PDA

View Full Version : holidays

petslover
10-11-2004, 11:18 AM
I was wondering. What do you all do with your dogs on Christmas? and Thanksgiving too?

I have a stocking for each dog I fill up for Christmas and on Thanksgiving we give them some leftovers!

sammy101
10-11-2004, 11:20 AM
For Christmas,our dogs always got a BIG rawhide and a toy.
Probly this year since we only have one dog for christmas,Kodie will probly get 2 or 3 toys
Thanksgiving Kodie get slot s leftovers,lol:p

Shelteez2
10-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Well this weekend was our thanksgiving.

The shelties always get to share the turkey neck.

I don't do anything special for them on Christmas. They get a lot of treats and presents from the rest of my family.

DogLover9501
10-11-2004, 11:38 AM
On Christmas, our pups get a stocking full of stuff, and also other stuff that doesn't fit in the stocking ;) They also get some of Christmas Dinner and their gifts are always opened first, of course!!

On thanksgiving(today), Piddle and Wiggles will get some turkey, but not Jasper, as he's VERY alergic and breaks out into bumps! So he will get some of the veggies and the cake :)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-11-2004, 11:51 AM
None of my pets get anything special for Thanksgiving. Because of the number of pet in our home we can't afford to go too crazy for Christmas, but they all get a treat of some sort. The dogs will each probably get a bone.

petslover
10-11-2004, 02:10 PM
thats awesome! i was just curious on what everyone else does! sounds awesome!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-11-2004, 02:14 PM
For Christmas I usually get each of the dogs a couple of toys and a bandana. On Thanksgiving (today) we usually just by them a bone that they don't get any other time of the year because they can't eat turkey.

Kfamr
10-11-2004, 02:19 PM
They normally get a TINY amount of Turkey, warm water, and maybe bread or something mixed in with their dog kibble for Thanksgiving. [Warm water makes a gravy]

Christmas, they get tons of presents, from myself, my parents, my siblings, neighbros, doggie friends, relatives, everyone!! :p
Simba normally opens the presents. It's one of his favorite thigns to do.

micki76
10-11-2004, 05:56 PM
We don't give any special food, it's a no-no here, but Christmas is a toy bonanza! And they each get a bag of their favorite treats. :)

dogs_4_me
10-11-2004, 07:53 PM
For thanksgiving they both get some left overs:D They each get a stocking for Christmas. They usually get a new collar, bones, treats, and a pack of tennis balls for Emma:p

Samantha Puppy
10-11-2004, 07:58 PM
This'll be my first married Thanksgiving so I assume we'll take Samantha to my parent's house and have dinner with them. She'll get lots of leftovers. She loooooves her turkey. My husband and I will leave to go to HIS family's dinner and Samantha will stay with my parents.

For Christmas, she will get a stocking and presents from Santa, Mommy and Daddy at home. Then we'll all go down to my parent's house where she will get presents from them and my brother and his fiance. Then again, my husband and I will have to go but she will stay at my parent's.

She gets spoiled, either way!

chocolatepuppy
10-11-2004, 08:02 PM
My furkids get presents and treats for Christmas.They all have stockings with their names on them but they're used as decorations because Lacey would chew them up! :D We can't put any presents under the tree because the dogs think they can open them, we have to wait until Christmas to put them out! :)