PDA

View Full Version : Malone to the vets tomorrow...

Cookiebaker
10-10-2004, 09:05 PM
No, it's not anything too serious. It's time for annual shots and also, I noticed yesterday that there is something going on in his right ear. It's bright red, dirty and itchy. I cleaned it all out good, but it's dirty again today. Also his right eye is running quite a bit today, and I wonder if it has soemthing to do with his ear.

Emerson has an appointment on Thursday morning for his shots, too.

We got baths today (the boyz say YUK!), toenails chopped, and teeth brushed, the whole 9 yards. We did clip one of Emerson's toenails too short, and he started to bleed. He was NOT very happy, but he didn't get snippy with us or anything. I have stypic powder on hand, and I was glad for it.

cloverfdx
10-11-2004, 08:48 AM
Goodluck at the Vets Malone, be a good boy. :) Ouch poor Emerson, that is a pain when that happens.

I bet the boys smell and look great after their baths :D.

anna_66
10-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Baths? My girls say "YUCK!" But I bet you both look just stunning and smell so nice:)

I hope you have a good visit with the vet Malone and they give you something to clear up your ear and eye.

Good Luck today!

pitc9
10-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Good Luck!!
I'm sure you will be a good boy!!

primabella
10-11-2004, 10:02 AM
Hope all goes well at the vets tomorrow! :) How about some pictures of the newly groomed handsome boys? :D

RobiLee
10-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Best of luck, Malone. Let us know how things go.

Robin :)

Kfamr
10-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Good luck today sweet Malone!
Let us know how everything goes, Anna.:)

dappledoxie
10-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Good luck Malone! Claire has to go to the vet for her checkup this week too! :)

Cookiebaker
10-11-2004, 04:59 PM
We're back, and Malone did awesome!! :) He was a little rambunctious and wasn't too keen on them poking & prodding his ear, but some big peanut butter cookies were great bribery. :D

He weighs about 8 pounds more than earlier this year, and the first tech went on about how we need to watch his intake, and exercise more. :rolleyes: Then the vet came in, and examined him and said that (besides his ear) he looks really healthy -- good skin, good toenails, good teeth, and a great weight. I think I will listen to the vet. ;) He doesn't look fat, still has a waistline, and you can feel his ribs under his skin.

She said that the ear infection likely comes from allergies, and has given us some squirty meds to put in daily for a week. And she said that there was nothing to worry about in his eye.

Now, Emerson goes for his shots on Thursday, too.

Thanks for the good thoughts!! They worked! :D

K9soul
10-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Yay good boy Malone! I don't think he looks overweight at all just looking at the most recent pics you posted of him, I'd take the vet's word for it too. Hope his ear infection clears up soon, that's no fun!

Kfamr
10-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the good report!
He doesn't look voerweight at all, imo.

tatsxxx11
10-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Well done Malone:D Nothing like hearing those words, "clean bill of health!" Hope your ears clear up soon, sweetie! Next, EMERSON!!!:D Check back on Thurs.!

Pam
10-11-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm glad Malone did so well at the vet's. I too think he has quite a handsome physique so I would not worry about the tech's comments. :) I hope Emmers does just as well on Thursday. I also clipped one of Ripley's nails too short when I first got him. They were soooo long but they are also black and it was so hard to see. He was so trusting and I felt like I let him down. :( I have been really really careful ever since and am finally re-establishing his trust I think. :)