PDA

View Full Version : Go Matthew Perry! :-D

sammy101
10-11-2004, 09:44 PM
http://entertainment.msn.com/celebs/article.aspx?news=170180

Stars Offer Reward for Dog-Drowning Arrest
Oct 9, 6:10 PM EST

The Associated Press

Comedian Richard Pryor and former "Friends" star Matthew Perry are adding to the reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who drowned a golden retriever in the surf on the Massachusetts coast.

The dog, which police said had been tied up, muzzled and stuffed inside a burlap bag, was found on Sept. 21 by a person walking on the beach in Nahant, Mass.

Pryor heard about the incident through a network of fellow animal lovers, said Linda Horsley, a pet sitter from Nahant, who is helping to organize the reward efforts with the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

"The thinking is just so sick," Horsley said.

"It's important to raise the awareness that cruelty to animals is just not tolerable."

Pryor and his wife, Jennifer, have donated $1,000 to the reward fund, Horsley said. They have also paid for a banner to appear at a fund-raising walk for the MSPCA on Oct. 17.

The MSPCA said Perry has also contributed to the fund.

The MSPCA has raised a total of $12,000 thus far.

cfuh
10-12-2004, 12:30 PM
OH YAY!! :) :)

I hope they find the person who did that horrible crime!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Logan
10-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Having celebrities involved will raise awareness and hopefully additional funds to offer as a reward to catch the one who did this horrible thing. I'm so glad they stepped up.

Logan

CountryWolf07
10-12-2004, 03:38 PM
WOW!

Awesome for Matthew Perry! That made me smile. I didn't know he was a dog person. :) He is one of my favorite actors..

I saw him on Bravo the other night, playing Poker..

dogs_4_me
10-12-2004, 10:45 PM
yay!:D

Who could EVER drown a dog:(