PDA

View Full Version : benjamin again...

wolfie
10-10-2004, 10:54 AM
if you missed the last thread, it's here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59110)

Well, yesterday my mom asked me what am I doing about finding Benjamin a new home. :(

I told her that she doesn't understand how much he means to me, and she said that he means more to me everyday, and if I got rid of him 3 weeks ago when my stepdad told me to it would have been easier! She said it would be better for me to find him a good home than to come home one day and find out my stepdad took Benjamin to the pound!!!

I never told you guys this, but when I was little we had a greyhound for a month. She was a wonderful dog, but my ex-stepdad didn't like her, so one day when we were out he brought her to the pound! It was so awful! I still think about her... I don't want that to happen to Benjamin!

I don't know what to do... I could give Benjamin to my friend (who has Benjamin's brother). But then he would live outside in a hutch. And her bunny is kind of aggressive (prob because he hasn't been socialized) But he'd be close by to me.

Or I could have him live with my dad. My dad lives kind of far away though, so I'd only be able to see Benjamin 2 or 3 times a week, but he'd still be my bunny... and eventually when I move out I could take him again.

Or I could just say I got rid of him, and hide him in my room. But I'd be in so much trouble if they ever found out.

What should I do?

Kfamr
10-10-2004, 10:56 AM
I think the best bet, as long as your father knows how to give Benjamin proper care, is to home him at your father's.

sammy101
10-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I think the best bet, as long as your father knows how to give Benjamin proper care, is to home him at your father's.

ya i agree with Kfamr.That would be better so that you could see him 3 times a week or whatever.And youd be able to take him when you move out of the house:)

wolfie
10-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I'll talk to my dad. I talked to him before about Benjamin, and he really likes Benjamin, and said he doesnt' want me to have to get rid of him. I'm sure I could teach my dad how to clean the litterbox and feed him. ^_^

dukedogsmom
10-10-2004, 11:43 AM
I think he would be best off with your father. Even though you wouldn't get to see him as much as you wanted, at least you'd know he'd be safe. What would be the possibilities of living with your father? I guess the courts decided that?

manda_moo87
10-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Oh no, I didn't see your last thread about Benjamin until now. :( I know how it feels, I had to let 2 of the buns go yesterday but I'm so happy that they went to a wonderful home. :)

I'm with the others, I think you should see about getting your Dad to take him. Best of all you'd be able to have him back, someday. Just my thoughts but good luck and let us know how it all works out please!

I love Benjamin so much (incase you don't remember, I'm one of his biggest fans ;)). How is the little guy doing anyway? :)

Jods
10-10-2004, 01:23 PM
I guess the best bet is to give him to your Dad before anything worse happens to him, while your not home. Thats terrible your mom should have said it 3 weeks ago instead of letting you think it was just something that was gonna pass. I'm really sorry, maybe you'll hafta go to your Dad's more often now and see the baby... I can't believe this I"m relly sorry. :( ~HUGS~

wolfie
10-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Thank you everyone. I'll keep you updated

Originally posted by manda_moo87
I love Benjamin so much (incase you don't remember, I'm one of his biggest fans ;)). How is the little guy doing anyway? :)

^_^ he's doing good! He's such a good boy, and so well behaved. I couldn't ask for a better bun!

wolfie
10-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
What would be the possibilities of living with your father? I guess the courts decided that?

I think that since I'm 19 I could live with him now. I actually though about that, but I wouldn't want to leave my sister... and I don't think she'd want to switch schools

and... I was just thinking... when I was in college last year I was away from the guinea pigs for a week or two at a time, and they did fine. So seeing Benj only twice a week wouldn't be too bad.

Tonya
10-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by wolfie
Or I could have him live with my dad. My dad lives kind of far away though, so I'd only be able to see Benjamin 2 or 3 times a week, but he'd still be my bunny... and eventually when I move out I could take him again.

This sounds like the best option. It sounds like rehoming Benjamin is inevitable, so you should deal with it before your stepdad does. I don't suggest hiding him. If your stepfather finds him, he's going to be so mad that things could get even worse.