PDA

View Full Version : What Would John Travolta Do?

RICHARD
10-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Fleeing villagers mistook disco lights for aliens

A Romanian village was left deserted after its inhabitants fled in panic after mistaking disco lights in a nearby town for an alien invasion.

Villagers in Cristinesti, eastern Romania, thought they were under attack by aliens when they saw bright, multicoloured lights in the sky and started leaving the village en masse.

But police who were called out to investigate discovered the lights were coming from an open air disco in the town of Herta near the Ukrainian border, the daily Adevarul reported.

They persuaded the villagers to eventually return to their homes.

Costel Roman, one of the villagers, said: "Everybody was out on the streets and wondering what to do if the aliens landed.

"We believed we were seeing UFOs and some old legends from around here about clocks stopping, animals

going crazy and a previous UFO landing in the area suddenly came to our minds. We were terrified."

He added: "We were so happy when we heard we had escaped an alien invasion."
-------------------------------------

Not only did they escape the invasion, they escaped those dumb polyester suits in Satuday Night Fever!!!!

:

DJFyrewolf36
10-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Holy cow...

Had I been there, I would have painted a sign

"Take me to a planet with a higher average IQ!"

slick
10-11-2004, 03:59 PM
LOL
I was just flipping through my local TV guide to see what is on tonight and noticed that Saturday Night Fever is playing now on the Bravo channel. I forgot how tight those polyester shirts and pants were.

Take me to your leader.... :D :D

mugsy
10-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Too funny!! It's amazing what people will do! John probably would have gotten on a lovely sky blue leisure suit and danced the night away.

Twisterdog
10-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
What Would John Travolta Do?

I don't care what he does, just so he does it where I can watch. :p

Tonya
10-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Haha, I heard that on the Freak News on my radio station. My husband and I always crack up because 99% of the stories are from Romania. We always debate about rather Romanians are really wierd, or the radio station is picking on them by getting all the stories out of Romanian newspapers.