PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what do I do now?

catnapper
10-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Tonight we were lazy after dinner and left some food out to be cleaned up later. We sat in the livingroomwatching a movie. I got up to put the kittens in their cage for the night, and they weren't in the livingroom, as they had been five minutes earlier... they were in the kitchen feasting.

Harry was eating Taco seasoned hamburger meat, and Evie had her face deep into the container of sour cream :eek: I picked them up (both cried furiously with indignation of being taken away from their buffet) and put them in their cage with plenty of fresh water and some Kitten Chow.

Should I do something else? Will they both have some serious poops and thats all? ACK! who'd have thought they were able to jump on top of the mircrowave cart!

DogLover9501
10-09-2004, 08:18 PM
:eek: Naw-tee kitties!! :D :D

Im not sure what you should expect!

jenluckenbach
10-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
ACK! who'd have thought they were able to jump on top of the mircrowave cart!
Kittens have been getting into trouble since the begining of time. You will learn that they can do ANYTHING they put their minds too .... hee hee

Be prepared for some diarrhea or throwing up, but don't panic yet. Just keep an eye on them.

And yes, I am laughing :D :p

catnapper
10-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

And yes, I am laughing :D :p
We are too... until I see what a mess that cage might be in the morning.

If they do vomit and have diarrhea, can I give them a bath to clean them? They are healthy and strong... so I guess they'd be ok. Strong enough to climb a 42" high microwave cart. :rolleyes:

prechrswife
10-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Saphirah helped herself to some chicken jambalaya one night, but she was none the worse for wear. She was a grown cat at the time, though, not a kitten.

NoahsMommy
10-10-2004, 12:33 AM
hee hee, sounds like a couple of naw-tee-kittens. ;)

Maybe an uppie-set tummy and some diarrhea, but they should be OK.

jenluckenbach
10-10-2004, 05:11 AM
How'd they make it through the night?

jazzzytina
10-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Sasha is a goat and will eat practically ANYTHING and jumps up and eats off the counter if we leave anything out. So far, she's been pretty ok - but she's a year old now. I've given her a bath several times with no problems - gave her a bath the day she came home with me as a kitten. She didn't like it too good, but she was no worse for the wear. Just made sure I dried her real good with towels and a hair dryer set on low. I'm sure they will be fine...hey, with all that mexican food they ate, they might turn into CHIHUAHUAS!!! ;)

catnapper
10-10-2004, 08:38 AM
They made it through the night without any sickness of any kind. Perhaps I got to them just as their dining experience began.

You'd thinkI was starving them! You should see how big and round their bellies are. The person who fostered them first thinks its because they had so many problems at first with worms and another stomach virus that they just want to eat and eat. I swear I never saw anything like it!

catmandu
10-10-2004, 11:13 AM
I dont think,that that will hurt Kittens Tummys,taht much,as Kittens,seem able to eat anything! The Mental Phto,of them,helping themselves,reminds ,me of Pouncer,and Mr Scrappy,when they were young,all those years ago...

Barbara
10-10-2004, 12:30 PM
I don't think it will be too bad for them. At about 4 months, Filou survived a cooked Chili:eek: I don't suppose your hamburgers are as hot as that;)

christa
10-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Nawtee kitties! LOL! :D

Kirsten
10-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Naw-tee kitties!!!

Don't worry, they'll most likely be alright!! During her first months here, Lily tried to steal almost everything from my plates, even the real spicy stuff - she never got sick!

But I'm lucky that she's not interested in human food anymore these days. :D

Kirsten

DJFyrewolf36
10-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Remus is up in your plate for ANYTHING! He doesn't eat it though, I think he thinks no food is quite right without kitty nose added to it. Last night he stuck his nose right in my pizza, although it was reeeeeeeeally funny watching him try to lick pizza sauce off hehe.