PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys kiss your cats on the lips?

kt_luvs_kitties
10-09-2004, 01:59 AM
I was just wondering if other people kiss their kitties on the lips? Me and my hubby CONSTANTLY kiss our kitties on the lips, and everytime someone sees us do it, esp. my mother, they think it is gross. My mom always comments "they lick their butts, and you go kissing them". I also eat after them and share my food. Do you guys think it is weird or nasty? I have never really thought anything about it. I love them and they love kisses, I cant help it. Do you all do that also? Or is it true, that we are nasty:p Just curious...:D

Liza
10-09-2004, 03:40 AM
Are there people who don't? :p ha ha ........... Yes, I do! A favorite smooch is when I can sneak up on the one with major attitude. You know, that one who just might slap you silly at any time. Sometimes I pick her up from the front, holding her under the shoulders and get a lip smooch before she knows it. I put her down quickly and she's like, "??? Hey! You won't get that past me again!" But I do. Nothing better than kitty lips.

Kirsten
10-09-2004, 05:33 AM
Well, sometimes... :o But I prefer kissing them on the forehead. After all, they really lick their butts... ;) But then again, who cares? We simply love them! :D

Kirsten

catcrazylady
10-09-2004, 07:10 AM
If I could get them to hold still for it I would! Most of mine get it on the forehead or the side of their mouth which is usually all I get before they get away!;) :D

lady_zana
10-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Typically, I kiss them on the forehead. In fact, they have been trained kind of so that when I bend down with my lips puckered, they know to raise their heads up to the kiss!

However, at night, Weezie will come up to me and "kiss" (lick) me on the lips and I don't mind it at all. My husband used to complain about that, because they would lick their butts but I just told him, hey, I know plenty of people who lick their butts too if they could twist like that to do it!

jazzzytina
10-09-2004, 07:32 AM
I kiss Sasha full on the lips. No illnesses yet! I think their mouth enzymes take care of any "butt-licking" problems (at least that's what I'm telling myself as I smooch her!) :) She seems to like it and doesn't pull away.

I've been able to kiss Vivi on the head occasionally,and Tad kissed Pep on the head a lot, but never on the lips - those two weren't/aren't big kissers.

When I get into a kissy mood with Sasha, I will sing "Besame Mucho" to her.

catmandu
10-09-2004, 09:01 AM
It ,probably Health wise,is safer,to kiss Cats,then people,but I kiss my Found Cats,around the ears!

sirrahbed
10-09-2004, 09:06 AM
I kiss them:D If you think of it, they lick themselves all over anyway with that little buttlicking mouth, so what is the difference? I have however, never kissed a catbutt:o :p

moosmom
10-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Absolutely!!!!!

DogLover9501
10-09-2004, 09:36 AM
I would, if Tigger would let me ;)

I usually kiss his nose or forehead, and thats hard enough to do, he's not a "kissy" guy :p

catnapper
10-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Absoultely! If you stopped to worry about them licking their butts, or anything else less than desirable, think about some of the things we touch on a daily basis, then we touch our lips. The worst is money! Ewww... if you knew what on that, you'd definately agree that kissing a cat is preferred!

DogLover9501
10-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Absoultely! If you stopped to worry about them licking their butts, or anything else less than desirable, think about some of the things we touch on a daily basis, then we touch our lips. The worst is money! Ewww... if you knew what on that, you'd definately agree that kissing a cat is preferred!

Good point, Kim ;)

jazzcat
10-09-2004, 11:38 AM
I don't on the lips, just foreheads. I also blow on Ripley's belly - a zerbert! He seems to like it and will sometime roll over for me to do it.

christa
10-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Never kiss Josie on the lips . . . don't think she'd let me anyway. She gets tons of kisses on her cheeks & forehead. She can't get away from those!

