PDA

View Full Version : "A child called IT"

CamCamPup33
10-09-2004, 12:00 PM
I just finished reading it yesterday and now im on the second book "The Lost Boy."

I HIGHLY recommend that if you haven't read it, -- you should. It's an excellent book -- Yet it's VERY very sad. I got teary eyed through the whole book.

Just wondering if anyone else has read it..

nibblets
10-09-2004, 12:29 PM
I've read all his books. That is such a heartbreaking story, and sadly, not unlike a case they just discovered within the last two weeks here in KC. One child (one of 5 foster children and 2 natural children) in this family was treated much like Dave was in his books, though I don't know that this case was as severe. Probably because they were caught earlier. I just cannot fathom them doing that to their kids and the other parent going along with it. I think everyone should read his first two books.

moosmom
10-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Someone at work told me to read it. It's actually a series of 3 books, "A Child Called It", "A Man Named Dave" and "The Lost Boy".

What this guy went through will make the hair on your neck stand up! I plan on going to the library today and begin reading them.

Cookiebaker
10-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Holy cow, those are good books! I read them about 2 years ago (I think) Totally heartbreaking, but riveting. I highly recommend them, too.

animal_rescue
10-09-2004, 02:30 PM
yea I read them awhile ago too.. It was so sad!
Then in my 8th grade year it was like a fab
to read the books! I mean every singel girl in my
class had one book or the other! It seems like no one
stopped crying in my class, while the girls had the books!

DJFyrewolf36
10-09-2004, 05:31 PM
I read them for a class in high school...very powerful set of books indeed!

Amber
10-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I only read "A child called it" its crazy how much he went through!

puppyluvs
10-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Well you guys have me very interested here :D I'll have to read these !!!