PDA

View Full Version : Invitation question...

Tonya
10-11-2004, 01:07 PM
I want to invite the neighborhood to my Halloween party. I have already given invitations to the neighbors that I talk to on a regular basis. But I'm kind of embarrassed to go pounding door to door handing out invitations. Would it be tacky if I sent the rest of the invitations to the neighbors in the mail?

carole
10-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I cannot see anything wrong with doing that Tonya, so IMO go ahead, put them in their mail boxes, personally I would prefer that myself, rather than a face to face confrontation, but thats just me.:)

lizzielou742
10-11-2004, 02:48 PM
I don't think it would be tacky to mail them. Or you could just slip their invites in their mailboxes by hand, maybe when they're not at home or something like that?

puppyluvs
10-11-2004, 02:50 PM
No it is not Tacky at all I wouldn't think....!!!

lynnestankard
10-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Can't see anything wrong with doing that Tonya. Have a nice party!

Lynne

Corinna
10-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Mail them but don't hand drop them as that is a fedral offiense. and you could be fined and have jail time.

Kfamr
10-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Hope you don't mind me posting.

Personally, I'd much rather recieve an invitation from someone i don't know too well by hand -- instead of mail. That way they'd get a little picture of who you are/what you look like and so on. It'd be much more inviting to know that you took the time to hand deliver them instead of just dropping them into a mailbox.

Rottieluver45
10-11-2004, 05:16 PM
I think you should invite them. They might be a little insulted or dissapointed if they see you're having a party and didn't invite them. It's a nice jeture even if they don't come.

carole
10-11-2004, 06:53 PM
WOW are you kidding me? its an offence to drop mail by hand, and you could do jail time, geez that is tough, we have no such law here, why is there a law with tough penalties for something like that? I fail to understand, seems Over the top to me!!

I personally would hate someone stopping by that I don't even know with an invite to a party, if it were in the mail box, I feel no obligation whatsoever to attend unless I desire to,but that is just my feelings on the subject, everyone is different.

BCBlondie
10-11-2004, 09:12 PM
When we have block parties, we just put the invitation in our neighbor's mailboxes, and they all show up if they don't already have plans for the day. :) So I don't see a problem with it!

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-11-2004, 09:25 PM
I think that mailing the invitation is actually more polite and more traditional. I was taught (by a very traditional grandmother) that correspondence by mail was more polite than by phone or in-person because the recipient could read it when it was convenient for them, while a phone call or drop-by visit was when it was convenient for you.

Invitations by mail would not be "tacky" at all--Have a fun party!

Tonya
10-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Always trust grandma's advice! Ok, so I am going to send them for sure. How should I label it? I was thinking "Our Neighbors".