PDA

View Full Version : *Karen and Lynne mini PT Meeting!!*

lynnestankard
10-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Right folks - time to let you all know that Karen (Killearn Kitties) and I enjoyed a wonderful PT Get Together yesterday!!

We met half way between us both - a town called Carlisle just the English side of the Scottish border!!
Karen is absolutley lovely and has the most gorgeous Scottish accent - yes they do vary a great deal!
We found a little restaurant and spent the whole afternoon eating, chatting and laughing!! Karen brought some wonderful pics of 'her three' and I took a few of 'my three' and we both oooeee'd and aaaahhhe'd like a couple of cat crazy ladies!!

I do so hope this isn't the last time we meet up - maybe next time one of us will remember to take a camera!! Sorry folks we both forgot!! BUT - we did buy a single use camera and asked our waitress to take a Pet Talk photo!! So you never know - one day eh?? :D :D

Lynne

QueenScoopalot
10-10-2004, 03:37 PM
It sounds like you had a wonderful day! Camera should have been the first thing to put in the car silly woman! ;)

slick
10-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Tsk, tsk, no cameras?????? For shame. ;)
Whomever has that single-use camera, you'd better get busy and snap away....I want to see that picture. Or do I have to start whining.......

Sounds like you gals had a blast. Hope you got the hug I sent you. ;) ;)

slick
xo

davidpizzica
10-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Lynne, I hope whoever has that single use camera likes to take pictures fast! everyone here at PT wants to see it!

Kfamr
10-10-2004, 04:21 PM
How could you call yourself a Pet Talk Memeber and then FORGET YOUR CAMERA!?!?!?

Sounds like you girls had fun! :p

Killearn Kitties
10-10-2004, 04:51 PM
I'll put my hand up and admit that I have the camera! It may take me a few days to get them on. How ridiculous was I to forget the digital camera?! I remembered halfway there! I couldn't believe it!!!

Slick, your hugs and Laurie's hugs were duly delivered. We had a fantastic afternoon, looking at cat photos, laughing, eating, laughing, telling stories, laughing, just chatting and laughing! I feel like doing it all again next week!! I haven't stopped grinning to myself yet.

I'll post those photos as soon as I can!!

Karen
10-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! ;) Wish I coulda been there - I've been to Edinborough, but the train from London to Edinborough left at midnight, both ways, so the countryside was all dark as I traveled through it.

Miss Meow
10-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Wish I could have been there :)

You'll have to catch up again so you can take pictures! :D

catnapper
10-10-2004, 08:24 PM
Thats great! I wish I could have been there!

krazyaboutkatz
10-10-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm glad you both had a wonderful time. I look forward to seeing the picture of both of you.:)

AmberLee
10-10-2004, 11:27 PM
It sounds like a terrific meeting. Wish I could've joined you! I, too, look forward to the photos!

lynnestankard
10-11-2004, 04:24 AM
Oh Karen how sad - travelling through all that beautiful country at night - mind you I'm biased I think the West Coast train line (London - Glasgow) - the one I used is much more beautiful than the East Coast line (London to Edinburgh)!! This is the train I used on Saturday and the scenery was magnificent as we went through The Lake District.

Lynne

Randi
10-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Lynne, I'm glad you and Karen had a wonderful time in Carlisle. :)Wish I could have been there!

A PT meeting and no camera!!! What a disgrace!! :eek: ;)

Hoping to see pics of you both once the film is developed. :)

sirrahbed
10-11-2004, 07:48 AM
It sounds like such a lovely and fun afternoon! Isn't it just the most wonderful thing when you finally meet with a PT'er?? ...sort of like someone you have known all along?? I just love it myself and and so happy that you two have a good "mini" meeting:D

Edwina's Secretary
10-11-2004, 12:41 PM
I am sooooooo jealous!

Vio&Juni
10-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Can't wait to see the picture :)

I am going to see Barbara this Saturday, and the boys :D Yahoo! I can't wait! Juni too :) She's already in my suitcase, which is in the middle of the room now :) (yes, you can tell I am anxious to go :D :D )

jenluckenbach
10-11-2004, 03:52 PM
How could you keep this a secret until AFTER the fact.....SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!

Are you finished with that flm yet???? ;)

I am so glad you guys got to meet. Can I come next time? :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
10-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Almost finished with the film, Jen. Just two more photos!

We'd LOVE you to come next time!

Remember to take your camera, Viorica! :D Can't you just sneak on over here after seeing Barbara? :D

gini
10-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Your description of your meeting is just how I felt when I got to meet Pet Talkers two years ago. This was for the First Annual BBQ.

We immediately all started talking.......everyone pitched in to help with whatever needed to be done........I left my home with complete strangers as Karen (wolflady) and I ventured to the airport to pick up Laurie and what did I find when I returned home?.................the corn was shucked and cooking on the stove.
Thanks to Noah'sMom.

