PDA

View Full Version : Then & Now...Axle...

kingrattus
10-11-2004, 09:51 PM
There have been several threads about then & now, so I thought I'd do one for Axle.

Then:
2 months old
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/few-months-old/axlebaby.jpg http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/few-months-old/axlebaby2.jpg

NOW!!!
4 years old & 15 pounds later!
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album272/june_13_2004_052.sized.jpg

I love my BIG boy hehehe

slick
10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Oh Axel, what a beautiful turtle you are! You are so lucky you have a loving home. Thanks for posting.

I had a turtle when I was growing up and we called him Skiddoo. One day when we were out he climbed out of his tank and later we found him behind the stereo, dead. RIP Skiddoo. :( (that was back in 1961).

Logan
10-11-2004, 10:10 PM
I just adore Axle, Jess!!!! :) Thanks for the comparison!!!! :D

kingrattus
10-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Slick how long had the turtle been behind the stereo??

Cause once RB Sniper got out & he was stuck in my bed cover. my grandma found him & thought he was dead. My mom said he looked dead to, but didn't want me thinking I could have rolled over & killed him.
so they put him back into his tank & when I came home I took him out & he was alive.. My grandma said he came back from the dead & she was creeped out hehehe

flamepony12
10-11-2004, 11:28 PM
he was so small!! ^_^

kingrattus
10-11-2004, 11:43 PM
In the 2 monthst I first had him, he had doubled in size. So he was about the size of the Loony when Hatched :)

captain
10-11-2004, 11:55 PM
WOW!!!!! :eek:

He is gorgeous tho!!!

CathyBogart
10-12-2004, 10:38 AM
WOW that's impressive!! He's spectacular!! ^_^ I want to see him when he's absolutely immense!!

Jods
10-12-2004, 11:12 AM
WOW he was so tiny then! How big will he get when he's full grown or is he full grown??

puppyluvs
10-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Wow that is amazing !!!! So cute...

kingrattus
10-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Axle is a Giant Common Snapping Turtle, so he'll get to about 100 pounds & Will live about another 30 years

K9soul
10-12-2004, 09:35 PM
He was so tiny! I really love turtles :) I saw a really tiny snapper about that size near a dock on the lake in Missouri once when I was fishing. He was so cute but I was afraid a big bass or something might get him so I scooped him out and moved him to a shallow marshy area.

tatsxxx11
10-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Isnt' he stunning!!!:D Hard to imagine he was once SO tiny!!! Will you still be able to "keep" him when he's full grown? 100 lbs is a big boy:D I had 2 box turtels as pets growing up...Lou Lou and Pinky! They were great pets:)

kingrattus
10-14-2004, 09:08 PM
tatsxxx11
Isnt' he stunning!!! Hard to imagine he was once SO tiny!!! Will you still be able to "keep" him when he's full grown? 100 lbs is a big boy I had 2 box turtels as pets growing up...Lou Lou and Pinky! They were great pets
--------------------

There is no option of keeping him, its a commitment.

I plan to build him a greenhouse type thing, with a cement pond/pool, with grass & bushs & fruit trees. I don't want the pond to have dirt & plants growing in it, I want it clean like a fish tank, just like what he has now, so When I need to feed or check up on him, I know where he is & I don't have to worry about him getting sick in swamp water.

But if I don't have the yard space I plan to turn the basement into his home. They do not need deep water, just enough to swim around, so a 4 foot deep pond will do & he'll be able to get out on his own & tour around & I can take him outside for walks :)