PDA

View Full Version : People that have Bad Days

BCBlondie
10-11-2004, 09:38 PM
I work at a bakery and people come in and look at the yummy cookies and buy cakes or whatever.. I'm a clerk, so I work at the cash register. We have two registers, and every day we're assigned to our own register that we work at. I was assigned to register #2.

So this guy comes in, I get him the cookie or wtever he wants, and he's standing by register 1, and I was like, "Can you come down to the other register please?" and MOST people are like "sure, whatever" and stuff... but he was like, "No. Why don't you give me my food, and YOU take the money and go down there and come back up yourself." So I just did it myself, and came back up, and when he left, my co-worker was soooooo mad. She was like," I cant believe he was that rude to you. You didn't do anything wrong."

I guess he was just having a bad day and took it out on me. It was funny though... when he left, I was like, "Have a good day!" LOL :p

flamepony12
10-11-2004, 09:40 PM
:p "I will.......er......not....." lol :p

Cookiebaker
10-11-2004, 09:41 PM
I enjoy working with the public most days.....but there are those people that I cringe to see walk through the door 'cause they are notorious for giving me a hard time. :mad: :p

Tonya
10-11-2004, 09:42 PM
What a jerk! Good for you for laughing it off! I can't believe how sometimes people just automatically have chips on their shoulders.

carole
10-11-2004, 10:42 PM
That's the spirit , good on you for keeping your cool , some people are just so darn rude, mind you changing the subject a little, I get really fustrated when I am waiting to be served and the person behind the counter is busy carrying on a personal conversation, keeping me waiting and ignoring me GRRR....

NoahsMommy
10-12-2004, 01:03 AM
I work with the public too and they are sooooo rude sometimes. Today, this lady left a deposit in the morning with her credit card and got mad at me for asking her to pay the rest this evening (when she picked her dog up). She was all mad we didn't keep her card on file...she had to go to her car to get her purse and was totally put out. Ummm...who leaves their purse in the car?? With money and credit cards in it?? Especially if you have to come in an pay a $600 bill??? :rolleyes:

I tend to do what you did. Kill them with kindness, its harder for them to stay rude as long. ;)

CathyBogart
10-12-2004, 02:20 AM
I LOVE being gooey sweet to people who are rude to me. I put on my biggest smile and heartily wish them a good evening, and you can see the veins in their foreheads expanding!

Good for you for not letting it get to you, I know I need to work on that! It helps me to remember that a lot of those people will get home and realize that they were being jerks, but some preople make me really TENSE.

micki76
10-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by WolfChan
I LOVE being gooey sweet to people who are rude to me. I put on my biggest smile and heartily wish them a good evening, and you can see the veins in their foreheads expanding!

LOL, ditto! :D :p