PDA

View Full Version : Worst-ever cat abuse case in Canadian history

sasha the cat
10-09-2004, 01:28 PM
tikeyas_mom opened a thread "urgent notice for Canadian cat owners" .

I implore all of us who love cats (and all animals) -- in fact, begging on my knees -- that people who have "outdoor" cats reconsider allowing their beloved, treasured cats to remain "outdoor" cats. This applies to all pets because danger is everywhere.

A cat faces great dangers being an "outdoor" cat and I personally believe one who has a pet must be responsible for the safety of the pet. Being responsible means your "outdoor" cat will not become a sad statistic like the late Kensington, The Cat.

WARNING: This is a horrific story about three so-called human males who tortured Kensington to death in the Kensington Market area of Toronto, Canada.

I submit this terrible story in the hope that cat lovers who have "outdoor" cats will protect their felines by keeping them indoors where they are safe.

Click onto:
http://freeanimals.org/~kensington/unspeakable.html
to read about Kensington The Cat.

My fervent wish is this trio of sickos will meet a similar fate...the sooner, the better!

May misery and pain be their lot in life. These three murderers do not deserve to live and I resent that they are using up good oxygen.

Noli Me Tangere
10-09-2004, 03:46 PM
How awful! My cats are indoor ladies. However, if they were outdoor cats, after reading this message they would instantly become indoor cats!

Kensington, RIP. I can't stop crying.

In your memory I'm writing to my member of parliament to ask that Canadian laws be changed whereby abusers of animals face severe sentencing, minimum 5 years in jail plus heavy fines. And, of course, abusers forbidden to have any contact with animals at any time.

catnapper
10-09-2004, 04:07 PM
I couldn;t even finish the article. How devastatingly sick! And he's likely to only get two years jail time. I can't wait til the guys in jail hear what he did... and hope they inflict their own sense of justice upon him. :mad: Even then he needs much more pain and humiliation than than.

DogLover9501
10-09-2004, 04:47 PM
I couldn't finish it either :( Not even half! I started crying!

How sad, and sick :( :mad:

catmandu
10-10-2004, 11:23 AM
RIp,Kensington,The Found Cat Angels,will see that you go,to a Better Place!

manda_moo87
10-10-2004, 12:59 PM
I really wish I hadn't read that... (didn't get all the way either)

:( :mad:

sasha the cat
10-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Re: Kensington, The Cat

So terrible is his story which is why I put in the warning. I don't think I'll ever get over this. We must be very protective of our pets because vicious people are everywhere.

I'm furious that the laws have not yet been changed (many of us have petitioned for new animal protection laws). We continue to petition and will until the laws are changed.

My feelings of malevolence toward the three sickos has not abated. You wouldn't want to know what I wish I could do to them.

Mkitty
10-10-2004, 07:49 PM
im afraid to watch the video on what they did. uh idiots and worse. whatever they did, they should be charged, or anything that they deserve.

todd
10-10-2004, 08:34 PM
im from canada bit my cat is a indoor cat but thanks for posting that

Don Juan's mom
10-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Damn. I read James Ellroy, Ed McBain, and books on famous disasters, but I couldn't finish THAT. :mad: If Don Juan could read, I would show him that story, to cure him of pestering me to let him out of the gate!

At least there will be a couple of serial-killers-in-training off the streets.

Liz

Kirsten
10-11-2004, 08:45 AM
From the comments made by the others on that article, I decided to better not read it. Not because I'm ignorant, but because I know it will break my heart one more time, about the cruelty of men. I'm very aware of all these low-lives out there who call themselve humans, and who are nothing but a disgrace for our own species.

I agree with you, Sasha the cat, this world is too sick and too dangerous for our beloved felines, that's why my girls are strictly indoors. I have many arguments with people who call that animal abuse, and I've written an article on this for my latest website. If anyone's interested, it's here (http://www.catmom.de/engl/frei.html) .

Kirsten

sasha the cat
10-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Mew, I'm happy to read the comments here-in, especially to learn that your kitties are indoor kitties.

Halloween is coming. My KatMa & Paw-Paw worry no end that outdoor kitties may be harmed by crazies. We implore chatters in the PetTalk threads to please keep your outdoor kitties in the week of Halloween, especially the night before, the night of and the night after Halloween.

You would never forgive yourselves if your darling ourdoor kitty was harmed by sickos. Halloween is very dangerous for all pets: cats, dogs, rabbits ... the list is endless.

so, Please, please, keep your pets inside.

Jods
10-13-2004, 09:06 PM
oh my GOD!! I'm bawling now... Stupid me decides to scroll down and read the middle just to see what its about.....:( Whats wrong with PPL???????????

IttyBittyKitty
10-14-2004, 07:12 AM
The worst thing is they showed the video at a film festival! It was supposed to be "art" and making the point that we eat cows, pigs etc but won't eat cats. Well, if they were going to make THAT point, they should have at least killed the cat humanely as the abbatoirs do with cows, pigs, etc.

(not that I eat cows, pigs etc but many do :) )

My cats are permanent indoor residents, Pixel has been outdoors a few times (falling out of windows, sneaking out once) and Randi has too (sneaking out once) but they never go far. I just don't trust people. Simple as that. Not with my precious babies.