PDA

View Full Version : I Love Autumn!!!

RICHARD
10-11-2004, 01:32 PM
I LOVE THE COLD WEATHER!!!!

I love the fall, I love football, I love baseball, I love hockey, I love
hot soup on a cold day, I love a warm house.... but I really love spending a Sunday afternoon with Edward on my lap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-11-2004, 01:35 PM
I love Autumn too! It's my favorite season!
Don't care for the football much but love the warm house and snuggling with the cats the most! :D

nibblets
10-11-2004, 01:50 PM
I couldn't agree more. I am off work today and it is 51 degrees outside, gently raining, grey and I'm loving puttering around the house with my sweet Julie and faithful dog Buddy by my side.

catcrazylady
10-11-2004, 01:56 PM
There is nothing that says home to me like cool breezes, falling leaves and snuggling kitties. *sigh*:)

NKBurlington
10-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Too bad there's no hockey this season.

Ah well. DH and I have had four fires lit so far and our last one (last night) was so hot that I had to get into my jammies because it was too hot in the living room! The kitties loved it and sat right in front of the flames and enjoyed the warmth.

Very nice!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Yes, me too. Peanut has moved back to the bed at night and I'm so happy. :D

Pam
10-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Richard I share your enthusiasm about autumn. It has ALWAYS been my favorite season. I think it is mostly because of the beauty of the leaves as they turn and the snuggling in at night and keeping warm and cozy. My lap is often full to overflowing. Ripley is always in it and sometimes shares it with Trevor and Andy if he has a mind to. :rolleyes:

jazzcat
10-11-2004, 03:35 PM
I agree! This is my first autumn with kittens so it will be even more fun.

slick
10-11-2004, 03:40 PM
I also agree with one exception:

I eat the hot soup after an afternoon of romping through the dried leaves in the park..... :)

Max and Speckles have both moved to the bed as well since the weather is cooler. Gotta love it. Richard, we have nothing to complain about, except that we have to wait 284 days until the next BBQ.

aki
10-11-2004, 03:41 PM
I love you too Richard! :D

(my real name is Autumn)

RICHARD
10-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I agree! This is my first autumn with kittens so it will be even more fun.

:p

Showoff!

Slick,

Leaves?? We only have palm fronds out here.....

And those hurt!!

284??:(

Aki,

Shhh! People will talk!!!:D

Miranda_Rae
10-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Oh yes, I *LOVE* autumn. Its my favorite season too. I really like how it smells outside. You walk outside, and the leaves crunch under your feet....yummy! I love autumn. I like the cooler air and the crisp feel of the air too.....I could go on and on about autumn. :) I am not into the whole sports thing though....not my thing. :o lol

RICHARD
10-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
I am not into the whole sports thing though....not my thing. :o lol

I'll get you a Blockbuster card!
:D

One draw back of colder weather is the tuna and cheese wet food that stays in the house when the house is closed up.:eek:

Miranda_Rae
10-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by RICHARD: I'll get you a Blockbuster card! :D

LOL....We don't have a Blockbuster here, but we have Hollywood Video...you can get me a card for there. :p

lynnestankard
10-12-2004, 01:56 PM
AUTUMN always has been my favourite time of year - from being a really small child.
It's just everything - the light, the smells and the colour. Everything is softer and kinder. I really don't like very hot weather and Autumn comes as a wonderful balm.
I learned this at 8 years old and every year it rushes back into the forefront of my mind:

To Autumn

SEASON of mists and mellow fruitfulness!
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eaves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.

John Keats. 1795–1821

Lynne

smokey the elder
10-12-2004, 02:23 PM
The view out the window opposite my office door is stunning! We are having the best foliage season in YEARS here in the Northeast. The sky is as blue as a Siamese's eyes.:)

RICHARD
10-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

To Autumn

SEASON of mists and mellow fruitfulness!
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eaves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.

John Keats. 1795–1821

Leave it you to put some intellect into this thread!!!:D
Thanks!!
:D

Smokey,
I never got tired of watching nature's own show from my old office windows......:)

Christiansmommy
10-12-2004, 05:35 PM
I too LOVE Autumn. No other season beats it! I love the crisp air and the crunchy leaves. Hot chocolate, hot soup, a good movie, and a warm blanket...heaven!

catmandu
10-13-2004, 09:27 AM
JJJ3,agrees,as yesterday,he tackled,that big pile of leaves,that were invading the Hotel!

lynnestankard
10-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Way to go JJJ3 - you kill all them leaves!!:D :D :D

catnapper
10-19-2004, 08:16 AM
Couldn;t have said it better (though I'd have left out all that sports stuff ;) ) and I'd like to add... taking a nap in the middle of a drizzly grey afternoon with purring kittens in my bed all cuddled up to me.... is fabulous beyond words! (That is until Pouncer realizes they are there and evicts them :D )

catmandu
10-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Michael,and Princess,get to go out,when theyare supervised,and they love LEAF ATTACK! They all say MMMEEEOOOW To You,and Eddie!

Corinna
10-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Autumn is my favorite too. I fact (thankfully before yesterday) We took the motorcycle out for a ride the smell of the leaves was just delightful.It was probley the last one of the year. Yesterdays snow is gone today but the park has closed the going to the sun road yesterday.