adoption fees to offset that cost. Any updates Lucky and Louie? Any way they can get their health certificate and make it on? If not, think we can raise money to fly them from Louisiana?

Logan
10-15-2004, 12:56 PM
The Spaulding County shelter has a horrible reputation and I have transported many, many dogs for All Pets Rescue that originated there. It has been a while since I have been asked to transport for them and I think it is because they probably aren't taking as many up north right now. I'm not surprised that you haven't had any offers of help from them.

I wish I could go get them for you, but it will not work for me to do that. Keep me posted. I'm still available tomorrow if you need me.

Logan

rinkrat
10-15-2004, 02:50 PM
My orange kitty came from Spalding (the one who I wrote about in my cat story on the other page). It was very hard to find a place for him to go. I paid for board for him, and the women still owes me $10! It is a hard area to get animals out of, and it was just luck (and a ton of emailing) that brought him to the transport that brought him home. I heard that they had a distemper outbreak not too long ago :( A few shelters up here did, too.

rinkrat
10-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Some breaking news on my transport: I have a flight reservation for them. BUT Right after that, I called the shelter to pay for the cats and they said they had a volunteer who was supposed to get in touch with me. Good thing I was notified that emails were bouncing back, so that's why I haden't heard from her. Anyways, she told them that she would drive them HERE if I took a few kittens that she had. I had to ask for clarification-ALL THE WAY? Apparantly she's a valuable volunteer and has driven animals long distances for them. My cat count is down to 7. Melody (4 month old torti) didn't catch the cold that her cagemate had, but she has ringworm :( If this women can do the drive though, my count goes up by 4 or so. I think they are all spayed and neutered though, so good thing about that. I'm going to be rich in cats! She wasn't home, but should be in about 15 minutes now. Waiting for the phone to ring.....

Laura's Babies
10-15-2004, 03:08 PM
I posted this in the thread that Chester is home and update on Lucky but will repost here..

Lucky is doing fine, Kevlin said he is eating good and gaining weight and just being a real doll. On the other hand, Kevlin took suddenly ill the other day and he is in bed, sick as a dog and wiped out on pain meds so he is not able to get on the computer for the next few days. He asked me to give you that update and tell you sorry he is not able to get on and update himself. He recieved a donation from rg_gril today for their care expenses and he decided we could hang on to that to help off set expenses of getting them to Boston if we end up having to do that. (So, I guess you could say, that fund is already started?)

As I told Leslie, I am home now until November 10 so we got time to work on what we are going to do about L & L. I am also working on a plan for them and all I saying about that right now so as not to jinx it is, I ask is that you say a prayer that it could/would work out. I should know by the end of this week end. It is a long shot but sometimes longshots pay off.....

rinkrat
10-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the update. I will be praying for everyone.

QueenScoopalot
10-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Well, I sure hope it works out for all the kitties involved here. Brook, if the shelter wants to ship extra kittens up here (leslie says you live somewhat near us) North East Animal Shelter in Salem moves kittens out very fast, providing they're younger than 3-4 months. I also know of a woman willing and wanting to take on a pregnant cat or two (I know they're probably some of the first to be snuffed :( ) and the shelter that takes most of my rescues has been having a great few weeks adopting out kittens as well. So if someone's willing to drive an extra half dozen or so up, they could probably be placed fast. And Laura, sorry to hear Kevlin's so sick. I'd love to know what's up your sleeve! :confused:

Equus217
10-15-2004, 03:41 PM
ok....I have gotten way stuck into work this week. I am a RE agent who is an assistant to the top agent in our company and she has been out of the office since wednesday, and won't be back until Monday!!

I have absoulutely no time on my hands anymore to assist but I so desperately want to help. I don't know how much I can contribute financially....but if $20-30 would help anyone involved with gas etc. Please email me at [email protected] so I can access the email from work and send a little help.

Thanks

Laura's Babies
10-15-2004, 03:45 PM
EQ Thanks for your offer and get ready to send.... we are really trying to work someything out for all these guys.

QueenScoopalot
10-15-2004, 04:57 PM
http://www.spotsociety.org/fatedog.html

Substitute cat for dog. :( Let's not let this happen to all these animals that need a chance!

rinkrat
10-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Another shelter cat update. The women was actually volunteering to drive them to the airport, not all the way as the shelter had told me. She is looking into helping me out with carries though, so keeping fingers crossed that works out. I'm so tired, she probably thought I was crazy, I'm not sure I made much sense. Like "this person is in charge of finding homes for these cats???? oh no" I just talked to someone who has their flight details now and will take them to the airport tomorrow afternoon.

Karen
10-15-2004, 05:12 PM
What airport are they flying from/to?

Laura's Babies
10-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Ok rinktrat, I have been waiting for you to post so that issue has been settled.

I have been having problems with my PM box being full so I have went in and deleted just about everything sent and recieved so maybe NOW it'll work?

QSL, that is a tissue alert sight and that is EXACTLY what happens here in La. That is why I was so frantic to keep L & L OUT of the shelters here. A owner surrender? A SICK owner surrender.. they are tagged for the freezer before they are even settled in there and gone before they get a drink of water or something to eat. I am GLAD that was on a dog, I don't think I could have watched it on a cat.... It was hard enough and I cried for the dog. He was a beautiful animal. People NEED to see that all over the web, is there other web sights you can post that on? May he RIP.

QueenScoopalot
10-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Laura, I know that's the fate of too many pets down in the Southern states, and that's why we want L&L and the others here where there are people who'll want them. I'd love to see that slideshow on giant billboards all over the place, but it's only wishful thinking. :( Praying things work out for all the kitties in need. ;)

leslie
10-15-2004, 09:25 PM
rinkrat- please tell the shelter not to put down the kitty just because of ringworm for goodness sake! And beware- you should watch for it once you get yours! Heed Karen's advice! Cheeper to fly into airports other than Logan! let me know if you need pick ups! Feel free to substitute for the missing cat- like jan says, help is available with home placement!

leslie
10-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Oh and I forgot to say- there are many available low cost spay/nueter, vaccine discount programs available here so save money where you can! (and if you see signs of ringworm, it is SO treatable!)

rinkrat
10-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Since I'm not a lisenced rescue, only pulling with the assistance of one, they will not let the cats go unaltered. The cats themselves are actually a pretty good deal since I am using a rescue's lisence-$50=spay (they are all girls), vaccinations, fiv/feliv or whatever those abreviations are, and health certificate ($5 of that cost). If I wasn't, there is no way that I could fly them. So, I'm adding that and flying together, and just have to charge a higher adoption fee. Probably would detur some people, but it's still not a bad deal compared to bringing a cat with no vet work done in. I don't want to ask, but should-what are signs of ringworm? ick. They think she'll be adopted, but I don't know why she hasn't been yet. They never spayed her, so they weren't planning on sending her to me, just never told me. She had been exposed to upper respiratory, but came out fine this week, so they said she could come, until today. I think I have 5 adopted already! Everyone sounds so excited to be owned by a cat (or another cat). I kinda wanted the gray-oranged eyed one, but someone called interested in her and her cagemate, Minnie. If they are a good home and want them both, I can't say no. I did kind of want Minnie though, too. I thought it would be harder to adopt the older cats because everyone wants kittens, so I'd better take the opportunity if she turns out as good as she sounds on the phone.