We laughed so much all day and well into the evening.

It was just like having a family reunion and you loved each family member!

So, of course, there was the Second Annual BBQ and God willing there will be a Third!

Lynne and Karen...............like Sara, I am jealous too.

lynnestankard
10-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by gini

Lynne and Karen...............like Sara, I am jealous too.

So Gini, you , Jen., and Sara are coming next time? Yipppeeeeee!!!!:D :D

Lynne

gini
10-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Sara and Jen........let's call their bluff.............and DO IT!

lynnestankard
10-11-2004, 04:37 PM
YES!!!!!! Karen - their all coming!!!!!
Yipppeeeee!!!

Lynne

Killearn Kitties
10-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Fabulous news Lynne!!!
Let me just go and change the spare bed!! :D :D :D :D

jenluckenbach
10-11-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm the closest ;) :p

when are we going, anyway?

Barbara
10-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Hehehe. If Sara is coming I had to come too:D

I am afraid I'll have to keep Vio here- her visa is for Schengen countries only (and it is not easy to get her here:( );)

slick
10-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Can I join in??? Please? **on my knees begging**

gini
10-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Slick, get up off your knees! Of course you would be welcome.

Hey, this could be a wonderful Pet Talk venture!!!

Let's talk about it some more.

Killearn Kitties
10-13-2004, 01:18 PM
It would just be so great if you all came over here to meet us. :D :D

Hopefully I will get the pictures back tomorrow afternoon.

lynnestankard
10-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Right spare bed stripped and made ready!!! Of course you're coming too Slick - just no false tails at the airport eh?????:eek: :eek:

Lynne

slick
10-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
just no false tails at the airport eh?????:eek: :eek: Lynne
Can I tell the one about the Farmer's Daughter??? :D :D

Killearn Kitties
10-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by slick
Can I tell the one about the Farmer's Daughter??? :D :D

So long as you keep your voice down!!

gini
10-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
So long as you keep your voice down!!

But that doesn't mean we have to keep our laughter down, Slick!!:D :D :D

NoahsMommy
10-13-2004, 03:43 PM
I'M JEALOUS TOO!! We were supposed to be apart of that meeting, had it taken place this coming May. :(

We're planning on May 2007... :D

Lillycat
10-13-2004, 07:17 PM
if sara and barbara are going......i am going too......i've had a rough month...remember? i neeeeeeed a vacation in the next year or so eh?

Killearn Kitties
10-14-2004, 12:48 PM
Here come the pictures!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/pcb54b8ce423f18e27f7cfd21a833f627/f6a4cb4c.jpg

You can't see it properly, but Lynne is holding a sign saying"UK Pet Talk Meeting". Somewhat inaccurate, since we hadn't been able to put out a general invitation, but we felt something was needed. No expense was spared in the making of this sign. I hope Lynne's diary doesn't fall to bits without that page. :D

Never let it be said that Pet Talk is not educational. Did you know that Woodrow Wilson's mother was born in Carlisle? I'll bet you didn't.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/pa034f3943c5045e5c15e7eececba12b6/f6a4cb4e.jpg

If you can't see it very well it says "The Mother of Thomas Woodrow Wilson, President of the United States of America was born in Carlisle. Her father, the Reverend Thomas Woodrow MA was minister of this church, then worshipping in Annetwell Street, from February 1820 to June 1835. This tablet is placed here to commemorate President Woodrow Wilson's "Pilgrimage of the Heart" to this church, 29th December 1918."

There are some serious walls in the middle of the town. I spent some time in Carlisle in 1981, but I'm sure this wasn't there then. :D Well you would think I'd remember something that big wouldn't you?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/p64ffba82a6286daac7fd6aec41064885/f6a4cb54.jpg

Eventually though we had to head back to the station

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/p842b6e4bde2636761dd878e7d68fe2b1/f6a4cb58.jpg

(picture just to prove we were there!)

It was a great day. When are you all coming to meet us? :D :D

So, Kelly it's Chelsea in 2007 is it? It's in my diary ;)

slick
10-14-2004, 01:07 PM
**WAVES**
Wow, Hi there. Nice to see faces to go with the names.
:)
Beautiful pictures.
I was telling Gini that I might be able to swing it in 2006, but that's a mighty big "might". We'll see when the time comes.

lynnestankard
10-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Good grief - quick work Karen!!:D

**Waves** Hi all!!

Right so it's 2007? Or 2006 depending on the swingability!!:eek:
(Wouldn't it be wonderful if this came to pass?)

Lynne

Killearn Kitties
10-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Oh, I'm all excited already. I'll never keep this up until 2006! Perhaps we could charter a Pet Talk plane, because I see from Gini's 5000 thread that a swing through Europe is being talked about. :D :D It doesn't take much for us to get carried away does it. Hehehehe.