RedHedd
10-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Of course I do! Those sweet little kitty lips! Mishi has freckled lips and Mitzi's are just so tiny and cute I can't resist! Of course they look at my as if I'm nuts when I do that :rolleyes:

kt_luvs_kitties
10-09-2004, 02:00 PM
This is great to know, that I am not the only one who kisses my kitties on the lips. I also figure that we touch worse (gas pumps) and things, and then get germs in our mouths. I just like doing it, and I cant help it. And they seem to enjoy it also:D

lol@ are their people that dont!:D

AmberLee
10-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Sometimes, but I do find kitty foreheads and shoulders easier targets to hit, so to speak. My cats seemed resigned to kisses, rather than welcoming them... :rolleyes: :p

drewhexsa
10-09-2004, 03:59 PM
i do sometimes, but nothing compares to my friend's cat, Luigi. he loves to make out, and will hold your face and lick your lips till you remove him, he's super sweet. Illyria has done that once, but then I relized she was licking crumbs off my face, hehe. silly kitty.

Traice
10-09-2004, 04:47 PM
I kiss Nesta on the forehead and shoulders, she would never let me kiss her on the lips. She always has that "Yuk! Mom do you have to" expression when I try to get all smoochy.

slick
10-09-2004, 08:00 PM
I have no problem kisses cats and dogs on the lips. :)

Maybe that's why I'm still single?????? :D :D

QueenScoopalot
10-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Another kisser here! :D Joey prefers having his cheeks kissed though. One cheek first (all dreamy eyed the whole time) then the other! :)

Felicia's Mom
10-09-2004, 09:00 PM
My cats are kissed on the forehead.:)

lisalee
10-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Of course I do!! I kiss Sash all the time and I love to kiss his belly.:D I always say "Sash do I dirty you"?? I swear he thinks I'M dirty the way he cleans himself for 20 mins after I kiss and hug him!:eek:

sirrahbed
10-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by lisalee
Of course I do!! I kiss Sash all the time and I love to kiss his belly.:D I always say "Sash do I dirty you"?? I swear he thinks I'M dirty the way he cleans himself for 20 mins after I kiss and hug him!:eek:
I am glad I am not the only one:) Dylan always washes off my kisses as soon as I am done:p

Jods
10-09-2004, 11:26 PM
I do to Pixie, Fifa wont let me... Pixie usually kisses back shes a sweet lil girl :rolleyes: (sometimes)

leslie
10-11-2004, 07:25 PM
I used to have a siamese, Dashiell Hammett, that would attach his lips to one of mine during love time, and wouldn't let go. He'd rub his mouth back and forth as if people kissing and purr for several minutes and if I moved my head away, he'd just creep over my chest and re-attach his lips to one of mine... I always itched around my chin and lips from, I guess, the saliva and the short hairs of his chin scritching back and forth... This was a ritual his whole life (14 years)! (And not to open a new topic, but imagine my dismay when my boss chastised me for being "a cat lady" when I took off the weekend my Dash died...---another day!!!).
I kiss Scamp on the lips cuz he sits in front of me and waits for it! No one else wants it (Shy likes rubbing the sides of her mouth along mine but not really to kiss, just wipe and purr!)

slick
10-11-2004, 10:16 PM
LOL :D I was catsitting on the weekend and "Rusty" is a 20 lb orangie boy that drools up a storm when petted. Anyway he was on my lap and in the middle of a drool I raised his head and kissed him and got drool all over my mouth.

Now that's love. :D

QueenScoopalot
10-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by slick
LOL :D I was catsitting on the weekend and "Rusty" is a 20 lb orangie boy that drools up a storm when petted. Anyway he was on my lap and in the middle of a drool I raised his head and kissed him and got drool all over my mouth.

Now that's love. :D
Same thing here with Thumbelina (but she's tiny and handicapped). She drools profusely, and I've been the unwilling recipient of her drool in my mouth as I've (tried) slept. :eek: :rolleyes: She stares at me every morning waiting for me to peek at her....then look out..the floodgates have opened! :D