PDA

View Full Version : What breeds do you like,but never met before??

sammy101
10-10-2004, 12:19 PM
i would love to meet these Breeds:.....

American PitBull Terrier
Great Dane
Presa Canario
Swiss Mountain Dog
Cathoula Leopard Dog
Brittany Spaniel
Rottweiler
St.Bernard
American Bulldog
Bloodhound
Staffordshire Bull Terrier

and ALOT more,lol,but i really like all those breeds

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Collie (smooth and Rough)
Blue tick coonhound
Standard Dachshund
Sheltie
Presa Canario
Cane Corso
St.Bernard
Bernese mountain dog
English Mastiff
Greater swiss mountain dog
I would like to meet more Tollers since the only one I know is Tango's mom.
and there's probably more, I can't think of them right now though.

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to meet a Catahoula Leopard Dog:D

binka_nugget
10-10-2004, 12:36 PM
-Catahoula Leopard Dog (Jordan made me fall in love with those gorgeous dogs! :D)
-Smooth Collie
-Shiba Inu
-Akita
-Bedlington Terrier
-Berger des Pyrenees
-Icelandic Sheepdog
-Curly-Coated Retriever
-Ibizan Hound
-Kai Dog
-Keeshond

That's all I can think of.. I'm sure there are more.

Tina
10-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Golden Retriever
Great Dane
Saint Bernard
American Bulldog

senorita02
10-10-2004, 02:07 PM
i would love to meet...
Catahoula
Great Dane
Dogo Argentino
Cane Corso

bckrazy
10-10-2004, 02:27 PM
I've met so many dogs... just recently I met my first (I think) Old English Sheepdog puppy, with a summer cut, sooo cute!! I would like to meet more Australian Kelpies, as I've only met one, and I love Australian Koolies but I've never ever met any. The only Catahoula we've met is our buddy Smokey. He is the #1 CLD in Flyball, and he's on our team, Silver Streaks!! I'd love to meet many more of those. they are just the sweetest, most mellow, cool dogs ever - but they're also amazingly fast and as smart, maybe smarter, than any Border Collie. Smokey was also the first CLD to be registered in American Flyball. I need to get pics of him..... :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
I need to get pics of him..... :)

YES you do:D

sammy101
10-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
YES you do:D

Ditto!:D

kingrattus
10-10-2004, 03:10 PM
I've met so many different breeds of dogs back home. The rich would park their boats in our waters & camp in our parks & they ALL had some form of odd looking breed.

But so far I have not even seen a real Bloodhound yet, only photos online & in books.

I would love to meet one, I soooo wanna play with all the wrinkles & the big saggy-baggy lips hehehehehe

DogLover9501
10-10-2004, 08:00 PM
I've met alot of the breeds I really like.

I love meeting all dogs :D But some I have never met but would love to, are..

Akita
Presa Canario
Bernese Mountain Dog
Bullmastiff/Any mastiff
Bulldog

*EDIT* I forgot to add Chow Chow, and I know theres more :p

cali
10-10-2004, 08:25 PM
being in dog sports I have already met like every breed lol everyhing from chi's, to mastiffs, and all sorts of terriers, and herding dogs, and well you get the picture lol plus I live in a very dog friendly area, yill see maybe 1-2 cats, and like 50 dogs in the area lol

Toby's my baby
10-10-2004, 08:51 PM
There isn't a breed out there that I want to meet that i havent already!

I see a lot of you would like to see a Catahoula Lepord Dog, I met a puppy Catahoula and I begged the people and my dad to take it home, but I guess its owners wanted to keep it :p... I would love to own and Catahoula and a min pin, but I dont think my parents would like it if I brought 2 more dogs home.. :p

chocolatepuppy
10-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Great Pyrenees
Flat Coated Retriever
Two dogs I just love but have never seen in person. Have seen most of my other favorites. :)

cyber-sibes
10-10-2004, 09:41 PM
A couple of you mentioned Bernese Mountain dogs - there is a 6-month old puppy that comes to our dog park and he is SOOO cuddly and good-lookin'! His owner says there is a breeder nearby ...hmmmm...
another unusual dog at the park is a year old Komodore puppy - (100 lbs of puppy!) his coat is just starting to form dreads, can't wait to see him in another year!
I've always wanted to see a Beddlington terrier up close.
Would also like to meet...
a saluki
a borzoi
Krilian bear dogs
alaskan klee-kai

cocker_luva
10-10-2004, 10:06 PM
way too many

talia22
10-10-2004, 10:36 PM
IVE NEVER MET A CATAHOULA BUT I WOULD LOVE TO OWN ONE SOME DAY!! I ALSO HAVE NEVER MET AN ALBINO DOBERMAN...SO CUTE THOUGH

cloverfdx
10-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Also being involved in dog sports i have met ALOT of dogs :D. But i am sure there are a few i can list that i would love to meet and they would be dogs that have not been imported into Australia yet.

- Berger des Pyrenees (I would love to meet one and maybe oneday own one :D )

- Cane Corso (Have been available in Australia for not too long but i have never seen one)

- Smooth Collie

I guess that would be about it. I had been wanting to meet a Dandy Dinmont Terrier for the last few years and i finally met one at the Pet Expo earlier in the year :D, i talked to the breeder for quite some time and was SO excited.

Tonya
10-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by talia22
IVE NEVER MET A CATAHOULA BUT I WOULD LOVE TO OWN ONE SOME DAY!! I ALSO HAVE NEVER MET AN ALBINO DOBERMAN...SO CUTE THOUGH

Oooh! Albino Doberman? I would love to meet one too!

Also:
Merle Pomeranian. (I've met one, but it wasn't the merle look that I like.)

Catahoula

BitsyNaceyDog
10-11-2004, 12:41 PM
I've met so many breeds at work. One breed I have never met and would like to is an afghan. I think they are so beautiful and have such grace. I would also like to meet a french bulldog, a dutch decoy spaniel, and a weimaraner.

prechrswife
10-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Being a native of Louisiana, it strikes me as funny how many people want to meet a Catahoula in person. (The official name is Leopard Dog, but we always called them Catahoula curs.) They are very common in my hometown. We never had one, but my uncle had a half Catahoula/ half Lab for years. His name was Barney, and he was a great dog.

wolfsoul
10-12-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm glad that so many people want to meet catahoulas. That might be incentive for coming to meet me one day! :p I can't wait till I get my catahoula.

Dutch shepherd
Shiloh shepherd
East-Euro shepherd
Czhechoslovakian wolfdog
Sarloos wolfhond
Shikoku
Curly coated retriever
Saluki

Of course there are more. :)