PDA

View Full Version : Wallace has FIP

JRM
10-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Thank you Catmandu and Lacey for your response to my previous thread. Unfortunately, my little Wallace does have FIP. Tests confirmed it last Tuesday morning. We don't know how long we have left with him, but I doubt it will be long. For now he is eating, though not a lot. He's on steriods to control the inflamation and antibiotics for a slight fever. This is pretty much all we can do until it becomes obvious that he can't go on any longer. I discussed it with my Vet, and we agree that it's too late to worry about keeping the cats apart. Wallace apparently came in contact with the corona virus as a kitten and it was just a matter of time after that. They've been living together for 5 months now, so Winston has already been exposed. Luckily, Winston is at very low risk. FIP is most often a disease of the young or old, Winston is 6. I just feel so helpless, and so angry. I want to yell at someone, but there's no one to yell at. He's just a baby, and he'll never grow up. I've been crying for a week, and taking insane amounts of pictures. Suddenly, every picture could be a "last time" picture. Now it's just a waiting game, waiting for Wallace to tell me that he can't do it anymore. I just don't know how to handle this. I just want to wake up and find out it was just a bad dream.

Grace
10-10-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm so very sorry, JRM. I'm sending a huge hug out to Maryland for you. I do know how you feel right now.

Two years ago, we adopted Simon, a five month old gray and white cutie. 12 days later he died of FIP. I cried and screamed and threw things.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-10-2004, 06:29 PM
I am so sorry about lil Wallace. But atleast he will go to the RB knowing he was well loved by many. I know this doesn't help , but their really is nothing anyone will be able to say to make it better. May God comfort you and Wallace during this awful time. And prayers for Winston also. Maybe he will be lucky enough not to have caught it. I sure hope so. *HUGS* to you, your family, and your beloved kitties. :(

jazzcat
10-10-2004, 06:31 PM
I am so very sorry.:(

AbbyMom
10-10-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Wallace. Prayers for you, Wallace, and your other kitties. I hope the steroids make him comfortable.

Samantha Puppy
10-10-2004, 09:40 PM
So sorry to hear that. I'm in MD too so if you need anything, please ask.

lisalee
10-10-2004, 10:20 PM
I'm so sorry, I will say a prayer for Wallace. I hope you find something that will help him feel better. Have you considered holistic treatment? Just a thought.

nibblets
10-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Wallace, you are in our prayers little buddy!

slick
10-11-2004, 12:44 AM
JRM: The tears are flowing as I read this thread. How sad that Wallace has FIP. Treasure every moment you have with him and yes, take lots of pictures. When the time comes, he will let you know; kiss him gently as he makes his way to the RB where he will grow up big and strong and make lots of friends.

{{HUGS}} :(

Kirsten
10-11-2004, 08:37 AM
I'm very sorry!! :( I lost my Aysche from FIP, years ago. :(

It's sad that you got such a diagnosis, and that poor Wallace has this horrible disease! Hopefully Winston will be alright! If his immune system is strong, he may have very good chances not to get it.

You're all in my thoughts,

Kirsten

lynnestankard
10-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers - my heart goes out to you - what a very sad time. Very gentle {{{Hugs}}} to dear Wallace. xxx

Lynne

rosethecopycat
10-11-2004, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry for Wallace.

I lost a foster to FIP, shortly after he found his furever home.

Cherish your time with him, and he'll be waiting for you.

Randi
10-11-2004, 12:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about little Wallace. :( I know you'll do what you can to comfort him, and I hope someone will comfort you in this sad time.

Sending gentle kisses to Wallace and hugs to you.

JRM
10-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. Wallace went to see the vet again this evening for another injection. He hasn't eaten anything today, and if he doesn't eat by Wednesday, I'm going to have to make the decision that I don't want to make. I'm going to try to tempt him again in the morning.

catmandu
10-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Prayers,are coming,for our Dear Pal Wallace,and You,as we know,that you have a terrible decision,to make! Have you tried Meat Baby Food,thats waht Mr Scrappy,and Pouncer ate,before it was thier time,to go! And maybe a dab,of Cheese Whiz!