PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new!

Miranda_Rae
10-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi,

I'm new here! I have read posts on this website for about 2 years before I got up the nerve to join. I have a German Shorthaired Pointer whose name is Heidi, and she is almost two years old. Her birthday is December 28. As of this typing she is out pheasant hunting with my dad and brother. She LOVES to hunt! I am going to be entering her in a conformation show in Canada in November, and right now I am in agility with her. Its a lot of fun. She just loves the treats! :D Shes my baby and my best friend. I love her to death!

Well I think that sums it up. Oh yeah, this is my first dog, ever! I wanted a fluffy dog but my dad wanted a hunting dog, so I settled for a GSP, and I couldn't be happier. :) Shes the greatest!

Oh yeah, and one of the reasons that I didn't join earlier was cause I am VERY paranoid about Internet predators. So yeah. Well I think thats all!

~Miranda Rae~

dogs_4_me
10-09-2004, 11:36 AM
Welcome to Pet talk!! I'm have a Golden Retriever named Emma, and a Terrier x named Moco. Hope you like it here:D

GoldenRetrLuver
10-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Hi Miranda Rae! Welcome to Pet Talk!

My name is Julie, and I'm owned by the two pups you see in my signature, at the end of my post. Molly is a three year old, female, Sable and White Rough Collie, and Daisy is a two year old, female, Golden Retriever. I also have a Pied Cockatiel named Piper, a Hamster named Neko, two Cats named Angel and Dillian, and six Desert Tortoises! A regular zoo. ;)

Do you have any pictures of Heidi? She sounds like a doll! It's great you're involved in soo many things with her!

Desert Arabian
10-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! My name is Laura and I am owned my 2 cats, 2 rats, and 2 rabbits. I go hunting also! There is a Rat Terrier that goes duck hunting with us, and could probably out retrieve a Labrador if he so desired- it is hilarious when he brings back a duck almost bigger than him! He sure is a toughie!

Post pictures of your GSD, ASAP- we love pictures on Pet Talk! :D

chocolatepuppy
10-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi Miranda! Welcome to Pet Talk! I have two dogs and two cats! You'll love it here, lots of nice people! :)

Tina
10-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

I am owned by 3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 bird and 3 goldfish.

binka_nugget
10-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

I'm owned by the two Shelties in my sig, Kai and Kaedyn.

Pictures are always welcome! :D I hope you enjoy it here!

PJ's Mom
10-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi Miranda! :)

jazzcat
10-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Welcome to PT!

I have a dog and 5 cats (2 are kittens I just got Sunday). You can see their pictures in my signature below.

I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about your dog. I think you will be glad you joined. We are all nice here and safe.

Miranda_Rae
10-09-2004, 11:55 AM
I don't live in Canada. I live in the US. I do dog shows in Canada cause my trainer shows in Canada, and there aren't any where I live. :(

~Miranda Rae~

Kfamr
10-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Welcome! :)

My name is Kay and I'm owned by three mutts. :)

Miranda_Rae
10-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the friendly welcome! I don't want to be a pain, but could someone tell me how to put a picture of Heidi up here? Thanks!

Kfamr
10-09-2004, 12:17 PM
You have to load your photo onto an image server -- many of us use www.photobucket.com

Once you've done that. get the url of the photo [right click on it, properties] then use the IMG code and paste the URL in between the image code.

It'd look something like this, without the spaces..

[I M G] PHOTO'S URL [/ IMG ]

CamCamPup33
10-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi Miranda Rae!

Welcome to PT! My name's Amber, and im owned by my corgi/american eskimo mutt, Cami who will be 2 year's old on the 30th And my Calico Kitty, Cali! Looking foward to hearing more about Heidi! :)

KYS
10-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. :D

Karen
10-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

Another way to post pictures is to "attach" them - they show up as just a link, but people can click on it and see the picture. It's at the bottom of the box in the window where you type your post, says "attach file." It is best if it's a jpg file, but other types work, too - there's a list right noext to the "Attach file" button.

swimma253
10-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Welcome! Im Carly and have an Alaskan Husky, Meeka and a guinea pig ,Rodney. Both in my sig! You will love it here! :D

Carly

Miranda_Rae
10-09-2004, 12:35 PM
i hope this works! She's winking! :D Miranda Rae

Karen
10-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Yup! She's a cutie, all right! Is she winking at the camera?

Oh, and welcome to Pet Talk, I'm one of the moderators, and my current pet is Miss Hoppy - that's her as my avatar!

Miranda_Rae
10-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks! Yeah shes cute, and thats only her head! :) I didn't make her wink or anything. When i got the pictures back she was winking. I thought it was cute! Miranda Rae
Oh yes Karen, I have been "lurking" for almost 2 years so pretty much know all about everyones pets, but I haven't been back for months and now here I am!

popcornbird
10-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Welcome Miranda!!!

