PDA

View Full Version : How RUDE! ~ vent

shais_mom
10-11-2004, 12:39 PM
I was taking Keegan out for a walk a bit ago and as I was crossing a busy street, there was a car full of little old ladies stopped at the stop sign and the driver rolled down her window and was saying "oh my what a gorgeous, precious doggie" "what is her name" "she is so precious" "she is so gorgeous". Keegan wagged at them and gave them her Golden smile and I said Thank you. :) Then I went on about 10 yards and the lady in the house on the corner came FLYING out of her house with her arms crossed - scowling and yelling "don't let your dog poop in my yard" I just looked at her with my mouth open and all I said was "I wasn't going to" and she stood and scowled at me the whole way down her yard, so I didn't even let Keegan sniff I pulled her all the way by this woman's property. I seriously wasn't going to let Keegan poop in her yard. I know what she thinks, we have some people in the neighborhood that let their dogs run loose or get loose, and they poop in people's yards and they have probably pooped in her yard and she thinks it is anyone who might be walking by with a dog. Heck yesterday I was leaving to go out to supper and there was a strange dog in my yard sniffing around. Then yesterday morning, Keegan was sniffing a pile of poop and I know it wasn't her's, b/c it was in a spot she rarely goes in.
I guess it would be just as rude to let your dog poop in her yard but sheesh. I try to take a bag with me on her walks - we don't walk often, I usually just hit the ball to her, but its been so nice I wanted to walk. :( I guess I just won't go by this lady's house again!

dukedogsmom
10-11-2004, 12:42 PM
My term for her surely wouldn't be lady. It's a shame how one person like that can turn something pleasant into something bad. Don't let her ruin it for you. Just remember the sweet old ladies. I hope to be one of them some day :) Kay and I had a jerk of a guy at the dog beach one time but I refused to let him ruin my good time there. It's not worth it.

Karen
10-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Send her an anonymous postcard suggesting a fence that would disallow dogs from even getting in her yard.

puppyluvs
10-11-2004, 12:47 PM
I agree don't let it ruin your day !!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/puppyluvs/ubb22.gif

carole
10-11-2004, 02:45 PM
I agree she certainly should not have jumped to conclusions,but I can see her point of view a little as well, maybe she has had lots of doggies pooping in her property and has just had enough, unfortunatley Staci you were just the unlucky one, so don't take it too personally, but yes there was no need for her to be so RUDE, nothing like a little politeness to get the same message across.

Pam
10-11-2004, 03:05 PM
People can really come unglued can't they? :rolleyes: I always carry a plastic bag with me and let it hang out of my pocket in full view so that people can see that I will be "johnny on the spot" (pardon the pun! :o ) if Bella or Ripley feel the need. :)

We had a neighbor in years past who once came around to my back door after knocking at the front door (I couldn't hear her because I was in the back of the house) and told me she just found poop in her front yard. Horrors! She had hardly moved in, I guess it was maybe the second week she was here. She was sure it was my toy poodle, Pumpkin, who had done the dastardly deed. I told her I was sure it wasn't him but I would keep a careful eye on him in the future, just so she'd leave. I know it was the dog across the street who was allowed to run free and I had seen her do it often but I kept quiet to keep the peace. The amazing thing is that the size difference between Pumpkin and the dog across the street was impressive and if she had taken the time to think about it she would know that a toy poodle could never have done it. Unfortunately my impression of her was set that day. Why don't people THINK before they talk? :rolleyes:

P.S. to the story, over the years they got a GSD who did leave poops in my yard but I never said anything. Why bother? Some people are just stupid and it is a waste of breath to bother.

ramanth
10-11-2004, 03:28 PM
How rude indeed! :(

Lately, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around my apartment complex. They've increased the fines if they catch you letting your dog potty on the lawn around the buildings.

I always take Kia to the designated poop area (the poop pen) before our walks, but sometimes, she'll have to go more than once and she'll do it on the lawn around the buildings. I clean up after her, but I'm just anticipating the day when the management will swoop down on me and chew me out for not taking her to the poop pen.

Never mind that I'm cleaning up after her. :rolleyes:

Rachel
10-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Yes, that was rude and I know how a comment like that can make one feel.

The other day I was with Hannah on a walk around the Big Block. On the other side of the Big Block is a little park. A lady was there with a little boy who was obviously taken with Hannah. She kept talking to the little boy about *the doggie* and he kept pointing a Hannah. Hannah is very good with little kids so I decided to take a step out of my comfort zone and walk over to let him pet or interact with Hannah. As we got to about 4 feet away, she announced that *he's allergic to dogs and cats*. So we both turned tail and went on with our walk. Guess I'll stay within my comfort zone. :(

Miss Meow
10-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Next time she does it, look at Keegan and say, "Keegan, you heard the nice lady, don't poop here girly" and walk off with your head held high :)

She'd have better luck finding the poopers if she watched from the house and got them by surprise :eek:

Some people are real misery guts, aren't they?

Cinder & Smoke
10-12-2004, 03:20 PM
:D

Our next door neighbors when I was 5-16 years old were SUPER nice
folks - our families were best buddies...

But Mrs. "S" was a lil bit "opinionated" and not afraid to
speak her mind - AND made sure that Mr. S kept their yard spiffied
up to Better Homes & Gardens Front Cover standards. :rolleyes:

Dunno HOW many times I watched her *fly* out of the house and
do the Staci's Lady Number on some poor soul walking their dog around
the "S" corner yard!
And Mrs S wasn't satisfied with just a verbal *warning*...
She's *stalk* the dog & owner ALL the way around the corner...
Then turn around and re-trace the route -
to be sure she hadn't missed anything! :p

I always wondered why her son Peter (my age) never wanted to play in
our sandy-box... till I started finding :eek: "THINGS" in da sand!
Mom finally 'splained WHAT the "things" were - the S's had a KAT! :o

When I "complained" to Mrs. S about WHAT "Priscilla" was
"doing" in MY sandy box -
she told me "That's what Kats *DO*!"

Always wished I'd been *quick enough* to ask why the DOGs weren't
allowed to *DO IT* in her front yard! :p

:D

/s/ Phred