PDA

View Full Version : The Human Virus

catfancier
10-09-2004, 11:49 PM
I have an opinion about humans. It is one that I believe, yet can't fully endorse, because it is a MAJOR generalisation, but I thought I would do some venting to let out what I think about how people have taken over this earth. It may be offensive to a lot of people, so I apologise in advance for the negative comments, but like I mentioned, I also don't fully endorse my own opinion (which makes me sound irratic and flaky!) I suppose the negative opinion is the one that I take when I hear of situations that I will make points of, and the positive opinion I take when I know of or hear about the other points I will make. Confused? So am I! I will try to set it out clearly.

Negative Opinion:

The Human Virus:
How many stories do we hear of about people killing animals because they are in the way? Animal Planet shows such as Animal Cops (Miami Animal Police) ALWAYS have stories about alligator hunters removing alligators from what was once their natural habitat and territory because humans have built their houses on the edge of a section of everglade/river/swamp, because they like the location. The alligator (of which we're told there are more than 1 million), is bound, it's eyes are covered, the mouth is taped or roped closed, and it is taken somewhere to be 'humanely euthanised' as they say.
Welllllllllllllllll........................... if PEOPLE didn't live there in the first place, the alligator wouldn't have to DIE!!!
And who has lived there the longest? Who has been on this earth the longest?
There are currently over 6 BILLION people in the world.

Snakes are constantly getting removed from houses or off roads in Australia. I saw a snake entrapped in an empty can of Jim Beam, and a snake rescuer came along and cut it out. Simple message: PICK UP YOUR RUBBISH - BETTER YET, RECYCLE RECYCLE RECYCLE!!!
Better still, leave the land to the snakes!
And stop killing kangaroos with your cars when you travel on those man-made roads through a kangaroo's natural environment.

Seal hunting as a sport in Norway because the seals deplete the population of fish suitable for human food. LEAVE THE HUNTING TO THE SEALS! I'm sure that the fish that are caught for food don't want to die in the first place. Would you rather be eaten by a seal or a human?

LEAVE MOTHER NATURE TO SORT OUT HER ECOSYSTEMS AS THEY SHOULD BE NATURALLY. HUMAN INTERFERENCE IS KILLING THIS PLANET!

Positive Opinion:
I am going to shoot myself in the foot here and admit that I am a meat eater, I like to eat meat. I have gone far off KFC though, and I don't think I have been to McDonalds this whole year.

As said on one of Animal Planets ads: Only one species on this earth has the power to protect all the species on this earth. Without us, there may be a lot more species endangered or extinct by now.

The more research and study that people make about species, the less people will fear animals (and try to kill them), and the more we will understand them (eg, sharks).

People such as those on PT can do a lot for animals, and this is proven through the forums and message boards all over the net. I love to learn about animals, I love sharing ideas and suggestions with PT's and people I see at home, and I love finding new solutions to problems or queries I need to know the answers to.

I just wish this world was full of people who loved animals, and had their best interests in mind. It would be such a shame to lose more and more species, and know that we could have done something about it.

I welcome all replies, I don't mean to offend people but I do realise that I may have. Please don't take anything personally, I guess that I just take whichever opinion I have depending on the mood I am in, and I hope that I ended things well for everyone.

moosmom
10-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Welllllllllllllllll........................... if PEOPLE didn't live there in the first place, the alligator wouldn't have to DIE!!!
And who has lived there the longest? Who has been on this earth the longest?

I guess great minds think alike cuz I couldn't agree with you more, Catfancier! I've said that all along. Animals were here on this earth LOOOOOOONG before we were. Disrupting their habitat isn't fair to them.

I just wish this world was full of people who loved animals, and had their best interests in mind. It would be such a shame to lose more and more species, and know that we could have done something about it.

I just wish I had an answer or a solution, but I don't. You are a very wise person there kiddo.

dukedogsmom
10-10-2004, 09:01 AM
I agree. I feel bad for all the animals made to move because we greedy humans decide we want to live there. I know I'm part hypocrite because the way I feel about animals, I shouldn't eat meat at all.

kingrattus
10-10-2004, 09:23 AM
No bashing please, just my opinion.

I kinda have to disagree. Remember we r ALL animals. Mother nature knows how to take care of us when our population get too big. Thats why AIDS-HIV, colds, flu's, and all those other so called evel things that seem to kill us just fine. Also weather is a good population killer. Too hot, no food can grow, so u starve to death.

Mother nature does it to what we call wild animals too. When the Buffalow herd or the deer get too high in numbers, mother nature gives them a virus that spreds & kills them (like mad cow, foot & mouth, turbucolus (sp) & more).

Mother Nature just has a harder time keepping our population down because we r too good at fixing our problems.

We r all animals & do what animals do & that is...survival.

catfancier
10-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Yep, that's an absolutely fair enough and good comment, thanks for the contribution :)
I like reading about points that I hadn't thought of before. And I always encourage good, healthy debate! :p

kingrattus
10-10-2004, 11:23 PM

kingrattus
10-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Sars (sp??) was a GREAT way to help control populations. It killed a LOT of people in the short time it was around.

Then u also have to see it this way, I DON"T WANNA DIE!! It all comes down to survival. No one wants to die, & no one wants others to die. Thats why people send money & food to starving countries so they wont die.