Wow! Two years? :p How did you manage to stay quiet all that time? ;)

I have two sweet cockatiels, Popcorn and Muffin. Your pup is beautiful!!!

Miranda_Rae
10-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Because I am VERY afraid of online predators. :eek:

I have read a lot of your posts, and I admire your insight a lot. :)

Miranda Rae

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Welcome to PT:D I am owned by a Rottweiler, a Duck Toller mix and a Miniature Dachshund, I hope you enjoy being here:)

popcornbird
10-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
Because I am VERY afraid of online predators. :eek:

I have read a lot of your posts, and I admire your insight a lot. :)

Miranda Rae

Ah I see. PT's a pretty safe site though, and as long as you don't give too much personal information, you should be alright.

:)

Miranda_Rae
10-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Yes, I have finally figured out that most of the people on this site are pretty harmless. :)

Miranda Rae

chrissycat21
10-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Welcome to PT! I'm glad you finally joined! I would love to see more pictures of your beautiful baby!

I'm Chrissy and I'm owned by a dog, Snowy (seen in signature) and a guinea pig, Taffy (seen in avatar and part of signature)

Once again, welcome! Hope to be seeing more of you posts soon!

RobiLee
10-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Hi Miranda,

Welcome to Pet Talk! My name is Robin and those are my two girls in my signature. Katie is a one year old Akita and Tori, a Siberian Husky, will be 9 months old tomorrow.

Your Heidi is a cutie. I really like GSP's. Our dog trainer has 4 of them and I quickly fell in love with her gang. Great dogs! Hope we will get to see more of Heidi and hear some stories about her and you.

Robin :)

Miranda_Rae
10-09-2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks! Your dogs are BEAUTIFUL! So pretty and fuffy. :D I love fluffy. Yes, I am sure you will be hearing more about me and Heidi. :)

Miranda Rae

sammy101
10-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Hey im sam!

i am owned by one dog and one cat!

Kodie is (i think... ) a Lab/rottweiler/hound/???? mix,and he's 15 months
Bear is my cat,she is black and will be 19 in november:)

heres a pic of Kodie!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/kodiecollar.jpg

Miranda_Rae
10-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Kodies cute! His ears remind me of Heidi's. I just LOVE it when her ears are cold. Lol, silly I know, but i love it! :D

sammy101
10-09-2004, 07:51 PM
thankyou!i love his ears too,lol

Jods
10-09-2004, 11:35 PM
WELCOME TO PT!!!!!
Glad you decided to join it's a great plce to hang out... The inernet can be scary, but don't worry were good ppl... You'lll love it here!:)

Miranda_Rae
10-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks! I hope you are all safe! ;) I will hopefully be getting more pictures of Heidi soon, well when my roll of film is done. Theres some in there where shes dressed up like a cowboy...umm cowgirl! Shes so patient. :)

trayi52
10-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Miranda!

My name is Willie and I am owned by the pets you see in my sig.

Hope you like it here, it is filled with really good people, again I want to welcome you to Pet Talk!

Willie:D

Miranda_Rae
10-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Thanks for welcome! I like your animals....they are so pretty! I've always wonder what it would be like to own a monkey...i bet its interesting. :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Miranda!! I have a Border Collie (Blaze, in my sig/avater/blinkie) and a guinea pig named Domino. I'm glad you finally joined!! ;)

Miranda_Rae
10-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Miranda!! I have a Border Collie (Blaze, in my sig/avater/blinkie) and a guinea pig named Domino. I'm glad you finally joined!!

Yeah, I am glad that I finally joined too. Cute dog! :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
Yeah, I am glad that I finally joined too. Cute dog! :D

Thanks, Blaze is the love of my life and my best friend!! :D

manda_moo87
10-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Hello Miranda, welcome. :) I'm sure you 'll love it here. My name is Amanda and I have 7 rabbits, and 2 cats (in my siggy).

DogLover9501
10-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Hey!! Welcome to Pet Talk!

I'm Robyn :)

This place is amazing, it's the best place, the people are so amazing and I have so many wonderful friends here! I come here when Im excited, happy, sad, frustrated..etc, because it's such a great place with lots of great people!!

I have 3 dogs, Piddle a shih-tzu, Jasper a boxer and Wiggles a shih-tzu mix, they are here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/dogluver9501/Sept08/021.jpg

And also a cat named Tigger in my signature :)

pitc9
10-11-2004, 08:58 AM
WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!

I have two German Shepherd Dogs, Buddy and Sierra.

Miranda_Rae
10-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Thank you guys for the warm welcome. Your dogs are BEAUTS! :D Makes me want to add another one to my "family" but I can't. :( It would be fun though. :) I am sure I will love it here.