PDA

View Full Version : This could be the one!!

DogLover9501
10-11-2004, 10:40 AM
This girl:
http://www.envision.ca/webs/ClarenvilleAreaSPCA/images/Kitty.JPG
Kitty, could be my future cat!!

Nothing is final or anything, but I e-mailed back and forth with this SPCA for a few days.

They told me she is hisitant around other cats but does good after a little bit, and that they don't know how she is with dogs but they *would* adopt her out to a family with dogs as long as I am willing to give them time to adjust, and of course, I am.

I am now waiting for an e-mail back about if they have any sort of transports or could meet us half-way or anything because thats the only problem left!

PLEASE wish me luck!!

*EDIT* Also look at her NOSIE!!! :D

DogLover9501
10-11-2004, 10:54 AM
There is also this possibility, only if the above one doesn't work out:
http://www.spcashelter.nf.ca/images/pets/adopt691.jpg
The one on the right(Hilda).

I don't know much about her yet.

jazzcat
10-11-2004, 11:02 AM
They are both beautiful. I hope it works out for either lucky kitty and you.

DogLover9501
10-11-2004, 11:30 AM

I just got another e-mail about the first girl, Kitty!

They said:
"We usually expect people from St John's to come see the animals and then adopt if it is what you are looking for. We would have no way of knowing if you actually want the cat unless you first come and meet her."

Im not sure if this is going to work out :( I think it's 4-5 hours away, so plus gas and the adoption fee it would cost us over $100.

jazzcat
10-11-2004, 11:57 AM
I can understand that. You want to make sure that connection is there and you also want to make sure her temperment is what they say it is.

Are there any shelters closer to your home that you could just go and take a look at their cats? A lot of times there are more cats available than what they show on online.

DogLover9501
10-11-2004, 12:08 PM
My mom said we could drive there but not until a weekend(when my dad's not working).

I filled out a little form over e-mail, and I guess I am just waiting.

I am also waiting on information on the other one I showed, Hilda.

So hopefully, it will be one of them for sure!

puppyluvs
10-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Good luck with either :) They are both equally beautiful !

DogLover9501
10-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by puppyluvs
Good luck with either :) They are both equally beautiful !

And I agree, both are beautiful! So many beautiful cats to pick from.

catcrazylady
10-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Fingers crossed that the right kitty comes along soon. Both of those girls are gorgeous!

DogLover9501
10-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Thanks! I am so excited!

Felicia's Mom
10-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Good luck, they are both beautiful.

DogLover9501
10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
I just got an e-mail back about Hattie & Hilda :)

"Hi Robyn,
Thank you for your interest in Hattie & Hilda. Thedy re both beautiful cats.
They don't have to be placed together. They are getting along with the other cats in their room at the shelter & seem to have pleasant personalities.
I'd certainly recommend visiting with them at the shelter.
Thanks,
Cheryl"

I am waiting back to hear if Hilda is spayed, and if so, we will probably go and meet her :)

DogLover9501
10-11-2004, 04:42 PM
They don't know if she is spayed or not..

My mom and I are going to hopefully go meet her tomorrow :)

DogLover9501
10-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Ack :( I think my mom has the flu today, I have it too, but I would still go.

When my mom has the flu, she won't get out of bed lol

I think that means we may not be going to meet Hilda today :(

catmandu
10-12-2004, 08:42 AM
They are both such Great Cats,we hope,that one,or maybe,even Both,go home,with you,to be your Companion Cats!

DogLover9501
10-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Well my mom is up :) So hopefully we will be going to meet Hilda later!

DogLover9501
10-12-2004, 10:11 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got this e-mail from them:
"Hi Robyn,
We adopt cats to homes that have dogs and usually it works out fine. They need to be introduced gradually and the dog should be on a leash under your control and the cat should always have an escape route in case they don't become "best" friends at first. But usually things work our just fine.
If you are certain about adopting, you can take her home today. We usually recommend a 24 hour wait to avoid impulse adoptions.
They are not vet checked before adopting but are checked for fleas and any physical signs of sickness while they are with us.
Part of our policy includes a courtesy examination and vaccination at a vet of your choice within seven days of adoption.
We look forward to seeing you today.
Cheryl"

That means if we go meet her today and everything goes good that she is MINE....TODAY!!!!!

Tina
10-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Goodluck! I hope that everything goes well and you get Hilda today! She is a beautiful kitty!:)

DogLover9501
10-12-2004, 01:11 PM
We won't be getting her today.

My mom wasn't feeling well, so we are hopefully going tomorrow.

Also my mom is going to tell my dad soon :eek:, I really hope that goes well AND I am VERY glad that I'm not going to be there when she tells him LOL

DogLover9501
10-12-2004, 02:36 PM
:D :D

My mom told my dad when they were gone down the road somewhere....

When they got back my dad came in and asked to see a picture of the cat :eek: I was VERY surprised and very happy :D

I hated hiding everything and not being able to talk about it unless he was gone!

:D :D

chrissycat21
10-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Good luck getting a cat!I'm glad all went well with telling your dad. I can't wait to see more pictures of whatever furkid you bring home soon!

manda_moo87
10-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Hilda is such a beautiful girl, good luck! :)

bluekat
10-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Oh wow how exciting!!:D Hilda is such a GORGEOUS girl! Good luck with her!:D And tell us how it goes;)

sirrahbed
10-12-2004, 06:26 PM
I am wishing you the best Robyn. You have been so careful with your choices and I am sorry that you have been disappointed several times. If Hilda does not work out for some reason (I hope this does NOT happen!!) there are always more kitties. Still, I hope to read that you are home with her - I took one look and thought"BEAUTIFUL!!!" She appears to have some Maine Coon and reminds me of Magoo:)
I will keep checking back:D

DogLover9501
10-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Thanks everyone :D :D

Originally posted by sirrahbed
I am wishing you the best Robyn. You have been so careful with your choices and I am sorry that you have been disappointed several times. If Hilda does not work out for some reason (I hope this does NOT happen!!) there are always more kitties. Still, I hope to read that you are home with her - I took one look and thought"BEAUTIFUL!!!" She appears to have some Maine Coon and reminds me of Magoo:)
I will keep checking back:D

Debbie,
The girl at the shelter, basically told me that she's already mine ;) and that we can take her home when we go out to meet her(if we want), instead of waiting 24 hours.

Also I too thought she had some coon in her, I just LOVE her mittens!! I also think she may have some Norwegian Forest Cat in her, look at this Norwegian Forest Cat that reminds me of her:
http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/cat-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/norwegian-forest-cat-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/pictures/norwegian-forest-cat-0022.jpg

sirrahbed
10-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501

The girl at the shelter, basically told me that she's already mine ;) and that we can take her home when we go out to meet her(if we want), instead of waiting 24 hours.

I also think she may have some Norwegian Forest Cat in her, look at this Norwegian Forest Cat that reminds me of her:

YAY!! Words I was hoping to hear!!:D Oh and YES she does look like that NFC breed! Very much so:) Can't wait to hear about the introductions and see pictures-you sure have waited for this:D